Parking changes

Stetson

Walk On
Will the new donor ranking & subsequent parking changes impact the Fine Mess Tailgate and its location ?

FAL

Hall of Fame
Post your question on the football board...you might get a quicker response there.

Cuseregular

All American
Will the new donor ranking & subsequent parking changes impact the Fine Mess Tailgate and its location ?
We're still all on the wait and see mode. Based on our current donor rank numbers I think the answer is yes they'll be people effected negatively. The question will be if we can circumnavigate it in various ways to keep on keeping on. Personally if I get bumped out of the west lots I'm moving on to other avenues of pre game activity like the hotel Syracuse events.

But I'm hopeful, probably unrealistically so knowing that this is Syracuse university we're dealing with, but I'm hoping we can keep this all together with what has become an amazing group of friends/tailgaters with what I believe is the biggest and the best tailgate group on the hill.

That's my left brain emotional brain speaking, the logical right brain says what I've said elsewhere that just as we get good the powers that be say, hey let's see what we can do to make it harder for the die hards to continue to be die hards.

Last edited:

Consigliere

All Conference
See Jeremy’s post above. If we can get five or six donors to help out I am pretty confident we can save the Fine Mess. Becomes much more urgent with @Cuseregular’s concerns!

FAL

Hall of Fame
See Jeremy’s post above. If we can get five or six donors to help out I am pretty confident we can save the Fine Mess. Becomes much more urgent with @Cuseregular’s concerns!
What kind of response have you received?

upperdeck

Living Legend
so let me ask this.. just how full game to game is the fine parking lot? i know the games i have been at i would say maybe 75% is more than that the normal?

Chris02M

All American
so let me ask this.. just how full game to game is the fine parking lot? i know the games i have been at i would say maybe 75% is more than that the normal?

except for 1aa game its usually 90% or more full from my eyes when going to the tailgates

JeremyCuse

Living Legend
It was full every game by about an hour or so before kick save for maybe 1 game. Several tailgaters who were running behind last year had to park at Standart

FAL

Hall of Fame
It was full every game by about an hour or so before kick save for maybe 1 game. Several tailgaters who were running behind last year had to park at Standart
This is true. I usually arrive around 90 minutes before kick-off. I was able to park in the Fine lot only 2 or three games. The rest in Standart.

cuseguy

Living Legend
We're still all on the wait and see mode. Based on our current donor rank numbers I think the answer is yes they'll be people effected negatively. The question will be if we can circumnavigate it in various ways to keep on keeping on. Personally if I get bumped out of the west lots I'm moving on to other avenues of pre game activity like the hotel Syracuse events.

But I'm hopeful, probably unrealistically so knowing that this is Syracuse university we're dealing with, but I'm hoping we can keep this all together with what has become an amazing group of friends/tailgaters with what I believe is the biggest and the best tailgate group on the hill.

That's my left brain emotional brain speaking, the logical right brain says what I've said elsewhere that just as we get good the powers that be say, hey let's see what we can do to make it harder for the die hards to continue to be die hards.
I concur with this. Kinda disheartening that us diehards have been left to the side after so many years of supporting the program. SU basketball and lacrosse were ruined for me when SU joined the ACC. And now, with the decision to change the parking format, I’ll likey be inconvenienced in order to park and tailgate with friends.

Sigh.

Consigliere

All Conference
I concur with this. Kinda disheartening that us diehards have been left to the side after so many years of supporting the program. SU basketball and lacrosse were ruined for me when SU joined the ACC. And now, with the decision to change the parking format, I’ll likey be inconvenienced in order to park and tailgate with friends.

Sigh.

Don't think things are nearly as dire and negative as some of the posts in this thread suggest. We know we are virtually last in the ACC in fund raising and much of that is because we have been holding to an antiquated and broken system for years. Wildhack's team recognizes the value of a strong tailgate culture in general in attracting new season ticket holders and has specific appreciation for our group. That's why we had Anthony DiFino, Brett Wallace and Ross Grippen join us at one time or another last year. Wildhack has also committed to try to stop by himself but as you can imagine game days are pretty crazy for him.
I' don't think it's case where they will simply sell us 20 extra Fine Lot passes but they are willing to sit with us and find creative ways within the system to ensure we are taken care of. That's why responses to Jeremy's post asking for help are so critical and frankly the response has been a bit lukewarm so far. If you can help, or know someone who can help, send us a PM.

cuseguy

Living Legend
Don't think things are nearly as dire and negative as some of the posts in this thread suggest. We know we are virtually last in the ACC in fund raising and much of that is because we have been holding to an antiquated and broken system for years. Wildhack's team recognizes the value of a strong tailgate culture in general in attracting new season ticket holders and has specific appreciation for our group. That's why we had Anthony DiFino, Brett Wallace and Ross Grippen join us at one time or another last year. Wildhack has also committed to try to stop by himself but as you can imagine game days are pretty crazy for him.
I' don't think it's case where they will simply sell us 20 extra Fine Lot passes but they are willing to sit with us and find creative ways within the system to ensure we are taken care of. That's why responses to Jeremy's post asking for help are so critical and frankly the response has been a bit lukewarm so far. If you can help, or know someone who can help, send us a PM.
I’m fully understand why they’re doing this. I’m just surprised it took this long. I’m assuming they figure they can do this now as the product has improved, or Wildhack looked at the donations, realized what others were doing, and called for the change. It’s just a shock to the system. I’m willing to pay a little more but not if I may be farmed out to a lot that doesn’t interest me.

I guess we need to be patient.

Consigliere

All Conference
I’m fully understand why they’re doing this. I’m just surprised it took this long. I’m assuming they figure they can do this now as the product has improved, or Wildhack looked at the donations, realized what others were doing, and called for the change. It’s just a shock to the system. I’m willing to pay a little more but not if I may be farmed out to a lot that doesn’t interest me.

I guess we need to be patient.
Big reason why we brought Andy Hurley in. He did the same as a consultant at 4 other schools and made such an impact that he was immediately hired and now has recently been promoted to Executive Diretor of the Orange Club - basically switching jobs with Bob Arkelpaine.

The thing that I continue to criticize is that there is still such a level of uncertainty in the process - particularly since the intention is to repeat it year-after-year. Wish they would have just set a new donation level for West parking and given existing pass holders right of first refusal, but there was SO much wrong with the old priority points program that they apparently just decided to rip off the band aid.

Last edited:

FAL

Hall of Fame
I looked into the possibility of helping out, so I contacted ny sales rep at SU to clarify a few issues. I was told that I could get an additional parking pass if I signed up for 3 more season tickets, but that there was no assurance that I would qualify for a West lot pass or even though a renewal of my own pass ( I’ve had one there for the past several seasons). So maybe the lukewarm response you mentioned is more due to confusion and uncertainty rather than tailgate fan apathy.

Consigliere

All Conference
I looked into the possibility of helping out, so I contacted ny sales rep at SU to clarify a few issues. I was told that I could get an additional parking pass if I signed up for 3 more season tickets, but that there was no assurance that I would qualify for a West lot pass or even though a renewal of my own pass ( I’ve had one there for the past several seasons). So maybe the lukewarm response you mentioned is more due to confusion and uncertainty rather than tailgate fan apathy.
What is your donor rank? I got some additional information with no commitment that if you have a donor rank of 1000 or better you should feel quite comfortable.

FAL

Hall of Fame
What is your donor rank? I got some additional information with no commitment that if you have a donor rank of 1000 or better you should feel quite comfortable.
I’m between 1000 and 2000, so I guess I’m off the hook.

Last edited:

Consigliere

All Conference
Well above 1000
Working on getting some additional data points to better forecast the cut line and will post when available. Feeling is 1,000 is VERY comfortable but could go significantly further down. There are 6,000 individual season ticket holders. Some have enough tickets on their account to buy multiple passes but many of the very high donors are basketball only. Was told that Carmelo is #1 and he is probably not looking for a Fine Lot pass. told my rep that was because I haven't him to one of our tailgates yet.

cuseguy

Living Legend
Word that they’re not guaranteeing a spot in the Fine lot is what I feared. With my donor rank in the 2,500 range, I’ll probably decide to stop donating. No sense.

FAL

Hall of Fame
Word that they’re not guaranteeing a spot in the Fine lot is what I feared. With my donor rank in the 2,500 range, I’ll probably decide to stop donating. No sense.
Pretty sadly understandable...

Last edited:

richmondcuse03

Scout Team
Let me know if I can help. Bought 4 seasons in December. First time season ticket holder.

Donor rank is in 700s. If someone can PM me more details, happy to help.

I’m not going to be able to go to every game so imagine will have parking passes to share (though admit to not knowing how they even work).

FAL

Hall of Fame
Let me know if I can help. Bought 4 seasons in December. First time season ticket holder.

Donor rank is in 700s. If someone can PM me more details, happy to help.

I’m not going to be able to go to every game so imagine will have parking passes to share (though admit to not knowing how they even work).
You’re only entitled to 1 parking pass for your number of seasons. If you have 5, you can pick up one more.

OburgOrange

Football Costume Critic
You’re only entitled to 1 parking pass for your number of seasons. If you have 5, you can pick up one more.
I have 5 seasons. I can buy 2 parking passes? How do I find out my rank?

Consigliere

All Conference
I have 5 seasons. I can buy 2 parking passes? How do I find out my rank?
Log on to your MyCuse account at Cuse.com. You should first see an option to register for the parking program. Simple yes/no question. Say yes. Then click on the Donor Rank Page link at the top of the screen.

Top Bottom