Class of 2020 - OT Wyatt Garrity (MN) Legacy Recruit/Committed to WVU/ To Jireh Prep | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 OT Wyatt Garrity (MN) Legacy Recruit/Committed to WVU/ To Jireh Prep

"Though one would expect Syracuse would have the inside track with the legacy recruit, that isn't exactly the case.

"Going into my Syracuse visit, my dad told me you're not going there because he wants me to have my own legacy. But I got there and I took the tour and I started to really love the place," Garity said. "So I had to ask him why he didn't want me to go there, and he just said he didn't want me to have added pressure.

"I met with the o-line coach. He told me to do research on him and make sure he was right for me. He said he saw a couple things on film I needed to work on, so he took me in the o-line room and showed me how to improve my stance. And I definitely appreciated that."

So Syracuse certainly isn't a shoe-in but will be a player in Garrity's recruitment.

"I loved it. I think it's a sleeping giant," he said. "They're gonna be a great program in the future and any kid would be lucky to be a part of it."

Minnesota and Harvard are two additional programs which have really piqued Garrity's interest at this stage.

"It's definitely early on, but I really love Rutgers, Syracuse, Minnesota and Harvard. Those are kind of my standouts so far," he said. "I went to two camps last year at Minnesota and the offensive line coach left and went to Michigan. So I haven't really had much communication with them, but I would love to get back on the radar with them and visit there again soon."

"Though one would expect Syracuse would have the inside track with the legacy recruit, that isn't exactly the case.

"Going into my Syracuse visit, my dad told me you're not going there because he wants me to have my own legacy. But I got there and I took the tour and I started to really love the place," Garity said. "So I had to ask him why he didn't want me to go there, and he just said he didn't want me to have added pressure.

"I met with the o-line coach. He told me to do research on him and make sure he was right for me. He said he saw a couple things on film I needed to work on, so he took me in the o-line room and showed me how to improve my stance. And I definitely appreciated that."

So Syracuse certainly isn't a shoe-in but will be a player in Garrity's recruitment.

"I loved it. I think it's a sleeping giant," he said. "They're gonna be a great program in the future and any kid would be lucky to be a part of it."

Minnesota and Harvard are two additional programs which have really piqued Garrity's interest at this stage.

"It's definitely early on, but I really love Rutgers, Syracuse, Minnesota and Harvard. Those are kind of my standouts so far," he said. "I went to two camps last year at Minnesota and the offensive line coach left and went to Michigan. So I haven't really had much communication with them, but I would love to get back on the radar with them and visit there again soon."

Quite the love there from the kid. This staff just kills it in person. Sounds like the new OL coach is going to make his mark here as well.

This kid plays at one of the top football programs in the state of Minnesota -- would love to land him.

Wyatt the hell is going on? I think geography may have played a role...somehow.

Guess Wyatt didn't see the CUSE beat-down of WVU in December, along with the previous three times we played them. No big deal and let's move on from this legacy.

Guess Wyatt didn't see the CUSE beat-down of WVU in December, along with the previous three times we played them. No big deal and let's move on from this legacy.
Yah, hard to figure out the how this recruitment went so far off the rails. The kid visited SU, Harvard, etc.. and is an SU legacy ... but somehow ends up at WVU? hmmmmm

Would we be interested in him if he gets his academics in order?