OT: Where You Going This Summer For Vacation? | Syracusefan.com

OT: Where You Going This Summer For Vacation?

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Chip inspired thread.

So tells us if you are going anywhere this summer?

Jersey Shore, Duck, Destin, Hamptons, Maine, Alaska, Finger Lakes, Adirondacks, ????

Myself will be up in Lake Ontario/1000 Islands this summer.

Watkins Glen a few times. Adirondacks and Ocean City, MD in August. Probably going to try and hit up a Yankees game in the Bronx at some point and possibly an O's game in Baltimore. All of this in advance of the big Fall trip to Atlanta for the Cuse - Georgia Tech game!

Watkins Glen a few times. Adirondacks and Ocean City, MD in August. Probably going to try and hit up a Yankees game in the Bronx at some point and possibly an O's game in Baltimore. All of this in advance of the big Fall trip to Atlanta for the Cuse - Georgia Tech game!

Check out Seneca Harbor in Watkins. Used to work there years ago. Pretty good food.

We are just hanging out in Alaska for the summer. We have some family coming up from outside throughout the summer. Many weekend trips around the state have been being planned for the last couple weeks. I'd love to get down to Juneau and hang out with AlaskaSU tho!

First trip- Heading to Denali National Park to see the Matt Lewis Band in a few weeks.

Saving my pennies and good boy credits for an 8/31 trip to lovely NYC.

Aside from that expendable income is rather tight at this point so might see Rehoboth Beach for a couple days again with my oldest son courtesy of my cousin (converted Cuse fan that I can't talk into joining this board), and backyard fire pits w/ friends and beverages that feature hops, and/or barley.

Check out Seneca Harbor in Watkins. Used to work there years ago. Pretty good food.

Oh yeah, I've been there a bunch of times. Always a good meal. I'd like to try out The Crooked Rooster Brewpub. Never been before.

Im going to Orlando for a long weekend at the end of may. Then I'm heading to Colorado for a week in June for the telluride bluegrass festival. Finally I will retire to the couch for 5 weeks after having jaw surgery.

We have a seven-week-old baby, so not sure if flying anywhere is feasible. Hopefully we will either go to my parents new home in Boynton Beach, FL or (even better) to my in-laws timeshare in Destin, FL. If we can't fly, maybe the Berkshires.

Im going to Orlando for a long weekend at the end of may. Then I'm heading to Colorado for a week in June for the telluride bluegrass festival. Finally I will retire to the couch for 5 weeks after having jaw surgery.

Ahh thats one thing I forgot to add.. Many music festivals this summer. Bluegrass festivals in Alaska are absolutly insane lol

I got San Fran on the plate, Port Aransas here in TX, and hopefully NYC to cap the summer and catch the PSU-Syracuse game. If I do that trip, I'll be going to Portland, ME to see some family too.

I'm sure I'll catch a few mini music festivals here and there too.

Love retirement!!!!!
Bowdoinham, Maine to visit son and kayak
Wellesley island in the Thousand islands to camp and kayak
Louisville, Kentucky to visit son and grandchildren (all SU fans by the way)
Arcadia Maine to rest up from grandchildren and kayak

Orlando with kids for five days in a couple weeks, Jersey Shore at Sisters house in July, Chatham in August. Bring it on.

Lake George from June 29th-July 6th with the entire mom's side of the fam. Been going up there for years and years (my entire life and most of my mother's).

San Diego from August 1-August 10. I have family on my dad's side out there. Beach, alcohol, fun. Might not make it back.

heading quite often to the Bradwick palace in lovely Dexter ny/Ontario lake! lol, then later on to Italy as u know to track down the family roots. Rome sites then south to Pompeii/Hurculanem, the Amalfi coast (Capri, Positano, Atrani); continue south to Sicily by way of Calabria/Cantazano, the Taormina including The Godfather tour of where it was filmed, finally to the town Lentini (my last name as you know) in the province of Syracuse (believe it or not, kid you not).

There I'm expecting something quite profound to happen like learning the meaning of life or something, or at least see a statue of my likeness there :). Finally on to Palermo and home.

And in between those two events a swing down to NJ with a whole slew of my Cuse brothren to watch the resurgent Orange(men) gridders take it to PSU to start the best season up here in quite some time!

a week and plenty of weekends at the Jersey Shore's Irish Riviera: Spring Lake. plus Point Pleasant for its Boardwalk and bars. gotta spend the $$ to help rebuild!!

Lake George for a week with a trip or 2 to the Old Spa, hopefully to see the Triple Crown winner run in the Travers.