Parking question (overnight) | Syracusefan.com

Parking question (overnight)

adk(roc)CUSE

All Conference
(OK, let me try this again. On the proper board)

Some old friends and I meet up each year for a football and a couple basketball games. I come in from Rochester and the others from all around. While we uber to the basketball games (or Marshall pregame is more likely) we like to tailgate for football. Because that's what you do for football. This year it will be the Clemson game. We usually set up in the lots behind Marshal Square Mall over by the bank.

However, at 45 I have finally come to the age where I simply refuse to drive after 5 hours of pregame and sucking down suds in the dome for 3 more. Do any of those lots allow overnight parking, that way we can just uber back to the motel and pick up my vehicle in the morning? I'm guessing not but figured I'd ask.

Lol. I already moved your other post from the b-ball board. I’ll delete that one.

Some old friends and I meet up each year for a football and a couple basketball games. I come in from Rochester and the others from all around. While we uber to the basketball games (or Marshall pregame is more likely) we like to tailgate for football. Because that's what you do for football. This year it will be the Clemson game. We usually set up in the lots behind Marshal Square Mall over by the bank.

However, at 45 I have finally come to the age where I simply refuse to drive after 5 hours of pregame and sucking down suds in the dome for 3 more. Do any of those lots allow overnight parking, that way we can just uber back to the motel and pick up my vehicle in the morning? I'm guessing not but figured I'd ask.
That's actually an interesting question. Something tells me the answer is no, you cant leave the car there and get it later, but it begs the question...someone walks out realizing they have had too much to drink...maybe they didnt intend to. But they dont want to drive. What options do they have?

Sounds like this is possible but requires some contact with SU.

I would contact parking and transit services at the link provided,

Get a room at the Sheraton. Park in the garage. Find a tailgate somewhere. I'd assume most would let you join in. I think you could even just walk a block over and set something of your own up in Walnut Park.

There’s free odd-even parking on the side streets near Manley that I always use in case I need to leave my car overnight. If one of you parks at Skytop or gets a pass for the Manley lot there’s fun tailgating and your car can sit overnight as long as you park on the correct side of the street.

My group tailgates in the lot on the corner of Harrison and University and I’ve never had any issues leaving my car overnight. We used to be able to pay the day of but now it’s season passes. You might be able to get individual game passes from the school though.

I really wonder if any of the lots have an issue on weekends with cars left over night during fball season.. once snow starts i can see where they would.

they dont even empty these lots before games start.

anyone have any opinion on parking at mount olympus lot? Justy in case the west lots are completely sold out next week when parking upgrade goes live

I have parked there the last 2 yrs.. the first year wasnt great as several games there were no spots.. the 2nd yr was much better. easy quick walk to the dome and very quick out after games. still they have an issue with people parking without permits..

What I found was that people who work at SU and have valid SU permits were parking up there for games. They seemed to have cracked down a bit the 2nd yr i was there.

just have to be willing to walk the steps back up as there are many steps to deal with.

the friday games are the ones where they will still have issues..

the games where we tailgated on the quad it was nice to get in quickly.

We used to leave our car overnight all the time. Never an issue.

looking at parking upgrade preview for me there are several west stadium lots with parking available so id think i will be good when im otc on wednesday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom