OT: Who is your favorite actor/actress and why+ | Syracusefan.com

OT: Who is your favorite actor/actress and why+

edowd26

Hall of Fame
Was watching Blades of Glory last night. Laughing my ace off. Got me thinking how much I love will Farrell. Hes my favorite cuz he kills me.

Go.

Gary Cole, Chi McBride, Patrick Warburton, Don Cheadle, Christopher Walken to name a few

I'm not sure I can come up with a favorite actor. Actress is easy - Frances McDormand. J-Law comes in second for me.

As far as actor goes...let's see...

Simon Pegg, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jeremy Renner, Idris Elba, Joe Gordon Levitt, Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Tom Hardy, Michael Fassbender, Bill Murray, and I'm sure I'll think of about a dozen other dudes shortly. Oh, Bruce Campbell, of course.

I'm not sure I can come up with a favorite actor. Actress is easy - Frances McDormand. J-Law comes in second for me.

Simon Pegg, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jeremy Renner, Idris Elba, Joe Gordon Levitt, Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Tom Hardy, Michael Fassbender, Bill Murray, and I'm sure I'll think of about a dozen other dudes shortly. Oh, Bruce Campbell, of course.
Hail to the King! I even have the Adventures of Brisco County Junior on DVD

That's pretty much mine - I'd add Liam Neeson and Jason Statham as well

Is that strictly based on fargo?

Bill murray is also great.

images

images

Is that strictly based on fargo?

Bill murray is also great.
No, but Fargo is great too. I just enjoy the hell out of McDormand in everything she does. She's never not good. She was fantastic in Almost Famous. She's just good in everything she does, even if she doesn't do a lot of high profile stuff.

Reactions: cto
No, but Fargo is great too. I just enjoy the hell out of McDormand in everything she does. She's never not good. She was fantastic in Almost Famous. She's just good in everything she does, even if she doesn't do a lot of high profile stuff.
Word.

Oh Tom Hanks is one of my favorites.

Reactions: cto

upload_2013-9-27_11-28-54.png

Gene Hackman. End of story. Ron Jeremy as a close second.

Last edited:
Old timer so I like Paul Newman, S. Connery, Robert Shaw, Kirk and M. Douglas and that bad arse Robert Mitchum. For actresses I use the boob scale so I consider acting capability directly proportional to boob size. Therefore board favorite JLH along with Scarlett J. lead the list

One more thing I almost failed to include that famous Shakespearan actor (can't spell the damn word) and fellow Cuban Desi Arnaz (Lucy where are you?)

Muni, Brando, Garfield, Dean, Mitchum, Clift, Newman, and contemporary...Depp.

Actress...looks Natalie Wood...acting Meryl Streep.

Was watching Blades of Glory last night. Laughing my ace off. Got me thinking how much I love will Farrell. Hes my favorite cuz he kills me.

Go.

That's surprising, edowd. I would have pegged you for Jason Priestley.

293.priestley.jason.lc.101508.jpg

Go.
Hey look it's your boy!
image.jpg

I really like Kevin Spacey. American Beauty is one of my all time favorite movies. Anthony Hopkins is also pretty incredible. And when thinking of Hopkins is hard not to think about Jodi Foster who is one of my favorite actresses.

It's hard for me to pick out actors specifically, so I tend to base them off my favorite shows/roles. Tom Hanks will always be a favorite for Forrest Gump. Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs is another. In terms of recent television, it's tough to top Benedict Cumberbatch in Sherlock. If you haven't seen Sherlock, I highly recommend it on Netflix. In terms of actresses, I'm a big fan of Amy Poehler and Parks and Rec.

In terms of recent television, it's tough to top Benedict Cumberbatch in Sherlock. If you haven't seen Sherlock, I highly recommend it on Netflix.
On this note... Elementary is the much better show, and I don't even think it's close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom