Pat and JB | Syracusefan.com

Pat and JB

Doesn’t sound like the old Pat that used to scream at us post game on WAER, must have kids now.

Don’t love him calling out the transfers by name, but the sentiment rings true: grass isn’t always greener. Doesn’t make their decisions wrong, but kids should think twice before thinking a transfer will solve their woes

JB mentions other schools lack of a plan, none of those schools had the oldest active head coach, lol. Kind of a big detail there and not an apples to apples comparison.
As for his recruiting excuse, the old JB would have no fear recruiting over a player and letting him know, somebody is coming for your minutes. Wasn't that Autry over Michael Edwards?

Last edited:
Pat, '20 plus", called into Orange Nation today, (at the 1:04 mark). Jim Boeheim heard what he said and called in, (as scheduled, at the 1:36 mark):

Brought to you every week by…
It’s a feature.

Eh. That was a nothing burger. Pat didn’t really go off and JB and JB didn’t really go off on him. Both were calm and low key. I thought the JB interview was great.

Agreed, Jimmy’s interview was excellent. Offered good perspective on the transfers out and specifically why Bobby B left. He also showed appreciation for Benny sticking it out and not transferring out of frustration.

Cuse

Pat, '20 plus", called into Orange Nation today, (at the 1:04 mark). Jim Boeheim heard what he said and called in, (as scheduled, at the 1:36 mark):

Thanks for posting, Steve. No coaches show this Thursday?

No issues with anything he said really. Interesting he mocked Charlotte when they had a better record than us last year, but whatever, I guess

Thanks for posting, Steve. No coaches show this Thursday?

Doesn’t sound like the old Pat that used to scream at us post game on WAER, must have kids now.

Don’t love him calling out the transfers by name, but the sentiment rings true: grass isn’t always greener. Doesn’t make their decisions wrong, but kids should think twice before thinking a transfer will solve their woes
Kind of applies here but advice I've heard given to folks that want to change jobs is you still go with you. The new situation may not be the solution to your problems

Three things JB said that are incorrect. 1) I’m a 20+ year season-ticket holder 2) my call was all about the recruits knowing and I’m assuming they would need to know as I said if I was a father of a 16 year old boy which I’m not. 3) comparing SU to any other school is nonsense

JB mentions other schools lack of a plan, none of those schools had the oldest active head coach, lol. Kind of a big detail there and not an apples to apples comparison.
As for his recruiting excuse, the old JB would have no fear recruiting over a player and letting him know, somebody is coming for your minutes. Wasn't that Autry over Michael Edwards?
Exactly

20 plus year season ticket holder but he sounds stupid

He questioned if you were a season Tix holder. I wouldn’t expect him to remember who’s a season Tix holder.

Hamilton is 74. The others weren’t spring chickens. As to the recruits, he’s talking for the players standpoint, not his. He still tried to recruit guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom