Packer & Durham show ends on Friday, New show with Packer and company starts 8/22 | Syracusefan.com

Packer & Durham show ends on Friday, New show with Packer and company starts 8/22

I've been checking ACCN for Syracuse content ... nada. There's abundant content for fans of southern teams (UM, VT, UNC, Clem.) ... spring games, last years contests, etc. But with P/D going away (the only place where there was any SU mention, let alone balanced coverage), Syracuse fans have little to watch on the NW. It's a pity bc there's interest up here and it's a long summer.

Last edited:
Unfortunate. I thought it was a great morning show.

My guess would be that Packer is getting his own show, with Wes moving to more play by play (as he mentioned).

Packer looks like he's shedding some pounds.

Unfortunate. I thought it was a great morning show.

My guess would be that Packer is getting his own show, with Wes moving to more play by play (as he mentioned).

Packer looks like he's shedding some pounds.
Agree, I liked both of them and will miss the show. Didn't see a lot of them because of work but they did a good job.

It will be interesting to see who they bring in to replace them. Agree with others above that it sounds like Packer is going to still be a presence on ACCN. Will they give him his own show like Paul Finebaum?

The lack of Newhouse grads and SU on air personnel is pretty glaring. I wonder if this leads to giving someone from Syracuse a gig on ACCN.

Would love to see a weekly show featuring members of the press/announcers/media discussing what they are hearing about the teams they cover.

Of course, we wouldn't get any tidbits from the Syracuse people because no one seems to be sharing any inside info on what is going on during the off season, who is doing well in informal practices, etc.

Sigh.

Agree, I liked both of them and will miss the show. Didn't see a lot of them because of work but they did a good job.

It will be interesting to see who they bring in to replace them. Agree with others above that it sounds like Packer is going to still be a presence on ACCN. Will they give him his own show like Paul Finebaum?

The lack of Newhouse grads and SU on air personnel is pretty glaring. I wonder if this leads to giving someone from Syracuse a gig on ACCN.

Would love to see a weekly show featuring members of the press/announcers/media discussing what they are hearing about the teams they cover.

Of course, we wouldn't get any tidbits from the Syracuse people because no one seems to be sharing any inside info on what is going on during the off season, who is doing well in informal practices, etc.

Sigh.
Packs gone Keto. Hes trading muffin recipes with Tom:)

Pack has lost 55 pounds since the new year. I’m sure he still enjoys some brown water, as he calls it. First he loses his SXM gig, which he has made abundantly clear was not his decision. Now the show goes off the air. I hope those speculating on him getting a new show are correct. I was very sad to hear that the show is ending Friday. Oh yeah, one of the lumberjacks is a Newhouse guy. I don’t recall his name.

Pack has lost 55 pounds since the new year. I’m sure he still enjoys some brown water, as he calls it. First he loses his SXM gig, which he has made abundantly clear was not his decision. Now the show goes off the air. I hope those speculating on him getting a new show are correct. I was very sad to hear that the show is ending Friday. Oh yeah, one of the lumberjacks is a Newhouse guy. I don’t recall his name.

Interesting, all I could find on Google yesterday was that he said he was leaving and the speculation was he wanted to do something else.

I've been checking ACCN for Syracuse content ... nada. There's abundant content for fans of southern teams (UM, VT, UNC, Clem.) ... spring games, last years contests, etc. But with P/D going away (the only place where there was any SU mention, let alone balanced coverage), Syracuse fans literally have nothing to watch on the NW. It's a pity bc there's interest up here and it's a long summer.
I watched our spring football game live on ACCN. They are replaying it at 8:00 p.m. this Sat and Sun. As for the rest of the offseason programming, it looks like it's replays of big games from the past year, i.e. games between ranked opponents, meaningful matchups, etc. I'm not sure if you noticed, but we had very few of those type games over the last few years across all of our programs. The women's lax game between SU and BC is airing over long weekend, too.
Think about if the Big East had a network 15 years ago. How interested would you be in watching SJ beat Providence by 10 points in a 1st round BET game?
That's where we are as an athletics program right now, unfortunately.

At first, I thought it was a Golic and Greenberg situation; but now I’m not so sure. Durham is going to do more play by play. Packer is going to do more “ACCN projects”. I don’t know if it is their choice, one of them decided they wanted to split, or a management decision.

I watched our spring football game live on ACCN. They are replaying it at 8:00 p.m. this Sat and Sun. As for the rest of the offseason programming, it looks like it's replays of big games from the past year, i.e. games between ranked opponents, meaningful matchups, etc. I'm not sure if you noticed, but we had very few of those type games over the last few years across all of our programs. The women's lax game between SU and BC is airing over long weekend, too.
Think about if the Big East had a network 15 years ago. How interested would you be in watching SJ beat Providence by 10 points in a 1st round BET game?
That's where we are as an athletics program right now, unfortunately.
Thank you for the response, even if the SU spring game aired 2 months ago. Recently (seeing lots of other program content), I searched for "Syracuse" on the Spectrum guide and it came up 'no results'. Trusting Spectrum was probably unwise. I also manually scrolled through to see if any Syracuse content was available ... nothing. But if the spring game is on this weekend, I'll tune in for sure. SU content is so rare I'd almost given up. So I appreciate your tip.

Last edited:
crap I liked their show, I hope they replace it with a similarly fine morning show.

I've been checking ACCN for Syracuse content ... nada. There's abundant content for fans of southern teams (UM, VT, UNC, Clem.) ... spring games, last years contests, etc. But with P/D going away (the only place where there was any SU mention, let alone balanced coverage), Syracuse fans literally have nothing to watch on the NW. It's a pity bc there's interest up here and it's a long summer.
Starting July 5th, ACCN is doing a school takeover. They are doing it alphabetically. Boston College will be the 5th, Clemson will be the 6th, and so on. I’m too lazy to figure out what day Syracuse will takeover: but the entire day will be Syracuse content.

Thank you for the response, even if the SU spring game aired 2 months ago. Recently (seeing lots of other program content), I searched for "Syracuse" on the Spectrum guide and it came up 'no results'. Trusting Spectrum was probably unwise. I also manually scrolled through to see if any Syracuse content was available ... nothing. But if the spring game is on this weekend, I'll tune in for sure. SU content is so rare I'd almost given up. So I appreciate your tip.
I looked at the ACCN website for the upcoming week.

Starting July 5th, ACCN is doing a school takeover. They are doing it alphabetically. Boston College will be the 5th, Clemson will be the 6th, and so on. I’m too lazy to figure out what day Syracuse will takeover: but the entire day will be Syracuse content.
Considering the way the league treats northern teams, our takeover will probably be football replays from 2005-2008 only ;)

Considering the way the league treats northern teams, our takeover will probably be football replays from 2005-2008 only ;)
Your post made me think what game would I want to see in 5 sports.
football Clemson
men’s basketball NCAAT Virginia or Gonzaga
woman’s basketball NCAAT game that we won to send us to final 4
men‘s lacrosse against Cornell in Natty at Gillette Stadium
women’s lacrosse ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online