Path for international basketball players at Syracuse requires patience, hope | Syracusefan.com

Path for international basketball players at Syracuse requires patience, hope

I'd be shocked if this all gets done in time for the Italy trip. :oops:

I have big concerns about that also which would be very disappointing

As I recall the Clearinghouse never had much trouble clearing Canadian kids compared to other countries - Quebec may be a different animal though. It's a strange place up there.

I have slow internet and can't read the article right now. But I recall there being an extra step with Guerrier because his transcripts are in French and have to get translated. But that seems like something that should be relatively easy/quick to do... unless the NCAA doesn't trust the translation? Numbers are numbers and Google Translate - let alone a bona fide professional translator - would probably get the class names close enough to figure out what the US equivalent is, no?

The student Visa should be a non-issue, but who knows with the current state of immigration affairs (not trying to be political).

NCAA TV Commercial, 'Student Athletes'

vampire-crucifix.jpg

I have slow internet and can't read the article right now. But I recall there being an extra step with Guerrier because his transcripts are in French and have to get translated. But that seems like something that should be relatively easy/quick to do... unless the NCAA doesn't trust the translation? Numbers are numbers and Google Translate - let alone a bona fide professional translator - would probably get the class names close enough to figure out what the US equivalent is, no?

The student Visa should be a non-issue, but who knows with the current state of immigration affairs (not trying to be political).

The article doesn’t mention anything like that. He still has a class to pass.

That is why you can't get caught up in who will be here and who won't. Until a Frosh arrives on campus and starts practicing, I don't assume he will be here.

Not feeling too good he will be on the Italy trip. Just hope he makes it in the fall.

Guerrier still has work to do to get here? Damn.

Yeah, I'll count him on the roster when he gets in the country and the NCAA approve his transacripts.

People been saying "it's a formality. just needs one class..."

Hopefully that's just it, but he still has the usual hirdles to clear.

Eh, that's the trouble though - the US equivalent has to be made. Students often take their classes in a different sequence in another country, so sometimes what would count was taken before it can be counted. That can create a gap at the end (like kids that take Algebra/Biology in 8th grade...) and then only take two more years of Math/Science. They may need to look at curriculum, etc. to evaluate a class, and getting that can take time. Who knows. If our compliance is on top of it, it shouldn't be a problem though with the Clearinghouse...we're Syracuse, we should have the resources.

Every year I care less and less because of all the BS.

He’s our best recruit. It’s always something. And the decision always seems to take 500 years.

There’s no decision to be made. He’s a course short. Even his coach said that in the spring.