Packer and Durham | Syracusefan.com

Packer and Durham

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Basketball style.

They both raved about SU this morning. Packer says we are the under the radar team and will be better than people think. Thought Duke, SU and VT looked the best last night. Durham talked about how much fun we were going to be to watch. Raved about our 3 point shooting and the number of assists we get. It was good stuff.

Basketball style.

They both raved about SU this morning. Packer says we are the under the radar team and will be better than people think. Thought Duke, SU and VT looked the best last night. Durham talked about how much fun we were going to be to watch. Raved about our 3 point shooting and the number of assists we get. It was good stuff.

I've been a little concerned about things I saw in the exhibition games.

But I'm starting to believe that this team might be quite a bit better than I thought, because Jimmy / Swider are substantially better than I expected.

I've been a little concerned about things I saw in the exhibition games.

But I'm starting to believe that this team might be quite a bit better than I thought, because Jimmy / Swider are substantially better than I expected.
I’m right here with you. Not going to knock anyone but we’re doing exactly what we need to do against who we’re playing so it’s tough to eat their lunch with how well they played but it’ll still come down to point guard play, rebounding and defense to put this team in a top 10-15 type year. Next couple of weeks are huge.

I’m right here with you. Not going to knock anyone but we’re doing exactly what we need to do against who we’re playing so it’s tough to eat their lunch with how well they played but it’ll still come down to point guard play, rebounding and defense to put this team in a top 10-15 type year. Next couple of weeks are huge.
Drexel may give us a better feel about how good we are. I have read that they are a good team.

Today is Packer and Durhams 500th show. They talked a little about different tidbits during that time including which coach, player and administrator had the most appearances. Wildhack and the Clemson AD have made the most appearances of administrators and Buddy along with Kenny Pickett have made the most appearances of the athletes.

I can't get the 2017 out of my head. That team was coming off the Final Four, got some good transfers, absolutely crushed the cupcakes...and got smacked by every decent OOC team we played.

This feels different, but don't know if it's wishful thinking or if it really is. I hope to be dunked on by everyone after the Bahamas.

I can't get the 2017 out of my head. That team was coming off the Final Four, got some good transfers, absolutely crushed the cupcakes...and got smacked by every decent OOC team we played.

This feels different, but don't know if it's wishful thinking or if it really is. I hope to be dunked on by everyone after the Bahamas.
As a townie, that 2017 team was the only year I was an actual student (grad school). Still feel bad for all my classmates who were excited to see a good team.

Basketball style.

I agree that we could be a bit under the radar. Most of the media has us pegged as finishing around 7th in the ACC. I predict at least 4th or 5th. But if things shake out well, we could finish as high as 2nd or 3rd. If a so-so Va Tech team can finish 3rd last season with some schedule breaks, I don’t see why we can’t do the same. I just don’t want another middle of the pack finish. 3-5 seems realistic.

Drexel may give us a better feel about how good we are. I have read that they are a good team.
just curious where, other than some "I heard Drexel is tough" (and hell, maybe they are, but there's nothing statistically to substantiate it) speculation on here, you read they are good

Today is Packer and Durhams 500th show. They talked a little about different tidbits during that time including which coach, player and administrator had the most appearances. Wildhack and the Clemson AD have made the most appearances of administrators and Buddy along with Kenny Pickett have made the most appearances of the athletes.
Wow and I've read they never talk about SU :)

just curious where, other than some "I heard Drexel is tough" (and hell, maybe they are, but there's nothing statistically to substantiate it) speculation on here, you read they are good

JB said it in his coaches show. That they won their conference and went to the tourney and return everybody from that team. It could be “JB says things” but I took away the impression that they weren’t a push over.

JB said it in his coaches show. That they won their conference and went to the tourney and return everybody from that team. It could be “JB says things” but I took away the impression that they weren’t a push over.
Illinois ended up beating them by 30.

My measure of whether we're gonna be good is: Are we bludgeoning the teams we're supposed to be bludgeoning? If we are, that's generally a good sign.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom