Parallel Digression with Nebraska | Syracusefan.com

Parallel Digression with Nebraska

corpjet

Board Prophet
Can the same thing be said about our program as Nebraska? The difference in Lincoln is if Scott Frost can’t fix it, who can?

They can go back to the Big 12. It's probably easier selling kids they typically recruit on playing Texas and Oklahoma vs. Wisconsin and Minnesota.

I think that ship has sailed until another huge phase of realignment, with that said I do bet they wish they were back in the Big 12

they still sell out every game. Impressive. Have family out there. They’re football obsessed

I consider Nebraska football fans the best fans in American sports. Sell out every game, will travel to Siberia if the Huskers are playing there, and based on everything I've ever heard, they're genuinely nice for the most part.

This is so gross from the article - screw Frost. Apparently recording an underage girl while you're assaulting her isn't an "unbreakable rule" for Frost and Nebraska.

"He doesn't say whether one of those tough decisions was what to do about Maurice Washington -- his sophomore running back who shows flashes of brilliance; his top-ranked recruit from the 2018 class; his player who is facing two charges, one of which is a felony, for allegedly sending his ex-girlfriend a video that depicted her performing what she says were non-consensual sexual acts. She was 15 years old when the video was recorded. The case is pending adjudication in the California legal system, and a preliminary hearing is set for Dec. 12.

Washington sat out the first half of Nebraska's 2019 opening game, but Frost, along with the athletic director and chancellor, initially opted to allow Washington to play otherwise, save for one other half-game suspension imposed for infractions that were unrelated to his ongoing legal issues. Sitting in his office in September, Frost bristles a bit at the idea of handling Washington any other way. "Our players know there's some unbreakable rules, some things they can't do if they want to be part of this football team," Frost says. "Anything short of that, it's our job to try to help them.""

Apparently recording an underage girl while you're assaulting her isn't an "unbreakable rule" for Frost and Nebraska.

This is so gross from the article - screw Frost. Apparently recording an underage girl while you're assaulting her isn't an "unbreakable rule" for Frost and Nebraska.

"He doesn't say whether one of those tough decisions was what to do about Maurice Washington -- his sophomore running back who shows flashes of brilliance; his top-ranked recruit from the 2018 class; his player who is facing two charges, one of which is a felony, for allegedly sending his ex-girlfriend a video that depicted her performing what she says were non-consensual s e xual acts. She was 15 years old when the video was recorded. The case is pending adjudication in the California legal system, and a preliminary hearing is set for Dec. 12.

Washington sat out the first half of Nebraska's 2019 opening game, but Frost, along with the athletic director and chancellor, initially opted to allow Washington to play otherwise, save for one other half-game suspension imposed for infractions that were unrelated to his ongoing legal issues. Sitting in his office in September, Frost bristles a bit at the idea of handling Washington any other way. "Our players know there's some unbreakable rules, some things they can't do if they want to be part of this football team," Frost says. "Anything short of that, it's our job to try to help them.""

Apparently recording an underage girl while you're assaulting her isn't an "unbreakable rule" for Frost and Nebraska.
That is disgusting. People can say what they want about Dino's management of the program this season, but I can't imagine him ever saying something like that.

An average team in their conference is 9-0. They can have a year like Minny is having.

everyone in the country is obsessed with football except the northeast!!!!

There are many times where I think this is a great thing. I love Syracuse football, but there are so many stories of the largess of football in these factories destroying lives or distorting priorities. I wonder if we in the NE have a healthy view.

An average team in their conference is 9-0. They can have a year like Minny is having.

I would say they are a bit better than average at 9-0 and a big victory over PSU. It's OK to row the boat dude. Fleck has done a great job there and yeah I think they will lose a couple games coming in but still

I think you will see schools like Nebraska, Minnesota,...Syracuse rise up every now and again to have special seasons. Doing it consistently may be a bit harder. Nebraska already has pretty elite facilities, and an elite fan base and they still are rarely going to crack a top 15-20 recruiting class. Fleck has done a good job recruiting to Minnesota, which gives me hope that it could be done, but still they will never pull in top 15-20 classes on a consistent level. Recruiting is the name of the game. You either have the talent or don't. The way things are now i think we are just going to see the same 10-12 teams compete for playoff berths.

"He doesn't say whether one of those tough decisions was what to do about Maurice Washington -- his sophomore running back who shows flashes of brilliance; his top-ranked recruit from the 2018 class; his player who is facing two charges, one of which is a felony, for allegedly sending his ex-girlfriend a video that depicted her performing what she says were non-consensual s e xual acts. She was 15 years old when the video was recorded. The case is pending adjudication in the California legal system, and a preliminary hearing is set for Dec. 12.

Total dbag

There are many times where I think this is a great thing. I love Syracuse football, but there are so many stories of the largess of football in these factories destroying lives or distorting priorities. I wonder if we in the NE have a healthy view.
Ha, I don’t think so. More energy goes to the pro side in the NE. Ny, philly, Boston and even Washington historically. They don’t have that in Lincoln or Norman or Tuscaloosa or Tallahassee.

Ha, I don’t think so. More energy goes to the pro side in the NE. Ny, philly, Boston and even Washington historically. They don’t have that in Lincoln or Norman or Tuscaloosa or Tallahassee.

Agreed. But a winning NFL team is a well run business and a fun diversion. A winning CFB program can be covering up rape, sexual abuse, promoting rampant cheating, academic fraud, building needless things to attract recruits when it could be spent in better ways, etc etc.

I’d be amped to be in the playoff year after year. But also amped to not be selling our souls in service to the sport and winning at all costs

Missed this from way back.

largesse in pro sports is healthier than it is when laundered through college athletics. In pro sports when they do dumb stuff, people generally are ok with it as they have a dumb owner and are accountable to the league who is empowered to sanction illegal stuff. In college, largesse and illegal stuff is from nebulous boosters and the NCAA has proven feckless in response

The Greg Robinson school of cheating.
HA! Great comparison. I thought Frost was a good hire for them. Not sure they will ever get back to the Osborne days, but I thought Frost would make them respectable at least. This year is a big one for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom