Packer and Durham | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Packer and Durham

just curious where, other than some "I heard Drexel is tough" (and hell, maybe they are, but there's nothing statistically to substantiate it) speculation on here, you read they are good
They won their conference tournament and went to the NCAAs, although they were crushed there by Illinois. They return three starters from that team. They crushed their first opponent on Tuesday, scoring 103 points.

I am just saying that they will test us more than LaFayette, and will tell us more about our team.

They won their conference tournament and went to the NCAAs, although they were crushed there by Illinois. They return three starters from that team. They crushed their first opponent on Tuesday, scoring 103 points.

I am just saying that they will test us more than LaFayette, and will tell us more about our team.
Right on, not trying to dispute, only trying to point out "better than lafayette" ≠ "good" :)

I think we are mostly saying the same thing. If it’s a close game we have some issues, but if we take care of business it should mean we are pretty good. A good team takes care of business and the walk ons finish the game for us.

Drexel looks small. No player on their roster is listed as a center. They have only two guys at 6'8 or taller. One is 6'10" and 250lbs and played for 18 minutes in their blowout win. The other is 6'8" and 235lbs. He let them in scoring in the first game. It looks like he is an inside player. He shot no three point shots and was only 2 of 5 from the free throw line. They had no rebounder above 7. They were 11 for 33 from 3pt range. Anyway, here is a box score, in case anyone wants to peruse it as I have. Also, here is a roster as well.
1636654831153.png
1636654865641.png

just curious where, other than some "I heard Drexel is tough" (and hell, maybe they are, but there's nothing statistically to substantiate it) speculation on here, you read they are

Attachments

• 1636680343257.jpeg
    1636680343257.jpeg
    5.3 KB · Views: 74
JB said it in his coaches show. That they won their conference and went to the tourney and return everybody from that team. It could be “JB says things” but I took away the impression that they weren’t a push over.

JB is usually pretty candid, but respectful, about opponents.

and ftr I hope Drexel is good enough to provide a challenge, and Colgate even better yet - that's what is needed ahead of Atlantis, 'Nova, etc

Absolutely! Never underestimate a team of Philly kids who wound up at their 2nd or 3rd choice school. Humbled, with a chip on their shoulders. Lionel Simmons kinds of players grow up on these teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom