Our Uniforms | Syracusefan.com

Our Uniforms

I really don't like the white towels some of them were wearing Saturday.

I am kind of hoping that UVA changes theirs. We're going to look a lot alike.

I am kind of hoping that UVA changes theirs. We're going to look a lot alike.

But they are copycats. They know Orange helmets are clearly "in".

Easily the best uniforms since the McNabb/Freeney days. Though I may be the only one who kind of liked the numbers on the sides of the helmet instead of the S (the plain orange with the blue/white stripes down the middle is still the best of course).

Easily the best uniforms since the McNabb/Freeney days. Though I may be the only one who kind of liked the numbers on the sides of the helmet instead of the S (the plain orange with the blue/white stripes down the middle is still the best of course).

Not the only one. I dug the numbers on the helmets as well.

You are not alone. Loved the numbers on the Helmet.

Agree 100%. Preferred either of those two helmet styles to this one.

But these unis are much, much, much better than those ones we sported during the GRob era.

Love the unis! The only additional change I would make that would complete the overhaul is going with navy facemasks versus the drab putrid grey...ugh!

Love the uniforms.

Just dump the S on the helmet.

Still what we saw on Saturday were great.

Like the uniforms. Thank goodness we are not Maryland.

I kinda prefer the grey facemasks. It's an old school, classic look. The 49ers look much better with grey facemasks instead of the red ones. I generally only like uniforms where the helmet matches the pants, but realized recently that I like the Giant's (who I hate) unis because the facemask matches the pants.

The block S has grown on me. But I still think it looks too much like Stanford and MSU. Any idea who had that first? Anyone have a pic of the numbered helmets, in action?

All in all, think the unis are pretty damn close to perfect. Maybe just tweak the position and weight of the piping/stripes. We're joining an orange heavy conference. Let those other teams experiment while we keep our tradition and just modernize it a bit.

I very much dislike the "S." I would like to see numbers come back or the navy blue traditional looking "SU" that slightly overlap.
logo_syracuse.gif

th
th
th
oLD msu...

Basically MSU has had the Spartan on their helmet most years. They also went blank and #'s on the side several times. At least SU's S is blue instead of White. I liek the S. Blank looked too much liek the Browns...
th
SU...
th

Browns..

th
th
th
oLD msu...

Basically MSU has had the Spartan on their helmet most years. They also went blank and #'s on the side several times. At least SU's S is blue instead of White. I liek the S. Blank looked too much liek the Browns...
th
SU...
th

Browns..

I'm a Life long Browns fan too. :bang: I like the white Browns mask much better than the grey. They are currently grey and have been predominantly grey over the years. I can only recall a season or two that the Browns had the white...the Reggie Langhorn years. :)

As far as the 'Cuse go, no comparison in my opinion...the navy is hands down the better look...it blends and picks up the helmet's navy stripe as it would also do with the current navy block S, not to mention the navy stripe in the orange pants, etc. The grey really makes no sense to me...kinda like the grey in the SU hoops unis...:noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom