OT: UCONN NEW HELMET | Syracusefan.com

OT: UCONN NEW HELMET

I'm reminded of the saying about putting lipstick on a pig.

If 17 year old HS football players like it, I like it.

And indications are that 17 year old HS kids like it.

The conference insignia will matter more to 17 year old kids.

And indications are that 17 year old HS kids like it.

Very true. Most 17 year olds don't know much about these 2nd Tier Universities, so at least Uconn is trying to stand out from the rest of the MAC schools.

What? The white one looks like a Ped State helmet where they cut two sides off a sticker and slapped it over the top. The blue one looks like a Blue Devil and a Husky made a baby...not that this hasn't been done before, I believe they are called douchebags.

The conference insignia will matter more to 17 year old kids.

Maybe.

But UCONN and Rutgers had more NFL talent than just about anyone in the B1G or ACC or Big 12.

Maybe.

But UCONN and Rutgers had more NFL talent than just about anyone in the B1G or ACC or Big 12.
I understand the instinct to defend your beloved huskies, but game over man. You guys may get a seat at the big boy table, but a series of douchebag moves by the administration has really come back to haunt you. Until you are thrown a lifeline, you have no defense, you are UMass.

Are you saying 17 year old HS football players are attracted to the empowerment of rape culture?

http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/26/colleges-husky-dog-logo-promotes-rape-says-student/

;)
There were two sexual assaults at UConn involving athletes in the past year, Luby claimed.
The logo and the teams it represents are menacing to women, she wrote.
“The face of real life UConn athletics is certainly capable of frightening college women,” wrote Luby.

It would seem this woman has an issue with men's athletics in general. Apparently she doesn't realize that rape isn't just committed by athletes.

Maybe.

FSU had more than those 2 combined. You can add our 3 on top of that. Nice try, though.

No one is going to play for you guys going forward. SU and BC offer the ACC and Rutgers offers the B10? I hate to pile on too much - but, c'mon ... You guys had a run at mediocrity and now will slink back to your musty dog house to play Tulane every year.

It's over delusional UCONN fan. Over.

FSU had more than those 2 combined. You can add our 3 on top of that. Nice try, though.

No one is going to play for you guys going forward. SU and BC offer the ACC and Rutgers offers the B10? I hate to pile on too much - but, c'mon ... You guys had a run at mediocrity and now will slink back to your musty dog house to play Tulane every year.

It's over delusional UCONN fan. Over.

Not to nick pick but I'm pretty sure that 7 + 5 is bigger than 11 (Rutgers + UCONN is bigger than???? FL ST) but I don't have a calculator handy to double check.

Nobody else in the ACC had more than UCONN. Nobody in the B1G had as many as UCONN

And UCONN has been getting guys without other offers so I'm not sure how much its really going to impact us, we have great facilities on campus.

As far as on field, the team with the best coach out of UCONN, SU, Pitt, BCU and RU will win the most.

The advantage other schools has over UCONN is money to pay for a coach (more accurately, a mistake) but that really hasn't helped BCU very much lately.

Dude you have Coach Duh and his sidekick...5-6 wins is your destiny. On the bright side you get NOLA every couple years.

Dude you have Coach Duh and his sidekick...5-6 wins is your destiny. On the bright side you get NOLA every couple years.

How many 9 win season have you had since Coach Duh left SU?

How many did you have in the 25 years before he showed up?

Full Disclosure - he has this season to turn it around IMHO.

Let me guess, you two are under 30, right?

I'm 26, and I think they are horrible... Being UCONN helmets have nothing to do with it.. They are just ugly

Let me guess, you two are under 30, right?

29 today actually. I don't think the new ones are great but the block C was bad. I preferred the interlocking UC helmets you have prior vs the current block C design but at least the new design gives you something a bit unique.

I'm 26, and I think they are horrible... Being UCONN helmets have nothing to do with it.. They are just ugly

Cmon man be honest. Nothing UConn could do would rate above horrible.