Patriots' "eligible Tackle" maneuver | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Patriots' "eligible Tackle" maneuver

There is no such thing as the spirit of a rule. Either something is a rule or it isn't. The rest is sour grapes.
Spirit of the rule = you knew something I didn't and got the better of me by it, therefore I am upset.

There is no such thing as the spirit of a rule. Either something is a rule or it isn't. The rest is sour grapes.
Sure...and that's why the league changed the rule less than 2 months after the season ended. The rule wasn't intended for the way the Patriots used it and no other team has used it that way before because it was deceptive and "low class."

But hey, just like Tom Brady said to the press after the game..."read the rulebook." He should have just taken his own advice after getting caught deflating footballs and covering it up,...read the rulebook Tom, oh and also read the CBA in which your own union gave Goodell all the power to suspend you and you can't stop it! HA HA!

Sure...and that's why the league changed the rule less than 2 months after the season ended. The rule wasn't intended for the way the Patriots used it and no other team has used it that way before because it was deceptive and "low class."

But hey, just like Tom Brady said to the press after the game..."read the rulebook." He should have just taken his own advice after getting caught deflating footballs and covering it up,...read the rulebook Tom, oh and also read the CBA in which your own union gave Goodell all the power to suspend you and you can't stop it! HA HA!
First, I'm not a Pats fan. Second, I wouldn't count any chickens just yet on the Brady front. Third, there is no such thing as a spirit of the rule. There are rules. Anything else is whining like a little girl. Like you just did.

The ball inflation "rules" are not in the rule book, and were not made available to players, so try again.

First, I'm not a Pats fan. Second, I wouldn't count any chickens just yet on the Brady front. .
Sure you aren't a Patriots fan :rolleyes:

Sure you aren't a Patriots fan :rolleyes:
I actually root for the Giants and actually have disdain for Tom Brady. But, and this is the important part, I stand up for injustice whenever I see it. I was once a victim of a kangaroo court. And I didn't like it. Didn't like the way we were treated by the NCAA either. You don't suspend someone for 4 games and fine them with stuff like more probable than not. I think Judge Berman will find that Goodall's penalty was arbitrary and will find for Brady. We shall see,

They broke the rules at least once by having the player who was to be ineligible do it wrong (Vereen)

He didn't join the huddle etc

They broke the rules at least once by having the player who was to be ineligible do it wrong (Vereen)

He didn't join the huddle etc

Again much like an illegal formation that was up to the officials to police. Teams break rules constantly throughout the game. It is up to the officials to identify it and penalize it.

Tobias Funke said:
Again much like an illegal formation that was up to the officials to police. Teams break rules constantly throughout the game. It is up to the officials to identify it and penalize it.

Not entirely accurate

They could/should have been assessed a 15-harder for blatant rules violation

It's in there somewhere

Not entirely accurate

It's in there somewhere
LOL No it wasn't. That is why they changed it after the season.

Not entirely accurate

It's in there somewhere

Now you are makng things up. In your example they had an illegal substitution 5 yarder if the ref calls it. They miss an illegal formation in every game. We appreciate your exhaustive research to find the one play where Vereen didn't report to the huddle but experts have said the concept was not illegal. The rule was changed so you should be happy. The unbelievable integrity that Goodell looks to uphold lives to fight another day.