Our Schedule | Syracusefan.com

Our Schedule

Bayside44

And this is the difference between us and RU (and I just heaved in my mouth typing that sentence) but here goes...

While those guys were lining up tomato cans and knocking them down before conference play, we played 2 Big 10 games and USC. We basically showed our hand before conference play. Which really sucked this year with the change in the approach for offense.

Had we hung onto the Minny game, but then swap in a UB / Toledo type for those other two games and grind em out we really could've opened conference play with more of a bang instead of blowing our best efforts in games that we didn't need to play.

They could go undefeated. Just 2 tough games and the toughest, l'ville, is at home.

Well, I think we need to reconsider our scheduling because the BCS computers obviously only care about winning. Rutgers model works as the computers have them ranked 11th and Louisville ranked 19th. ACC doesn't have a single team ranked in the computers neither Florida State or Clemson were ranked by the computers. This is a reason I am thankful we are going to a selection committee for picking the 4 playoff teams.

Given how easy the BE is, our OOC schedule is reasonable. This yr was more challenging, to be sure, but our schedule for the past three years has been ridiculously easy - results have been pretty consistent regardless.

once we join the ACC we should do away with 1AA games and replace it with a weak D1 program because we'll need the extra win to make bowls.

Given how easy the BE is, our OOC schedule is reasonable. This yr was more challenging, to be sure, but our schedule for the past three years has been ridiculously easy - results have been pretty consistent regardless.

once we join the ACC we should do away with 1AA games and replace it with a weak D1 program because we'll need the extra win to make bowls.

You can schedule 1 game against a 1-AA and it counts, but not a second. But easy enough to find a truly bad 1, just go to the end of the thruway.

I can't imagine what you think of the economy, as well as the turmoil in the Middle East.

You can schedule 1 game against a 1-AA and it counts, but not a second. But easy enough to find a truly bad 1, just go to the end of the thruway.

my bad. i thought NCAA was doing away with the one 1AA team allowance. in any event, i am not a big fan of playing them anyways.

we play ACC schedule. 2 d1 games that you expect to win (Tulane, Buffalo, etc). one game that you expect to be 50/50. one game against a top program for publicity.

Rutgers toughest game so far is a 2-4 team and at home out of their first 6 games. But let me also add a nice kick in the balls...they are #15 in the BCS poll even with that crap schedule...higher than the polls that receive votes. I hope SU adds Clemson to their schedule next year for that 12th game...it really seems to help us.

Agreed...we should play them but only if we get at least a 2 for 1. I have no problem playing a Colgate/Albany/Stony Brook/Buffalo in that 1AA/horrific 1A slot every year. The three 1AA's should be guaranteed games and UB should be a 2 for 1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom