Paramount+ | Syracusefan.com

Paramount+

upperdeck

Living Legend
So this is happening like march 4th.. I tried to get a better understanding to what happens to my CBS all access account reading thru the press release but didnt gather much.. I see some references to multi tiers and pretty big cost jumps though.. Strange that not one email has come my way for something a week out? Anyone gotten notifications from them ?

Paramount+ Pricing Tiers

To allow for flexibility in their choice of experience, Paramount+ will have two pricing tiers available to U.S. subscribers that marry the best of live and on-demand programming.

The premium tier ($9.99) will be available with the full depth and breadth of live sports, around-the-clock news programming and world-class entertainment spanning Paramount+ originals to an expansive suite of current and library shows and movies.

The offering will include CBS' live linear feed and commercial-free on-demand viewing, with 4k, HDR and Dolby Vision, mobile downloads, and cross-platform dynamic play functionality.

Then, an ad-supported tier ($4.99) will launch in June 2021 and offer the best in sports, news, and entertainment. At that time, the current $5.99 plan will no longer be available for new users, but existing CBS All Access users will maintain grandfathered access.

The new ad-supported base tier ($4.99) will feature a compelling offering of exciting Paramount+ originals, marquee sports content including championship-level soccer and NFL programming, breaking news through CBSN, and an extraordinary collection of content, including the full suite of current and library CBS shows available on demand.

Both Paramount+ tiers will feature a seamless user interface, enhanced curation and discovery, personalized homepages, content categories, and central hubs for ViacomCBS' brands. Additionally, each subscription option will include parental control capabilities and up to six individual profiles.

Your CBS All-Access account should automatically convert to Paramount+ on March 4.

Not sure if the app on the Firestick will convert, or if we'll have to download a new app.

So basically $5 or $10 tier one with ads one without.. Guess We have to wait and see what is offered on the 2 tiers thats different.. I dont really mind ads all that much, but until its clear what content changes are being made I wont be upgrading.

Bundling is changing as well. It wont be available on Apple+ tv

I see they are taking away the live CBS feed now.

I wonder how they showtime bundle will work.. HBO gives me HBO max for free, but I doubt Showtime will get me paramount+ for free.

Your CBS All-Access account should automatically convert to Paramount+ on March 4.

Not sure if the app on the Firestick will convert, or if we'll have to download a new app.
I believe you’ll need to download a new app. That’s what I’m hearing for Roku.

surprised the app isnt out and being used already so its ready day 1.. you dont need to turn on content yet but people shouldnt all be scrambling day 1 to work out the bugs.. and we shouldnt be days out without telling people whats up..

CBA All-Access app still works on the Firestick.

I even searched for the Paramount+ app, and it took me right back to CBS AA.

CBA All-Access app still works on the Firestick.

I even searched for the Paramount+ app, and it took me right back to CBS AA.
Yep. All the Paramount+ content is up on the CBS All-Access app on my phone as well.

its been another strange roll out.. all the talk of a new day starting today.. kinda like the hbo max roll out.. very confusing

On The roku you needed to run the system check for updates to get the new changes. The update gets applied but wont happen until the Roku restarts. so its a 2 step thing

the next set of changes will be in a few weeks when it stops letting live shows run without paying the different fee structure..

On fire you need to click the more options tab on the app before opening it and then that kicks off the update. Even then though even a restart doesnt seem to change the app icon

Last edited: