OT- UFC Silva. WARNING! graphic photo | Syracusefan.com

OT- UFC Silva. WARNING! graphic photo

jvbj01

All Conference
image.jpg

That picture doesn't make it look nearly as bad as it was watching it live. And that's saying something. One of the worst injuries I've ever seen.

Broken leg. His leg just turned to jello when he tried to kick the guy. I'd post the video but I'm not sure it's even appropriate. It's horrifying.

Yeah I just saw another pic somewhere else. I think the kid on Louisville's snapped leg in the NCAAs last season was a bit more gruesome looking. Maybe Silva's injury is worse but that one looked so much worse with the bone sticking out.

There was another UFC fighter who suffered a similar injury a few years back. Same thing. Connected on a kick, and the leg just shattered. That's Ultimate Fighting. I'm sure they shatter cheek bones all the time, but we just don't see it.

Having a DVD is wonderful. We did a frame by frame and it was gruesome. I have mixed feelings on doing the frame by frame. I can not get it out of my head.

my reaction was O M F G then I puked. Ill never get the smell out of the sofa

Last edited:
Having a DVD is wonderful. We did a frame by frame and it was gruesome. I have mixed feelings on doing the frame by frame. I can not get it out of my head.
The one replay was enough for me.
One of the most horrifying injuries you can imagine.
But that's the fight game...even for a guy like Silva...the best of the best.

I was furious that the UFC telecast didn't focus on the injury after speaking with Weidmann. They didn't have to show it again but they should have kept us updated.
Don't know if that was a weak attempt at trying to protect their brand but it certainly didn't serve fans.

The one replay was enough for me.
One of the most horrifying injuries you can imagine.
But that's the fight game...even for a guy like Silva...the best of the best.

I was furious that the UFC telecast didn't focus on the injury after speaking with Weidmann. They didn't have to show it again but they should have kept us updated.
Don't know if that was a weak attempt at trying to protect their brand but it certainly didn't serve fans.

I don't understand. What kind of an update could be given 10 minutes later? I think the video showed it clearly. The leg was broken. Silva was probably in an ambulance. Why would this make you furious?

looked like a compound fracture not too dissimilar from Kevin Wares but down lower in the calf as you can see blood and protruding bone through the skin when he's down. Ugly and gruesome.

And btw way this "sport" and the increasing attention to it is the beginning of the end of civilized society, just a matter of time until gladiator like games come back Running Man style. I don't get it. Actually I get it, don't like it.:confused:

Last edited:
looked like a compound fracture not too dissimilar from Kevin Wares but down lower in the calf as you can see blood and protruding bone through the skin when he's down. Ugly and gruesome.

And btw way this "sport" is the beginning of the end of civilized society, just a matter of time until gladiator like games come back Running Man style. I don't get it. Actually I get it, don't like it.:confused:

Agreed. Its barbaric and pointless. If Aliens are out there watching, they might just want to nuke us from orbit now.

Ouch. i haven't watched any MMA recently. Happy i missed that.

Slightly OT: I'm in love with Ronda Rousey.

"Be

And btw way this sport is the beginning of the end of civilized society, just a matter of time under gladiator games come back Running Man style. I don't get it. Actually I get it, don't like it.:confused:
ginning of the end of civilized so
Ouch. i haven't watched any MMA recently. Happy i missed that.

Slightly OT: I'm in love with Ronda Rousey.

If you would have watched the ultimate fighter, you might not like her. She is a filthy mouthed pig.

Silva's injury looked like it was closed, not open - if true chance of infection is significantly reduced. I first thought on watching the replay that the break might be near the tibial plafond; such fractures can be very difficult to deal with as they often involve the ankle joint. The latest reports don't indicate a plafond frx - he's lucky. Prognosis here is excellent - stick a rod in the tibia and give him a few months. He should be fine. Whether he wants to fight again is up to him.

And btw way this "sport" and the increasing attention to it is the beginning of the end of civilized society, just a matter of time until gladiator like games come back Running Man style. I don't get it. Actually I get it, don't like it.:confused:

This is the new "ultimate" male bonding experience as well. I know people in business who moved on from karate to "fight training" now. That's the new macho status-symbol. Then they all go to the local fights that come to town once a month. I don't quite get it. And most of these guys I know who are doing it are in their early 40's. Really? Is it worth it? I thought karate was supposed to be a really great way to stay in shape and teach life lessons. Then I hear about mothers from the neighborhood sparring every week, one even suffering a terrible knee injury in the process. But she'll be back at it in 6 months.

All I have to say to the fight trainers is good luck walking around when you're in your 70's. Ultimate fighting is not a way to regain your youth.

"Be

ginning of the end of civilized so

If you would have watched the ultimate fighter, you might not like her. She is a filthy mouthed pig.
I've met Rousey and can say she is nothing like the heel she portrays herself as during these interviews and events, she was quite down to earth.

This is the new "ultimate" male bonding experience as well. I know people in business who moved on from karate to "fight training" now. That's the new macho status-symbol. Then they all go to the local fights that come to town once a month. I don't quite get it. And most of these guys I know who are doing it are in their early 40's. Really? Is it worth it? I thought karate was supposed to be a really great way to stay in shape and teach life lessons. Then I hear about mothers from the neighborhood sparring every week, one even suffering a terrible knee injury in the process. But she'll be back at it in 6 months.

All I have to say to the fight trainers is good luck walking around when you're in your 70's. Ultimate fighting is not a way to regain your youth.
Training MMA is a wonderful way to stay in shape - far better than karate (as the latter is taught in most schools with a focus on stances and the like). Combine wrestling, boxing, muay thai and submissions and you have so much to learn technically it takes years to truly become proficient. I spent several years training - it was a blast. That said, you really shouldn't step into a ring or do heavy sparring until you've really got things down. I am not a fan of the "macho" let's-get-in-the-ring approach after 2 months of training. People get hurt that way.

IMO MMA is far safer - both acute "in the ring" and long term - than boxing. Not as many repetitive head shots, etc. Wrestling (which I love) also takes a major toll. We should realize that participating in any impact / contact sport over the long term will wear the body down no matter how well you eat / sleep / try to rehab injuries.

I've met Rousey and can say she is nothing like the heel she portrays herself as during these interviews and events, she was quite down to earth.

This may be true. I shouldn't judge a person based on a mma reality show. She just comes across as a spoiled angry person. Without knowing her, a small snapshot of her life isn't good to base anything on. You do have to admit that she looked quite trashy with her behavior on the show.

What setting did you meet her in?

I didn't watch the tuf show she was on but from what I heard you are right she came off as trashy. I met her at a bjj gym in Los Angeles a little more then a year ago when she was still in strikeforce, so it is possible that she has changed but I still think its just an act to get more attention.

I didn't watch the tuf show she was on but from what I heard you are right she came off as trashy. I met her at a bjj gym in Los Angeles a little more then a year ago when she was still in strikeforce, so it is possible that she has changed but I still think its just an act to get more attention.

She did show that she cared for those fighters she was coaching. Miesha seems like a real genuine nice person. She also is a very attractive girl. Rhonda is going to be difficult to beat. She is an Olympic caliber athlete and that will be hard to match.

She did show that she cared for those fighters she was coaching. Miesha seems like a real genuine nice person. She also is a very attractive girl. Rhonda is going to be difficult to beat. She is an Olympic caliber athlete and that will be hard to match.
Yeah I don't think any other women can match her strength except for cyborg but that fight won't happen, and also you are right Miesha is very attractive.

Yeah I don't think any other women can match her strength except for cyborg but that fight won't happen, and also you are right Miesha is very attractive.

A Cyborg fight would be very interesting. Hopefully, one day it will happen. I'm looking forward to seeing the female fighters at 115 that UFC just brought over from Invicta.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom