OT: USA vs Russia hockey | Syracusefan.com

OT: USA vs Russia hockey

Rocco

Watching you.
This game is awesome. Cam Fowler is a friend of mine who scored in the 2nd period. Anybody watching?

Wow big break on that high stick call for USA... bad call for Russia

Would have been nice if they explained the freaking shootout rules. Did I miss that? Announcing 101. Couldn't they have said if the US scores here it is for the win? Was that Sam Rosen?

Wow big break on that high stick call for USA... bad call for Russia
It was called off because the goal had come off the post on the previous save. As I understand it, in the NHL it's a goal, not so in International Hockey.

Really curious that Bylsma didn't use either of Kessel or Kane in the shootout.
I think Kane wanted it bad, but he had missed a breakaway and a point blank shot in the last part of the 3rd period, and Bylsma probably didn't want a guy who was overthinking it.

exciting for sure...but its a stupid way to decide a hockey game.

its like having homerun derby decide a baseball game

Same with soccer. Soccer I can sort of understand as games literally could go on forever.
Thing is they didn't really need this in the preliminary rounds. Give it 5 min and if its tied , its tied.
This actually was the first shootout that I was bouncing off the walls on. It was great theatre win or lose.

Well, in round-robin competitions, they have a schedule to comply with, figure-skating, etc. so they have to do something like that in the preliminary rounds. I don't know but if I had to have to guess, the medal round games are played until there's a legitimate goal.

What an game!!!! USA wins on the 8th shootout attempt
They just said there's a scenario where we could play them again for the gold! Can you imagine!!

In this case, it was the best of three shootout shots, then sudden death. Usually just sudden death, like lacrosse and soccer. Possession is key

Amazing game! Woke me up more than my coffee did

images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom