OT: vaccine | Syracusefan.com

OT: vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuckinbig11

All American
I just took a short walk on a 68-degree sunny day in Asheville, but it will get colder in a few days. More importantly, I just got an appointment for my vaccine shot at 11:10 tomorrow morning. My wife got hers this morning. There is a wait list, and it can be beneficial to be old.

I just took a short walk on a 68-degree sunny day in Asheville, but it will get colder in a few days. More importantly, I just got an appointment for my vaccine shot at 11:10 tomorrow morning. My wife got hers this morning. There is a wait list, and it can be beneficial to be old.
My wife and I are due to get our the first or second week of February due to working in the food industry. We slice meat for Subway, Walmart, Aldis, Safeway, Kroger's just to name a few. We are considered essential workers and in Iowa we are category 1B. We are looking forward to getting them.

No way in hill

I'm in the Moderna phase 3 trial. A few others that I know have gotten appointments to un-blind their participation and determine if they got the actual vaccine or not (they will receive it if no).

I'm 90% sure I got the actual vax due to the side effects of the second shot.

My parents got their first vaccination on Saturday at Hudson Valley CC. My aunt (a retired school nurse) and uncle are volunteers there, along with their daughter (my cousin) and SIL. My folks scored an open slot thanks to them. All went well. Sore shoulders for a couple days, but otherwise no adverse reactions.

Just got my second shot today. A bunch of my colleagues got theirs yesterday and feel like crap today. Some are working with general aches and fatigue. I think at least one wasn't allowed to see patients today because she had a temp over 100.

My doctor said that the second shot is tough, so be ready.

Agreed. Many more after effects post shot 2 than 1, for most.
For my second shot I got it late afternoon. The next morning I woke up feeling really beat. Enough so that I cut my morning walk with my daughter short. By noon I had a 101 temp/chills/fatigue. I took a nap from 1-4...got up for some dinner then went back to sleep (still with a fever).
Woke up feeling fine.

Scheduling the shots for a convenient day is a luxury, but if you can try to align it with a day off.

For the first shot my reaction was similar to what happens to me for a flu shot. Injection site redness for a few days...mild muscle aches.

For my second shot I got it late afternoon. The next morning I woke up feeling really beat. Enough so that I cut my morning walk with my daughter short. By noon I had a 101 temp/chills/fatigue. I took a nap from 1-4...got up for some dinner then went back to sleep (still with a fever).
Woke up feeling fine.

Scheduling the shots for a convenient day is a luxury, but if you can try to align it with a day off.

This is similar to what my wife experienced, albeit on a slightly different timeline due to the time she received her second shot. She made the same comment about scheduling with anticipation towards being wiped out the following day, and feeling not so great the day after either.

Everybody's just gotta deal with it for the greater good of society.
CR my man! Well said.

1611782129856.png

Thanks for you guys sharing all your shot info but none of you shared which vaccine you got.

My wife and I are both over 70 and have underlying conditions. As a result, we should be on the list once all the essential workers have been vaccinated. However, here in Canada, and in my part of Ontario, our vaccine orders from the manufacturers outside our Country have been dramatically curtailed for some reason which has put us way behind. Based on this logistics concern, I really don't see us getting ours before April or May.

Canada should have its own vaccine finalized in the near future so we won't have to rely on outsiders. Thanks for the "heads up" on the second dose situations.

This is similar to what my wife experienced, albeit on a slightly different timeline due to the time she received her second shot. She made the same comment about scheduling with anticipation towards being wiped out the following day, and feeling not so great the day after either.
I was hoping to do that, but our dates were assigned. Doing it on Friday would've been ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom