Pac-12 Commissioner announcement at 2 PM today | Syracusefan.com

Pac-12 Commissioner announcement at 2 PM today

It is astonishing how badly the Pac-12 has screwed up everything it touches since they failed to lure Texas, aTM, Oklahoma and OK State years ago. It is literally the only P5 conference in the Pacific and Mountain time zones, and yet they're a perpetual mess.

I can't decide whether this is a brilliant move or the beginning of a slow-motion train wreck that will drive the Pac-12 further behind in the conference wars.

I can't decide whether this is a brilliant move or the beginning of a slow-motion train wreck that will drive the Pac-12 further behind in the conference wars.
johnny depp disney GIF

It's a good move. Arguably, the PAC 12's biggest issue is their inability to get the PAC 12 network available to viewers. He brings expertise in media.

It's a good move. Arguably, the PAC 12's biggest issue is their inability to get the PAC 12 network available to viewers. He brings expertise in media.
There’s probably only one way to get the network distributed... and that’s to sell the network.

I don't understand why an outside hire is so often viewed as bad in situations like this. If the PAC-12 had been humming along, it would make sense to hire internally to maintain continuity. To me it makes sense to get new perspective to fix things.
Hiring from outside the conference = no problem.
Hiring from outside the industry = not so good.

Hiring from outside the conference = no problem.
Hiring from outside the industry = not so good.
Well, my comment came before they made the announcement of who it actually was. I guess we'll see if they were visionary or stupid.

Really, my comment was more about how hiring outside the family is often criticized in general. This was just another example of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom