PAC 12 / B12 Merger | Syracusefan.com

PAC 12 / B12 Merger

44PRIDE

All Conference
Gawd I love expansion. This stuff is absurd...but fun to talk about. See the note that's making rounds around the internets...

Setting aside the logistical impossibility of making this happen, it does lend for some intriguing conversations. Super 16 conference that stretches from the midwest to the west coast.

East conference:
Texas
TexTech
Oklahoma
OK State
Kansas
K State
Baylor
Iowa State

West Conference:
USC
Cal
Oregon
Stanford
Washingon
Arizona
ASU
UCLA

Let the discussion begin...

Gawd I love expansion. This stuff is absurd...but fun to talk about. See the note that's making rounds around the internets...

Setting aside the logistical impossibility of making this happen, it does lend for some intriguing conversations. Super 16 conference that stretches from the midwest to the west coast.

East conference:
Texas
TexTech
Oklahoma
OK State
Kansas
K State
Baylor
Iowa State

West Conference:
USC
Cal
Oregon
Stanford
Washingon
Arizona
ASU
UCLA

Colorado, Utah, Wash St., Oregon St., TCU & WfVU would be less than thrilled. The extended ACC GoR would make it difficult for the SEC to add WfVU, if it wanted to. WfVU "back to the AACk"? How fitting. ;)

I love wild hypotheticals as much as the next person, but this is just too silly...

East conference:
Texas
TexTech
Oklahoma
OK State
Kansas
K State
Baylor
Iowa State

West Conference:
USC
Cal
Oregon
Stanford
Washingon
Arizona
ASU
UCLA

Don't quite get why you've left out a bunch of Pac-12 teams there. If this were to happen, it wouldn't so much be a merger as an acquisition of Big 12 assets by the Pac-12. I think what the Pac-12 wants is UT, OU, KU, and take your pick of TT, OSU, or TCU. What they might end up with is OU, KU, OSU, and TT. And if UT stays out, do they take OU with them wherever they go? If so, is expansion to 16 even worth it?

There are way too many big public schools being left on the outside for anyone to think several state governments wouldn't put a halt to something like this. Does anyone really think that the Governor of Washington would allow UDubb to be a part of this but not Wazzou? Or Oregon without Oregon St?

Yeah, I think this is crazy talk too - not so unusual with those internet "conference realignment" posting rumors, but the Dude of WVa can't be happy about it - so watch out!

Colorado, Utah, Wash St., Oregon St., TCU & WfVU would be less than thrilled. The extended ACC GoR would make it difficult for the SEC to add WfVU, if it wanted to. WfVU "back to the AACk"? How fitting. ;)
yeah, we are talking about the Pac12...going to 16.

and not by subtraction/addition.

they will take 4 teams.

obviously, they wanted texas and okie last go round...so figure them, t boone pickens u...and a texas lottery winner.

texascpa said:
There are way too many big public schools being left on the outside for anyone to think several state governments wouldn't put a halt to something like this. Does anyone really think that the Governor of Washington would allow UDubb to be a part of this but not Wazzou? Or Oregon without Oregon St?

They're also insane if they think people are going to throw away their relationships built up over 70+ years to be in a conference with Iowa State and Baylor and Texas Tech.

Anything coming from the B12 is always nonsense. If teams from the P12 are willing to "cut the fat" then why would they join the B12 instead of the B1G?

Arizona, Cal, Colorado, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Washington are all AAU schools and would prefer to be with the B1G. If those schools have no interest in adding BYU, there is no way they join with Baylor and the poor academic schools in the B12.

Not happening.

The PAC-12 already turned down Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.
They want Texas or they won't take Big XII teams.

Not happening.

The PAC-12 already turned down Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.
They want Texas or they won't take Big XII teams.

And they aren't getting Texas. Just can't see it.

I love wild hypotheticals as much as the next person, but this is just too silly...

I would agree, but the way ESPN's current contract is written with the Big 12, they would get raped in a Big 12 expansion financially. The TV people want better games among "name" teams, not just more games that don't generate any viewership.

If the Big XII blows Texas will have offers from all other P4 conferences
Just like Yukon, supposedly, has. ;)

Agreed, Bevo's not going West. They're in a tough bind, location-wise, however. Methinks they'll fight to keep things the way they are.

ACC + SEC on the other coast. Let the B10 whither away.

I still see Oklahoma and Kansas/Texas ending up in the Big Ten.
Oklahoma State and one of West Virginia/TCU/Baylor ending up in the SEC.
The ACC won't expand.

Just like Yukon, supposedly, has. ;)

Agreed, Bevo's not going West. They're in a tough bind, location-wise, however. Methinks they'll fight to keep things the way they are.

You know Yukon is just throwing UT a bone. They may be wiling to drag OU with them, too. [sarcasm off]

So everything I have heard is Texas and Oklahoma aren't going to resign. They will be free agents so to speak to feel out other conferences. If that happens and the playoffs expand then I think it will get interesting. It may make ND go full time with ACC and then we would have to pick up 1. I doubt it ends up being one of the big boys but who do you want or think it would be. My guess is WVU. A lot has to happen but I wouldn't be so happy if I'm one of the lower teams in the BIG 12 or one that they are looking to get for this years expansion.