Parking Lot Name Changes | Syracusefan.com

Parking Lot Name Changes

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Please be aware as of May 12, 2019, many of the Syracuse University parking lot names and designation codes have changed, to be consistent with the surrounding building or street.

If you have had season parking or parked in some of those lots for many years, it can be confusing. As one example, the Stadium parking lot name and code (STDM) now applies to a different lot location, and the Stadium parking lot has been renamed to Raynor (RAY).

We strongly encourage you to click here to view the new parking maps and directions, so you are aware of the changes for the upcoming football parking selection process and season.

Please contact your account representative with any questions you may have.

http://carrierdome.com/media/documents/2019/5/2019_NEW_Football_Parking_r1.pdf

The FINE lot is now designated WEST (Henry).

The old DOME lot next to Sadler is now the new STDM lot.

Psst, SU - text on a black background hurts my brain.

Does this mean that SU is leasing spaces from the VA this year? If so, that's a good idea.

I just wish they’d announce whether or not season parking pass participants can stay in the lot they’ve had for several years or if they have to migrate to the Dome from one of the hinterland lots.:mad:

I just wish they’d announce whether or not season parking pass participants can stay in the lot they’ve had for several years or if they have to migrate to the Dome from one of the hinterland lots.:mad:
pretty sure its completely based off donor rank

On Wednesday, May 22, Syracuse Athletics will communicate your designated parking selection time slot. The date and time you receive is based on your Donor Rank as of May 15.

Parking selection begins on Wednesday, May 29 and runs through Wednesday, June 12.

Reactions: FAL
pretty sure its completely based off donor rank

I understand that, but viewing your rank doesn’t tell you squat as to where you will be able to park your car.

I understand that, but viewing your rank doesn’t tell you squat as to where you will be able to park your car.
i have no idea where you parked in past years so i will use mine for an example i am around 4000 in donor rank and have parked in UAG and i believe i will be ok to keep parking there

i have no idea where you parked in past years so i will use mine for an example i am around 4000 in donor rank and have parked in UAG and i believe i will be ok to keep parking there

I’m around 2200. But when I asked my sales rep if I would be able to renew my spot in one of the West lots, I was given “I’m really not sure” for an answer. If I have to move, fine, but give me a definitive answer instead of dancing around the damn subject! (That last sentence was not directed at you...I aimed it up the Hill.)

I noticed in the small print on the new map...the VA garage will open 2 hrs before kickoff to pass holders. I'm sure this won't affect DoD ID cardholders though...only those entering with a FB parking pass.

I’m around 2200. But when I asked my sales rep if I would be able to renew my spot in one of the West lots, I was given “I’m really not sure” for an answer. If I have to move, fine, but give me a definitive answer instead of dancing around the damn subject! (That last sentence was not directed at you...I aimed it up the Hill.)

They're not dancing around it...there's no way for them to know the answer.

The 2200 people ahead of you are going to get to pick what lot they want before you do. If all 2200 of them want to go to Manley and Skytop, you're good. If all 2200 of them want the West lots, you're moving. In reality, it will fall somewhere in between (including some of those 2200 that don't even have football parking passes). There's absolutely no way for anyone to know where you're going to park until you select your spot.

They're not dancing around it...there's no way for them to know the answer.

The 2200 people ahead of you are going to get to pick what lot they want before you do. If all 2200 of them want to go to Manley and Skytop, you're good. If all 2200 of them want the West lots, you're moving. In reality, it will fall somewhere in between (including some of those 2200 that don't even have football parking passes). There's absolutely no way for anyone to know where you're going to park until you select your spot.
Remember that number you list is within your giving level, not the total number of givers. I just read my donor rank and my rank is within a certain group. Group number one gives $50,000 or more a year and so on. There are 9 giving groups and your rank falls within YOUR group. There’s no way to guess where you might fall when all levels are included.

Last edited:
Remember that number you list is within your giving level, not the total number of givers. I just read my donor rank and my rank is within a certain group. Group number one gives $50,000 or more a year and so on. There are 9 giving groups and your rank falls within YOUR group. There’s no way to guess where you might fall.

They give you both numbers. The large number next to your name is your overall rank among all donors. Down below that it says "Donor rank #a of b", where a is your overall rank and b is the total number of overall donors. Below that it says "Rank within (your giving level) #x of y", where x is your rank within your giving level and y is the number of people in that level.

I feel like I just wrote the intro to an SAT question.

Why is there an ESF lot that is just unused on game days? They cant figure out a way to get that in the fold? The damn thing is always empty

So is your #of years as a season ticket holder taken into consideration? My family has has season tickets for over 20 years and have always parked in Manley

So is your #of years as a season ticket holder taken into consideration? My family has has season tickets for over 20 years and have always parked in Manley

My understanding is that seniority is not a factor but rather it is individually calibrated based on donor rank. It sounds crazy that seniority isnt in there somewhere but if you look at page 6 of the donor playbook i just dont see it

My understanding is that seniority is not a factor but rather it is individually calibrated based on donor rank. It sounds crazy that seniority isnt in there somewhere but if you look at page 6 of the donor playbook i just dont see it

It seems they went out of their way to make it confusing... :confused: