Our walk-ons | Syracusefan.com

Our walk-ons

PoppyHart

All American
might as well be part of the witness protection program. Combined 3 minutes of play, 2 missed FGs and 1 TO.

Has there ever been a November or December where they have not scored a single point?

They will get several minutes against Binghamton

My apologies if answered already: any TV coverage in NYC for the Binghamton game?

Our walk ons have thus far been the biggest disappointment this season. Absolutely no emotion, or cheering going on from them at all. Pretty disappointing. You want the end of your bench to be engaged, picking up the players, especially on the road. They mope around like they are being forced to be there. They really need to pick it up as we get into conference play.

Almost seems like the freshmen on the bench are the walk ons lately given their lack of PT lately.

Smallest walk-on group in years. That big Canadian kid is still in school, but not on the team. Don't know what his deal is.

I've never seen walk-ons as inept in game situations as these last two bunches of guys. All airballs and turnovers; it's like the Washington Generals.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. Go to a practice some day (ok, you probably can't), and you would see the walk-ons' value to the team. Even though they know it is doubtful they will see playing time (mainly because of all the scholly freshmen who are getting what could have been their minutes), they work their butts off as hard as the scholarship players and perform an important role at practices.

Not all walk-ons are as demonstrative as, say Nick Reavy (who was actually a "coach in training"). These kids are majoring in things like finance where they are very good students -- in spite of all the hours they give to the basketball team.

Last edited:
I agree with cto. How can you bitch about the walk-ons?

The team is going to be #2 in the country on Monday and your complaining about the walk-ons?

Ridonculous.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. Go to a practice some day (ok, you probably can't), but you would see the walk-ons' value to the team. Even though they know it is doubtful they will see playing time (mainly because of all the scholly freshmen who are getting what could have been their minutes), they work their butts off as hard as the scholarship players and perform an important role at practices.

Not all walk-ons are as demonstrative as, say Nick Reavy (who was actually a "coach in training"). These kids are majoring in things like finance where there are very good students -- in spite of all the hours they give to the basketball team.

No one's claimed that the walk-ons aren't valuable. Talk about a straw man.

The point made here is that they are unusually unproductive in game situations. Purely objective and nothing to get defensive about.

To the original post, I think there was a season in which the walk-ons didn't log any game time for the entire season. Maybe 1992 or 1993? So that surpasses this season.

Come on now guys. These kids give their lives to the team and do a pretty thankless job. I don't think it's right on any level to criticize them. Be happy we have them.

I'm completely with CTO on this one!

This team is just missing Brandon Reese, but you know what that means...

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. Go to a practice some day (ok, you probably can't), and you would see the walk-ons' value to the team. Even though they know it is doubtful they will see playing time (mainly because of all the scholly freshmen who are getting what could have been their minutes), they work their butts off as hard as the scholarship players and perform an important role at practices.

Not all walk-ons are as demonstrative as, say Nick Reavy (who was actually a "coach in training"). These kids are majoring in things like finance where they are very good students -- in spite of all the hours they give to the basketball team.

I completely agree with your sentiment about the effort and the value of the walkons, but I think the OP and some of the others were just kidding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom