Our D returns... | Syracusefan.com

Our D returns...

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
The whole d line, including Slayton (not going nowhere). Alton Robinson, who will have no excuse not to accumulate 10+ sacks next year. As well as depth.

We return multiple linebackers with experience, and a few ‘17 recruits studs who’m i’m sure will try and seize opportunity in the offseason.

Our backfield returns scoop and fredericks, two budding stars, as well as cordy and foster.

I know ive left a few names out, but we will have depth and experience as well as talent.

Who will lead though? We need some fire. Also very excited about McKinley next year.

The whole d line, including Slayton (not going nowhere). Alton Robinson, who will have no excuse not to accumulate 10+ sacks next year. As well as depth.

We return multiple linebackers with experience, and a few ‘17 recruits studs who’m i’m sure will try and seize opportunity in the offseason.

Our backfield returns scoop and fredericks, two budding stars, as well as cordy and foster.

I know ive left a few names out, but we will have depth and experience as well as talent.

Who will lead though? We need some fire. Also very excited about McKinley next year.
Black is going to be solid inside. Our DT who took a shirt this year is going to bolster the 2 deep. Barry and Kingsley especially Kingsley have a chance to be much improved. Cordy returns. Ellison may move back to LB. Whitner is going to but on 15 to 20 and contribute at LB

Add this to what you posted and we are not going to miss a beat

Add this to what you posted and we are not going to miss a beat

you mean like giving up 60 + points ?
and i'd say we're losing the core of our d.

We lose the vocal/veteran core. We keep Cordy and Slayton who have to step up, especially now that depth is not an issue

Foster and Williams did not play good last night.

The defense has VASTLY improved this year from last. They had a terrible game yesterday. Doesn’t take away what they’ve done

I mean yes they have improved but they've improved from historically terrible to bad.

I know I’m going to be in the minority here - but Zaire has been out of position more often than not over the past 4 games. Great kid. Great player. Wrong scheme for his talent.

If the D doesn't improve next year then it's time to find a new DC

Nope. He’s done a nice job this year. This is the first game that got away from us defensively. Last year we had like 7.

Given a choice between LB or DL for the system we run - I’m glad we have young guys producing along our DL. We have some capable LB who see time and produce already.

Wouldn’t be surprised to be getting the same kind of love for our DL that NC State is this year in a couple of seasons.

If the D doesn't improve next year then it's time to find a new DC
Why? The defense has been praised all year for the turn around. They've played one bad game...really really bad game, and he should be replaced in year 3? Like how bad would they have to be for you to want him replaced? Keep in mind, that the defense is still a work in progress. The majority of the defense are guys that were not picked to run the Tampa 2 scheme.

I mean yes they have improved but they've improved from historically terrible to bad.

Before yesterday they allowed 30 pts once and 33 points once, every other game under that. In this age of ridiculous 60-55 games nationally every week that is pretty damn good. Yesterday was hell on earth at the worst possible time which is brutal but doesn’t change the fact that the D has been good all year

Why? The defense has been praised all year for the turn around. They've played one bad game...really really bad game, and he should be replaced in year 3? Like how bad would they have to be for you to want him replaced? Keep in mind, that the defense is still a work in progress. The majority of the defense are guys that were not picked to run the Tampa 2 scheme.

Yep undersized, slow cigar boy recruits.

Seriously...I just don't understand the impatience of people. This rebuild, is far from a finished product. It's just begun.

I understand that people are worn out after years of mostly bad football but the hole that Shafer put us in cannot be overemphasized.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom