Other Postions of Need Currently Available in Portal | Syracusefan.com

Other Postions of Need Currently Available in Portal

Crusty

Living Legend
Dual Threat QBs Currently Available in Portal
Pro Style QBs Currently Available in Portal
Here is a summary of the other (non QBs) currently available in the portaL I am sure the competition is great for the better ones and I would guess that there are a lot of guys that have just not developed or were just not graded properly coming out of HS.

Judging from our own players in the portal I am not sure how much help is available for us.

Other Players in portal.JPG

SU Players in portal:
SU Players in portal.JPG

Source: 247 Sports

Dual Threat QBs Currently Available in Portal
Pro Style QBs Currently Available in Portal
Here is a summary of the other (non QBs) currently available in the portaL I am sure the competition is great for the better ones and I would guess that there are a lot of guys that have just not developed or were just not graded properly coming out of HS.

Judging from our own players in the portal I am not sure how much help is available for us.

View attachment 193183

SU Players in portal:
View attachment 193184

Source: 247 Sports
If we didn't offer them initially, I doubt that we'd be considering them, and that they would be considering us. If we DID offer them, then, by all means...

Also, in the case of the OL from Maine, he's looking to play in a bigger yard, and I'd go hard after him.

If we didn't offer them initially, I doubt that we'd be considering them, and that they would be considering us. If we DID offer them, then, by all means...

Also, in the case of the OL from Maine, he's looking to play in a bigger yard, and I'd go hard after him.
Not necessarily the staff has taken transfers that they didn't initially offer in the past. A transfer is still a transfer with or without a portal.

Not necessarily the staff has taken transfers that they didn't initially offer in the past. A transfer is still a transfer with or without a portal.

My only point is that we would be more likely to look at those we've previously evaluated, and prospective transfers would be more likely to look at schools they previously considered. Although, quite a few who end up in the portal are stepping down to a lower level of competition.

We currently have 7 in the portal. 3 trying their hand at the next level. 10 guys leaving with remaining eligibility, with 2 RBs rumored to not be returning.

In a normal year, would that be considered a high number?

We currently have 7 in the portal. 3 trying their hand at the next level. 10 guys leaving with remaining eligibility, with 2 RBs rumored to not be returning.

In a normal year, would that be considered a high number?

Other than Hackett none of the portal guys are going to be missed.

All three DB's entering the draft really hurts

Other than Hackett none of the portal guys are going to be missed.

All three DB's entering the draft really hurts
Not sure if I agree with your 1st statement. Some say Gunther was our 2cnd best QB. Jonas a big play maker that needed to improve consistency. Garrison Johnson, a bruiser that could have contributed with more attention to team rules. Hackett will absolutely be missed.

100% agree with losing the DBs.

Not sure if I agree with your 1st statement. Some say Gunther was our 2cnd best QB. Jonas a big play maker that needed to improve consistency. Garrison Johnson, a bruiser that could have contributed with more attention to team rules. Hackett will absolutely be missed.

If Gunther was 2nd best why did 3 other guys play ahead of him?

If Gunther was 2nd best why did 3 other guys play ahead of him?
He left in August. I think he may have been a walk on that some felt deserved a scholly? He was given a scholly at BG

this whole post is reaching. Other than the 3 DB’s going to the NFL none of these guys will be missed. Hacket as a blocker I guess but he dropped more than he caught this year. garrison who? come on

this whole post is reaching. Other than the 3 DB’s going to the NFL none of these guys will be missed. Hacket as a blocker I guess but he dropped more than he caught this year. garrison who? come on
All good players. You are entitled to your opinion.

So now that pounding the portal has yielded us a QB, what other positions do we get?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom