Class of 2021 - OT Wes Hoeh (IL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 OT Wes Hoeh (IL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

We know many of the OL they offered so by basic reasoning we know he is probably not a A list prospect.
Many of their SU A List wants verbally committed to other programs.
Ok, I’m far from a recruiting expert, still believe it’s relatively early.

I don’t worry about OLineman. Too much history showing that lightly recruited guys are as impactful as heavily recruited guys. Nobody can project an OL success from high junior year to college 4th year junior.
Agreed

We have a system where most of our lightly recruited players spend 1-3 years becoming P-5 OL.

Sometimes it works (Bergeron) and sometimes we have a 3rd string OL for 4-5 years.

We'll see...but generally speaking our Midwest linemen usually pan out

We're rooting for SAT scores now?
I do. They are students first. I’d rather go 6-6 and have everyone graduate then 8-4 and have people fail and transfer out

"So positionally where does Syracuse see him playing?

"I really think it's pretty open to be honest. I feel like I can play every position on the offensive line and I'm just excited to get a chance to play. I'll play anywhere the coaches at Syracuse feel I can help the team out and make the most impact."

Last edited:
If any if any of the military academies ( in this case all of them) offer an o-linemen we are in on I'm all for it.
plus appliachan st, I like that too

Syracuse requires standardized test scores, either the SAT or ACT.
Facepalm.gif

Not sure of his height but looks like a tackle and moves well. Too light For now to be a guard. Maybe he’s a future center. Really like how he drive be blocks and never stops his feet from driving forward. My favorite was putting that bigger kid on his azz 20 feet out of bounds.

Agreed

We have a system where most of our lightly recruited players spend 1-3 years becoming P-5 OL.

Sometimes it works (Bergeron) and sometimes we have a 3rd string OL for 4-5 years.

We'll see...but generally speaking our Midwest linemen usually pan out
Didnt Bergeron start as a true freshman last year?

We know many of the OL they offered so by basic reasoning we know he is probably not a A list prospect.

not sure that’s even remotely true with the OLineman this cycle

Offering b listers on May7, 8 months before early signing day? What’s the point.

Last edited:
Excellent pickup for Syracuse University Football. Elephants and Hippos are the key to a successful program. Congratulations young Mr. Hoeh on your very wise choice of Syracuse University Football. Great job Syracuse Coaches and Recruiting Staff. Syracuse University has had very good luck with Illinois players and I think young Mr. Hoeh will be a good one. As always, Go Orange!!!!!!!!

I wouldn’t say that. I’ve heard his name for awhile. Don’t think P5 offers from other schools is a priority. They are looking for a certain type. If you noticed Cav is seeking lineman that have good feet, lean frames that he can add functional weight too. Smart hard working kids with a chip on their shoulder. Red Barclay Petry Mang Kauhi Hoeh all fit the mode.

I wouldn’t say that. I’ve heard his name for awhile. Don’t think P5 offers from other schools is a priority. They are looking for a certain type. If you noticed Cav is seeking lineman that have good feet, lean frames that he can add functional weight too. Smart hard working kids with a chip on their shoulder. Red Barclay Petry Mang Kauhi all fit the mode.
I really hope he's good, but he doesn't control who offers him talent wise. If he had Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota offers and picked us I'd feel alot better. Been following SU football recruiting closely for 30+ years and as much as people want to ignore it, there is significant statistical correlation between college offers and the likelihood of being a solid contributor to a winning program. There just is.

I really hope he's good, but he doesn't control who offers him talent wise. If he had Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota offers and picked us I'd feel alot better. Been following SU football recruiting closely for 30+ years and as much as people want to ignore it, there is significant statistical correlation between college offers and the likelihood of being a solid contributor to a winning program. There just is.
This is what we are. It’s not 1987 or the 90’s. I’m not saying his approach automatically works. Im just pointing out his model. All we can do is hope work ethic and coaching wins out. The higher profile lineman we get don’t really produce for us and we aren’t in the position to get the elite 4 stars.

Last edited: