Our Sacred Pee Troughs | Syracusefan.com

Our Sacred Pee Troughs

Article on ESPN about Super Bowl bathrooms has a blurb about our troughs -

Inside the taboo, bizarre, revealing world of stadium bathrooms
I know the plan is to replace the pee troughs at the Dome but I bet that this decision, unlike the situation with the Cubs, was NOT made by the fans but by a well meaning person in a vacuum.

The troughs are a part of the SU football experience and will always be far more efficient than urinals.

I bet the powers that be would be as surprised as Cubs management if they bothered to ask fans what they want instead of leaving the decision to incompetent staff members.

This is something for the fans. They should make the decision.

Wait...

Are orange fans actually proud of the troughsv

Wait...

Are orange fans actually proud of the troughsv

I don’t know if proud is the word. I’m happy that I can walk in the bathroom and pee within 10 seconds rather than standing in line.

On the other hand the bathrooms at Bills games are hands down some of the worst experiences that exist...standing in line in a crowded bathroom for 5 minutes while some moron who drunk himself to a 45 IQ tries to make conversation with you.

I know the plan is to replace the pee troughs at the Dome but I bet that this decision, unlike the situation with the Cubs, was NOT made by the fans but by a well meaning person in a vacuum.

The troughs are a part of the SU football experience and will always be far more efficient than urinals.

I bet the powers that be would be as surprised as Cubs management if they bothered to ask fans what they want instead of leaving the decision to incompetent staff members.

This is something for the fans. They should make the decision.
A River Runs Through It

Anyone against the troughs have to get their priorities straight. I want in and out and back to the game.

That said, if they come out, and you could buy, wouldn’t they make a lovely window box?

Some people don’t remember when the dome was packed for football in the late 80s/early 90s...you always were waiting in lines...with troughs. if HCDFB gets the dome full again you can damn well bet those lines come back. Doesn’t matter what you got in there...when the dome is full you will be in line. Expand the concourse space...expand the restroom space.

No idea why this popped into my recollection... one of my crew, in a back alley hole in Cancun, Mexico, bobbed, stumbled and passed out into the most disgusting trough I’ve ever seen in my life. There was much more than urine in there.

Some days I wonder how we all made it through college breathing.

But yeah, I’m all for the Dome troughs, efficiency.

I don't understand what this article is referring to, how have we celebrated the "Removal of out last trough?" I haven't been to the Dome in a few years, but surely nothing has changed on that front.

My stance on this is clear, you don't know how amazing troughs are until you don't have them anymore. As a guy who attends more away games than home, you appreciate the in and out nature of the trough. Tomcat, I think we need a letter writing campaign or something haha.

if anyone would buy a "save the troughs" t-shirt. let me know and I'll whip up a deign
1024px-Manneken_Pis_Brussel.jpg

I don't understand what this article is referring to, how have we celebrated the "Removal of out last trough?" I haven't been to the Dome in a few years, but surely nothing has changed on that front.

My stance on this is clear, you don't know how amazing troughs are until you don't have them anymore. As a guy who attends more away games than home, you appreciate the in and out nature of the trough. Tomcat, I think we need a letter writing campaign or something haha.

We could all write letters in the snow!

Seriously, I think the most important thing to most fans is speed in and out. A trough is going to destroy a bunch of urinals every time and I am very confident the maintenance and upkeep is much lower too.

SAVE THE TROUGHS!

Who is our board expert on these things? I think it is Crusty!

https://deadspin.com/cubs-consider-getting-rid-of-wrigleys-most-iconic-featu-5829919

Hockey Blog In Canada: I'll Vote No

Anyone against the troughs have to get their priorities straight. I want in and out and back to the game.

That said, if they come out, and you could buy, wouldn’t they make a lovely window box?

Get a good welder to convert them to tailgate grills.

I love the pee troughs. I hope that when they replace them, they raffle them off. That would be one epic final piece to my man cave. It would go right underneath my "SU #1" sign.

I have to admit that I hated the pee troughs as a kid. I didn't realize that there was a name for it until I read this article, I suffered from paruresis (shy bladder syndrome). I just couldn't go if there was someone standing behind me waiting. I dont have that problem anymore but I remember my Dad getting annoyed because I would wait for someone to finish pinching a loaf in one of the stalls so I could pee in private. Sorry, I know I am in the vast minority here but I have no love lost for the pee troughs and the psychological damage they did to me as a kid. There is a special place in hell for you pee troughs! If you excuse me now, I have to go to my pee trough therapy group.

I love the pee troughs. I hope that when they replace them, they raffle them off. That would be one epic final piece to my man cave. It would go right underneath my "SU #1" sign.
I hate to admit it, but I’d grab one too. Just for the collection. And a piece of the roof, which I suggest they sell off in small squares as a fundraiser. I’d also like one of the round pedal sinks to convert to a kegerator.

IMO people are so afraid of touching that they stand farther apart than they would if you has narrow urinals with dividers. Just my take though.

Hate the troughs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom