Army
Navy
Lehigh
American
Boston U
Bucknell
Holy Cross
Lafayette

Total overreaction. Take 2 weeks off if necessary but there screwing a bunch of programs and thousands of players.

There not only fing up this year but next season is now going to be a total cluster freek. This will be a disaster.

When SU beats Carolina by 28 in hoops, you just know something is up.

Honestly, someone needs to do something, and since the federal government has abdicated all responsibility, its up to to the private sector to enact policy and take the necessary precautions. If you want to get mad at anyone do not direct at the schools or athletic departments.

A true cluster F$)(#$ is what is happening in Italy right now, where the entire country is shut down. We are currently one week behind them in terms of diagnosing new cases. And right now we have no idea how many people actually have the virus.

Honestly, someone needs to do something, and since the federal government has abdicated all responsibility, its up to to the private sector to enact policy and take the necessary precautions. If you want to get mad at anyone do not direct at the schools or athletic departments.

A true cluster F$)(#$ is what is happening in Italy right now, where the entire country is shut down. We are currently one week behind them in terms of diagnosing new cases. And right now we have no idea how many people actually have the virus.
We've done waaay more then Italy has as a nation.
Every company I work has employees working from home, the university 2 streets from me is on extended break, and all school distracts have plans in place. Local hospitals near me have set up contentment units and extra beds.
Kind of bad to compare us to Italy.

Total overreaction. Take 2 weeks off if necessary but there screwing a bunch of programs and thousands of players.

You keep saying this. I dont know if you are right or wrong, but what do you think changes in two weeks?

IMO, this will get worse before it gets better, and it wont be better by June.

What responsibility have they abdicated? I'm curious.

Back to the OT, the season is going to be cancelled which sucks for many of the kids involved especially those that are seniors. The NCAA should be proposing an extra year of eligibility for everyone impacted by this. Baseball will likely see their seasons cancelled as well. Many are trying to go pro and won't have an additional year to showcase their talent.

Back to the OT, the season is going to be cancelled which sucks for many of the kids involved especially those that are seniors. The NCAA should be proposing an extra year of eligibility for everyone impacted by this. Baseball will likely see their seasons cancelled as well. Many are trying to go pro and won't have an additional year to showcase their talent.

In regards to responsibility I would say administering tests right now is very important, and quite simply we are way behind. South Korea can administration drive thru testing right now and CDC has said they will not follow suit. That to me is an abdication of responsibility. I guess we could get into an debate about the responsibilities of government, but I think keeping citizens safe is extremely high on that list.

I should not have brought politics into this thread, but I do think its important to follow experts on public health, and this one (former FDA chief) is calling for drastic measures. I think the whole thread is worth reading to understand exactly what we are dealing with.

Every company I work has employees working from home, the university 2 streets from me is on extended break, and all school distracts have plans in place. Local hospitals near me have set up contentment units and extra beds.

That is great to hear your community is taking those precautions, it makes me feel better! I wish I could say the same for my community to be be honest. Here is the graph I should have included to show what I meant by comparing us to Italy. I don't mean to be a scaremonger, but this stuff has be taken seriously.

In regards to responsibility I would say administering tests right now is very important, and quite simply we are way behind. South Korea can administration drive thru testing right now and CDC has said they will not follow suit. That to me is an abdication of responsibility. I guess we could get into an debate about the responsibilities of government, but I think keeping citizens safe is extremely high on that list.

I should not have brought politics into this thread, but I do think its important to follow experts on public health, and this one (former FDA chief) is calling for drastic measures. I think the whole thread is worth reading to understand exactly what we are dealing with.

I just can't be driven into panic and hysteria by this. The only anger I have is towards my portfolio which has been ravaged due to the virus. I'm working from home and will live my life accordingly. Just have to be smarter about how you move. I watched the towers fall and was back at school two days later.

Regarding Italy, the EU is a free movement zone and they did nothing at all. The United States installed quarantines at 11 major airports on the West and East Coasts as well as the South. In addition to that, the private sector has done their part to mitigate any spread by banning flights to and from China, limiting in office work and sanitizing spaces when empty. Do you want us under Marshal Law or having our doors welded shut like they did in the Far East?

That is great to hear your community is taking those precautions, it makes me feel better! I wish I could say the same for my community to be be honest. Here is the graph I should have included to show what I meant by comparing us to Italy. I don't mean to be a scaremonger, but this stuff has be taken seriously.

ah yes that makes more sense now, thanks for sharing.

Well for starters we're scraping the bottom in testing among affected countries (4k+ individuals tested, or 26 tpm). And in 2018, our crisis response teams at the DOD, CDC and NSC were gutted along with 15B in funding.

1584032913056.png

Last edited:

My office building of 400 has been closed and working remotely for a week. Office was back open today with the option to work from home which I chose. Local schools have told teachers to start preparing for distance learning. I don't really know what else can be done. I think local municipalities, govs, hospitals, businesses are preparing the best they can. There's a lot of moving parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom