Pat Beilein to Niagara

General20

Starter
Hearing rumors that LeMoyne coach has taken or will take the Niagara basketball job. As a Niagara alum this is a home run hire.
I'll be following Pat's career wherever he goes. I have a feeling it might be a good one.

I wonder if LeMoyne will consider Ryan Blackwell if Beilein leaves? I think he should jump straight into head coaching someplace if he can.

Sherman20

2018 Iggy Leading Scorer Winner
Hearing rumors that LeMoyne coach has taken or will take the Niagara basketball job. As a Niagara alum this is a home run hire.
Hope he does well there and can move up to a high mid-major. He could be a great JB replacement someday.

RF2044

Living Legend
I'll be following Pat's career wherever he goes. I have a feeling it might be a good one.

I wonder if LeMoyne will consider Ryan Blackwell if Beilein leaves? I think he should jump straight into head coaching someplace if he can.
That's an interesting idea. And remaining local would enable Blackwell to benefit in several ways -- recruiting, being able to "sell" a scrimmage engagement against Syracuse, etc.

Le Moyne would be an excellent place for him to take the next step. He's ready.

rrlbees

2017 ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
Staff member

When it looked like Beilein might go to Siena, I was banging the Blackwell to Lemoyne drum here. He would do well and it’s a nice next step.

shandeezy7

All American

I know that Ryan has high interest in the Le Moyne job when it becomes available. Another name to keep an eye on is Adam Stockwell. He's a former Le Moyne basketball player and currently the Head Coach of the men's basketball team at Hamilton College. Former head coach at Clarkson & Oswego, and was a former assistant coach at Canisius. He's had a good amount of success at the collegiate level, including leading Hamilton to the DIII Sweet 16 the past two seasons.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Magistrate
I know that Ryan has high interest in the Le Moyne job when it becomes available. Another name to keep an eye on is Adam Stockwell. He's a former Le Moyne basketball player and currently the Head Coach of the men's basketball team at Hamilton College. Former head coach at Clarkson & Oswego, and was a former assistant coach at Canisius. He's had a good amount of success at the collegiate level, including leading Hamilton to the DIII Sweet 16 the past two seasons.
I threw out Stockwell's name last year. I don't know his situation but I would think it's a no brainer that he wouldn't be looked at as a serious candidate.

shandeezy7

All American
I threw out Stockwell's name last year. I don't know his situation but I would think it's a no brainer that he wouldn't be looked at as a serious candidate.
Yeah I would say it's almost a guarantee that he would be a candidate.

IthacaMatt

Living Legend
Sounds like a good gig for him. Not too much pressure. Still local, more or less. Best of luck!

dollarbill44

All American
Rick Pitino
Hop
Buzz
Red
Oates
Pitino = no. Too old at this point. Too much baggage.
Hop ain't happening. Why can't people understand that?
Buzz, also ain't happening. He is too big a name right now.
Red= you won't hire a guy in PB that has been a head coach for a while but you'd hire an assistant?
Oates= no thanks. Not a fan of his antics.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom