Parking changes

OburgOrange

Football Costume Critic
Log on to your MyCuse account at Cuse.com. You should first see an option to register for the parking program. Simple yes/no question. Say yes. Then click on the Donor Rank Page link at the top of the screen.
Ok Mark, I contacted SU. Here is their response, “ I have you down at 3293rd out of 21,562. You afe1,761st out of 4,206 within your donor class. A donation of $250 dollars more would have you jump of at least1,760 in the varsity class and likely many more “.

I have no idea what this all means:noidea:

David Mather was who I talked to

Reactions: FAL

FAL

Hall of Fame
Ok Mark, I contacted SU. Here is their response, “ I have you down at 3293rd out of 21,562. You afe1,761st out of 4,206 within your donor class. A donation of $250 dollars more would have you jump of at least1,760 in the varsity class and likely many more “.

I basically got the same kind of reaction after reading the donor playbook. All gobbledygook BS. I don’t think even the ticket reps know what the hell that all translates to. So I’ll just wait it out like everybody else and see what transpires in May.

This is so complicated. 3,300 of 21,600 seems like a reasonable number but I suspect it isnt getting me much lol

cuseguy

Living Legend
This is so complicated. 3,300 of 21,600 seems like a reasonable number but I suspect it isnt getting me much lol
There’s a limited number of spaces in the best parking lots. For example, roughly 80 percent of the spots in the Fine Lot are reserved for students. A ranking in the 3000 range would land you a pretty good spot if SU had better parking.

OttoMets

Living Legend
There’s a limited number of spaces in the best parking lots. For example, roughly 80 percent of the spots in the Fine Lot are reserved for students. A ranking in the 3000 range would land you a pretty good spot if SU had better parking.
This is where I disagree with the university's strategy. Strongly. Students pay very little to park. They don't need a car on campus, they arguably shouldn't have a car on campus. If there's going to be Dome parking disruption, they should bear the brunt of it. Close-in parking spaces should be reserved for people who've been donating money to the school for decades and can make a reasonable case for wanting a convenient parking space for Dome events.

AlaskaSUfan

Walk On

Pretty sure it means "give us $250 and the kid doesn't get it".
After changing my password 3 times and finally getting in to see my ranking, I'm pretty sure I'm in the upper half of the lower 3rd as well. Not quite as bad as you, but likely on Hiawatha Blvd. somewhere.
For 1-2 games I'm coming back for, I'll Uber it there knowing the walk back is mostly downhill.

Consigliere

All Conference
Students with West Lot parking are supposed to move their vehicles to South four hours before kickoff on game days. Not especially well policed but I believe that is the policy.

JeremyCuse

Living Legend
Students with West Lot parking are supposed to move their vehicles to South four hours before kickoff on game days. Not especially well policed but I believe that is the policy.
Outside of the first game after the dorms were built its never been enforced. As you know we get there 5 hours or so before game time and it's at least half full

OburgOrange

Football Costume Critic
Did you see my response from SU on post 26? I have no idea what it all means

cuseguy

Living Legend
Outside of the first game after the dorms were built its never been enforced. As you know we get there 5 hours or so before game time and it's at least half full
It’s actually about 75 percent full. That lot should be almost fully open for tailgating. The atmosphere in those lots would be much better if there were actually fans parking there.

Consigliere

All Conference
Did you see my response from SU on post 26? I have no idea what it all means
Football parking is predicament two criteria. The first is your donor class. These are the levels described in the Donor Playbook and on the Donor Rank page of your MyCuse account on Cuse.com (Captain, Varsity, All-American, etc.). The second is your rank within that class as determined by your priority points.
Parking selection will be by donor rank. My expectation is that the cut line for Fine Lot will be somewhere within that Varsity Level with a likely rank between 1000 and 1500.

David is telling you that if you make an additional $250 donation you will move to the Varsity class passing the 1700+ people ahead of you within the current class. That would put you somewhere in the 1500s and in the mix for a West pass.

Actually a pretty elegant system that tries to balance current year giving with long term support. The new pricing structure with a donation component attached to virtually every season ticket credits even the lowest level fans with something which is completely new.

Unfortunately there will be some uncertainty. You will be at the mercy of donors ranked above you until they make their selections. Some of those donors are basketball only and not eligible for football parking. Carmelo is #1 and likely won't be joining our tailgate anytime soon. Conversely some will be entitled to multiple passes based on the number of seats t g eye hold. 5 seasons entitles you to two passes, 9 to 3 passes. We don't know yet what the going in inventory will be - number of spots per lot but I'm working on that.

The thing I really don't like is at this point they intend to repeat the selection process every year with the same uncertainties. I have stressed that can have a negative impact on the tailgating community, especially large groups like ours. Think I am being heard but we'll see what transpires.

Finally it's true that some of the junior ticket reps have struggled to fully understand the system. They have been going through almost daily training and are getting better but if your contact can't explain clearly just let them know it's still unclear to you and ask to speak with someone more senior. My contact, Connor, has it down cold now and will give a pretty detailed estimate of what your situation will be while qualifying it with some of the unknowns I mention above.

Feel free to give me a call to discuss further. Looks like I will be off the road theme next two weeks and have time to chat more.

Cusenewbie

Walk On
Guess we just need to call up Carmelo and asked him to buy a bunch of parking passes for the Fine lot and donate them to us! Problem solved!

Top Bottom