OT Walls in downtown Binghamton | Syracusefan.com

OT Walls in downtown Binghamton

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
In danger of being breeched for the first time since being built in the 30s

This rain is ridiculous! Since when did the U.S. NE become Calcutta?

Two jobs down there are shut down, Was at Lourdes Hospital yesterday, had a hell of a time making it home

If those wall are breeched it won't be pretty. They are saying it most likely will happen at some point this evening

In danger of being breeched for the first time since being built in the 30s

Saying it will be worse than 2006 for the JC residents. Really crazy. Hope everyone stays safe.

As I said during Irene. The school I work at was flooded, the entire town was flooded and numerous towns in the area were destroyed. Then yesterday we ended up getting more rain then expected for our area and the village that I work in was evacuated again and some of the houses flooded last week were flooded again.

This is the outskirts of the village b/c roads were closed more than a mile away from town and there was a mandatory evacuation, so there are no pictures of what the village looked like at the height of the storm. This isn't even the village this area is some of the farmland on the outskirts.

AYCCyIECAAETL-R-250x300.jpg

where are you? We just finished a school project yesterday in Union Endicott, today they are pumping out 2 feet water from brand new classrroms that were literally just turned over to teachers Tuesday, damn shame

I think sto is at the high school downtown?

I think sto is at the high school downtown?
I am home. BHS closed yesterday at 12 30 Doubt we will be back before Monday

where are you? We just finished a school project yesterday in Union Endicott, today they are pumping out 2 feet water from brand new classrroms that were literally just turned over to teachers Tuesday, damn shame

Me? LOL. Assuming your asking me b/c of the school thing. I'm in Schoharie County; South and Southwest of Albany/Schenectady. The school I work is in a little town called Middleburgh, had flooding in a brand new (last year) cafeteria, brand new never used distance learning room, gym floor ruined - buckled, all of the technology rooms were almost completely under water, and the boiler/electrical room were completely under water. Tentatively were scheduled to open the week of the 19th but since the town was evacuated again yesterday I don't know if the school was flooded again.

The school is about 2-3 blocks from the river so every house in a 2 - 3 block radius for miles was under water at least into their 1st floor. So the entire downtown was flooded and many peoples houses that I know were flooded. The next town north (Schoharie) had more water in town then Middleburgh with up to 10 feet of water in town. However, there were many towns and schools south of us into the Adirondacks faired far worse than us. There are at least 2 - 3 schools that I have no idea how they could open up again.

STO, I figured the school had closed-- if I remember correctly, the bridge is right next to the hs? Mainly was trying to reply to barrel's post re. school bldgs-- but glad you're home!
My parents are in Elmira, but well out of harm's way. This reminds me of Agnes when I was a kid.

IB, don't let them use that as an excuse to hold your retention lol.

It's in downtown Binghamton. Not quite sure of the exact spot. I pulled it off Twitter.

It's in downtown Binghamton. Not quite sure of the exact spot. I pulled it off Twitter.
Looks like the area right at the Main Street bridge in Binghamton, behind Boscov's. Pretty sure it's that area, which is about a block from Binghamton HS.

IB, don't let them use that as an excuse to hold your retention lol.
LOL, nah it's not a DASNY or SUCF job, I should be ok.

Thank god they built that flood wall over at Lourdes Hospital last year, water is about a foot down from there right now, which should be crested sometime this evening

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom