OT: Will this Rangers hockey game ever end? | Syracusefan.com

OT: Will this Rangers hockey game ever end?

cto

Administrator
I am not particularly a hockey fan (just a New York team fan) ... but this 3 OT game is riveting. It is almost five hours long!

I don't think I left my couch for about 3 hours. Great back and forth hockey. So glad the Blueshirts pulled it out.

I am not particularly a hockey fan (just a New York fan) ... but this 3 OT game is riveting. It is almost five hours long!
I went to sleep after the 2nd OT. Playoff hockey is awesome. Love the hard nosed style this Ranger game has. Old school!

Watched the whole damn game but nodded off literally about 30 seconds before the winning goal.

Made it through the whole thing - great ending, especially after that Ovechkin shot off the post that they sounded the horn for.

I am not particularly a hockey fan (just a New York fan) ... but this 3 OT game is riveting. It is almost five hours long!

Next to soccer, there's probably nothing else I know less about or watch. But, it makes me recall being in HS and flipping through and finding an Islanders game that was tied and only a few mins left, so being a sports fan, I watched. I think this was on Easter night. After going to OT, I figured I invested enough that I should see who wins and then after staying up for 4 OT's, that is how the "Islanders" are the one team I root for in hockey, which means I'll watch if they make the finals!

Great game. Rangers got a bit lucky with Ovechkin hitting the pipe. Lundquist played great.

We stayed till the end, 12:15 a.m. Got home after 1 -- Grrrr.

i was really expecting that game to go to 6 ot's

So many crazy chances both ways. Gabby hit a post. Rupp scores if it doesn't somehow hit his own guy (Boyle) who was screening in front. Wideman and Ovie hit the posts. So much drama both ways.

How often is there a goal with 8 minutes left in OT1? It's uncanny how seemingly every OT hockey game either ends in the first 5 min's or goes 2+ ot's.

lets go rangers!! that was the longest ranger game since the 30s lol. hopefully this gets gaborik going.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

I was so freaking mad I know I am the lone Capitals fan on this board but it was a great game

I was so freaking mad I know I am the lone Capitals fan on this board but it was a great game
Hey 12-year season ticket holder in sec 114 here. Brouwer oh my right in front of us, how did he miss a WIDE open net?

Hey 12-year season ticket holder in sec 114 here. Brouwer oh my right in front of us, how did he miss a WIDE open net?
Not sure how we missed that I had to walk outside after that happened didn't want to cuss in front of the kids

the hockey gods. think the caps won 5 or 6 straight playoff ot games against rangers going back to 1990. the name john druce still gives me nightmares. and rangers had lost 7 straight playoff ot games overall. we were due!

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

thUrM4.gif

Rangers GM Glen Sather enjoyed the goal in his suite.

I can't get into hockey at all, but I watched the entire thing at Faegans last night. Probably the first hockey game I watched in its entirety since USA-Canada. Great game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a huge hockey fan in general mainly because of logistical reasons---as a diehard 'Cuse and Knicks fan (watching every single one of their games) it doesn't leave a lot of free nights for hockey during the winter (gotta hang with the wife now and then...). That said, I am one that admittedly jumps on the bandwagon for the Rangers during the playoffs. I love watching playoff hockey--tonight after the Knicks lost, even watched Devils/Flyers, although had no idea who I should root for from a Rangers perspective. But getting back to last night, good story---went to see Bruce play at the Prudential Center in Newark, and as we walked out the 2nd OT had just ended. So instead of jumping on a train back to NYC, my wife and I went across the street to a bar for the sensational 3rd overtime and of course the game-winner by Gaborik. And it was probably a strange dynamic for the bar staff, who were used to a huge Devils crowd pre and post-game---after the Springsteen show, everyone in the bar was rooting for the Rangers, so it was total chaos when they won! Very tired today, but well worth it. (although I wish I didn't have to go back out to a bar tonight to watch the Knicks). Tomorrow night, planning on a nice, quiet, early night at home!

Not a huge hockey fan in general mainly because of logistical reasons---as a diehard 'Cuse and Knicks fan (watching every single one of their games) it doesn't leave a lot of free nights for hockey during the winter (gotta hang with the wife now and then...). That said, I am one that admittedly jumps on the bandwagon for the Rangers during the playoffs. I love watching playoff hockey--tonight after the Knicks lost, even watched Devils/Flyers, although had no idea who I should root for from a Rangers perspective. But getting back to last night, good story---went to see Bruce play at the Prudential Center in Newark, and as we walked out the 2nd OT had just ended. So instead of jumping on a train back to NYC, my wife and I went across the street to a bar for the sensational 3rd overtime and of course the game-winner by Gaborik. And it was probably a strange dynamic for the bar staff, who were used to a huge Devils crowd pre and post-game---after the Springsteen show, everyone in the bar was rooting for the Rangers, so it was total chaos when they won! Very tired today, but well worth it. (although I wish I didn't have to go back out to a bar tonight to watch the Knicks). Tomorrow night, planning on a nice, quiet, early night at home!
Funny, I watched the Devils game tonight, too. Hey, they are sort of a NY team. Like you, I don't get into hockey until the playoffs, but I am really hooked on them. Also, listening to WCBS radio all day, at least I know which players are Rangers and Devils!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom