Class of 2020 - Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you bring these kids in, who do you ask to leave?

wait and see who is planning to come back, but there are easily 2 guys that I would be willing to trade up on.

It doesn’t do us any good to stock guys on the bench for tomorrow if we don’t have guys capable of playing today.

We currently have 3 guards, 2 centers and 1 forward on scholarship that JB doesn’t trust to play. And many of us here would argue that those guys are being kept on the bench by guys that aren’t truly better than role player caliber themselves.

Based on the discussion here, which centers around bringing in new guys that can help immediately, most of us don’t believe the developmental guys on the bench are going to step up and fill roles that need to be filled adequately next year.

If guys are available that can help, bring them in and start cutting the guys with less upside.

Last edited:
Kids get better. Or at least they should. I think Buddy is a better player this year than he was last year. I think he will get better. So will Joe G. Marek does a few things more than he did in the past. Hughes is definitely a better player now. The young centers will be better. Probably not Sidibe. He may have topped out for whatever reasons. Having said that, if we don't at least try for this kid, I think it is a solid reason for dismissal. This kid could help us. That is enough right there. But a center that can score and grab an actual rebound could be the difference between a winning team and a losing team. It was yesterday.
a rebound in the second half definitely would have helped yesterday.

LOL! Kids who go to Harvard and Columbia aren't going to paypal cal...Duke sure but they probably can't guarantee PT.

Reid Travis left Stanford for Kentucky last year after being named 1st team all Pac-12 twice, does that count?

Reid Travis left Stanford for Kentucky last year after being named 1st team all Pac-12 twice, does that count?
Not really Stanford is more of a Duke than a Harvard or a Columbia, but I would be worried if Stanford was in the mix for either one of these kids.

I like his game but not sure JB is going to get a center to transfer in, he has 3 centers on the roster already. Not sure he is a PF type. I think the need for a scoring wing is more of a priority.

I like his game but not sure JB is going to get a center to transfer in, he has 3 centers on the roster already. Not sure he is a PF type. I think the need for a scoring wing is more of a priority.

On the surface, it seems unlikely Coach would go after another center. However, the fact he reached out to Tape at all speaks volumes about what he thinks he'll get from Sidibe and the 2 kids next season.

The Thorpe fiasco made him hesitant about grad transfers. But I think he remembers how White/Gillon worked out in 2016-17. That NIT season was a disappointment. But without those two, it's conceivable SU's streak of winning seasons would have ended back then. If Hughes leaves as expected, you can argue SU will be even more desperate for help in 2020-21 than they were 4 years ago.

Tape's very early listing of USC, Arizona, and VT as possibilities is ominous. Tape went to Columbia for a reason, so maybe he can be talked into moving upstate. I agree the scoring wing is vital, so they need to bring in more than one transfer...someone like Towns from Harvard. The staff can not be lukewarm on this. If they really want these guys they have to push strong because you know the competition will.

not saying he can’t help us but what is the big deal about those stats in the Ivy League? And he was honorable mention.

Think Red coached him at the USA East Coast Team trip to Greece, same team Jalen played on. So that might be the connection.

yes, he was on that team. Averaged 7ppg and 3rpg.

look at the production we're getting from our current bigs.

If he can truly help bring him in.

If he ends up being just another ineffectual big for us to roll out there and give fouls no thanks.

We already have 3 scholarships invested in developing a viable option at center and we still have to use Marek there.

Last edited:
Yeah we don’t need help at the 5.
Just pass let’s go with Sidibe, Edwards, JBA for next year.
My god we need more players for the position.
Nobody expects this kid to be Kareem.
Bring him in. It’s not like he would be here 4 years.
This is a good job by Jim Boeheim.

not saying he can’t help us but what is the big deal about those stats in the Ivy League? And he was honorable mention.
I think this is a scenario where we just put our trust in Red. He got to see him firsthand alongside other athletes. Must believe he can give us something.

If he can truly help bring him in.

If he ends up being just another ineffectual big for us to roll out there and give fouls no thanks.

We already have 3 scholarships invested in developing a viable option at center and we still have to use Marek there.

Yea, 4 centers isn’t ideal.

Yeah we don’t need help at the 5.
Just pass let’s go with Sidibe, Edwards, JBA for next year.
My god we need more players for the position.
Nobody expects this kid to be Kareem.
Bring him in. It’s not like he would be here 4 years.
This is a good job by Jim Boeheim.

This...
BS development stunted w knee issues
JE, very weak if you watched him in last nights game
JBA, not good enough to avoid a redhsirt
MD hes a 3/4 not a center
Need another option or else we continue to be in mediocrity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members