Paulus may be the only Marrone QB we ever see start | Syracusefan.com

Paulus may be the only Marrone QB we ever see start

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
So this is kind of weird and relies on a lot of ifs, but given that Marrone brought Paulus (Marrone recruit) in as a one year starter, and none of the Marrone recruits at QB were able to unseat Nassib (GRob recruit) over his 3 years as a starter, if Allen (Shafer recruit) comes in and starts this season and then if Long (Shafer recruit) wins the job as a frosh or Kimble (Shafer recruit) wins the job as a redshirt frosh, then the only Marrone QB that ever started for Syracuse would have been none other than Greg Bonifacio Paulus.

I'd feel good about that, because I think Loeb, Kinder, Hunt, Wilson (Marrone recruit) and Broyld if you count him all represented good upside guys to have at the QB spot and there's probably a decent QB or two in that mix capable of leading an offense to a bowl game.

Who knows how it will shake out though.

My, but you think deep thoughts in that grotto of yours.

Good chance that Hunt is a starter at some point, to upset one set of "ifs" in your list.

The larger point is that Marrone brought success on the field by building with the guys in the program (Nassib and Pugh being prime examples), rather than through great success in recruiting. He built with size & toughness, rather than flash.

Interesting contrast with Marrone's start with the Bills -- in the recent draft, the Bills went with a QB and two WRs in 3 of their first 4 choices.

My expectation is that when the dust settles this year, that Drew Allen will be the starter. But that Hunt will be the prohibitive favorite to start the next two suqsequent years, building the bridge to AJ Long [of whomever got "next"].

My expectation is that when the dust settles this year, that Drew Allen will be the starter. But that Hunt will be the prohibitive favorite to start the next two suqsequent years, building the bridge to AJ Long [of whomever got "next"].

My expectation is that SU, like the majority of programs, will not get through this season with one QB taking all the snaps.

Nassib was a phenom of durability, and there wasn't someone in the wings ready to go.

My expectation is that SU, like the majority of programs, will not get through this season with one QB taking all the snaps.

Nassib was a phenom of durability, and there wasn't someone in the wings ready to go.
There's a lot to be said for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom