Pat Beilein to Niagara | Syracusefan.com

Pat Beilein to Niagara

Hearing rumors that LeMoyne coach has taken or will take the Niagara basketball job. As a Niagara alum this is a home run hire.

I'll be following Pat's career wherever he goes. I have a feeling it might be a good one.

I wonder if LeMoyne will consider Ryan Blackwell if Beilein leaves? I think he should jump straight into head coaching someplace if he can.

Hearing rumors that LeMoyne coach has taken or will take the Niagara basketball job. As a Niagara alum this is a home run hire.
Hope he does well there and can move up to a high mid-major. He could be a great JB replacement someday.

I'll be following Pat's career wherever he goes. I have a feeling it might be a good one.

I wonder if LeMoyne will consider Ryan Blackwell if Beilein leaves? I think he should jump straight into head coaching someplace if he can.

That's an interesting idea. And remaining local would enable Blackwell to benefit in several ways -- recruiting, being able to "sell" a scrimmage engagement against Syracuse, etc.

Le Moyne would be an excellent place for him to take the next step. He's ready.

When it looked like Beilein might go to Siena, I was banging the Blackwell to Lemoyne drum here. He would do well and it’s a nice next step.

I know that Ryan has high interest in the Le Moyne job when it becomes available. Another name to keep an eye on is Adam Stockwell. He's a former Le Moyne basketball player and currently the Head Coach of the men's basketball team at Hamilton College. Former head coach at Clarkson & Oswego, and was a former assistant coach at Canisius. He's had a good amount of success at the collegiate level, including leading Hamilton to the DIII Sweet 16 the past two seasons.

I know that Ryan has high interest in the Le Moyne job when it becomes available. Another name to keep an eye on is Adam Stockwell. He's a former Le Moyne basketball player and currently the Head Coach of the men's basketball team at Hamilton College. Former head coach at Clarkson & Oswego, and was a former assistant coach at Canisius. He's had a good amount of success at the collegiate level, including leading Hamilton to the DIII Sweet 16 the past two seasons.
I threw out Stockwell's name last year. I don't know his situation but I would think it's a no brainer that he wouldn't be looked at as a serious candidate.

I threw out Stockwell's name last year. I don't know his situation but I would think it's a no brainer that he wouldn't be looked at as a serious candidate.

Yeah I would say it's almost a guarantee that he would be a candidate.

Sounds like a good gig for him. Not too much pressure. Still local, more or less. Best of luck!

Rick Pitino
Hop
Buzz
Red
Oates
Pitino = no. Too old at this point. Too much baggage.
Hop ain't happening. Why can't people understand that?
Buzz, also ain't happening. He is too big a name right now.
Red= you won't hire a guy in PB that has been a head coach for a while but you'd hire an assistant?
Oates= no thanks. Not a fan of his antics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom