Pay side... | Syracusefan.com

Pay side...

Orangepace

2018 Cali Winner: Tackles
Serious question.. Why hasn't a pay side been brought on? Say $100/year. Easily half of those online right at this moment would likely join and pay. Wouldn't that allow the site to add a beat writer full-time, say $60K? Beat writer would focus 100% of their energies on SU and put up articles. Articles drive more traffic to allow for increased ad revenue to offset additional costs for expanded traffic.

I'm not in media or advertising, so maybe I'm wrong, but just a thought.

We've polled this question before, and got maybe 40 people willing to pay. And ... We've been with three networks for multiple years, and each has said we didn't generate enough revenue to support a pay side.

Bottom line: - A pay side would offer nothing that can't be found elsewhere, and I have no interest in risking my money to see if it would work.

As it now stands, I am chasing each dollar just to pay past and current bills. If you'd like to back a pay side, send me a PM ... You can keep 100% of the revenue :)

tom, have you thought of putting up a tip jar or running an annual fund drive?

tom, have you thought of putting up a tip jar or running an annual fund drive?

Uh-uh, I don't tip.

I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.

Uh-uh, I don't tip.

I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.
More often than not, waiters and waitresses in a typical place usually make under minimum wage. Tips help get them up to minimum wage.

That being said, we could have had the IPF years earlier if Tristy had pooled his tips for a month or two and sent it to SUA. ;)

More often than not, waiters and waitresses in a typical place usually make under minimum wage. Tips help get them up to minimum wage.

That being said, we could have had the IPF years earlier if Tristy had pooled his tips for a month or two and sent it to SUA. ;)

Lol I was just quoting a movie (see video) I'm a good tipper. Good tips = get my beers faster

I thought everybody would get that right away. Love that scene.

I put the video up, because I didn't want people to not get it, and think I was an a$$hole lol

I just looked at the video again and realized what it was. Sorry, didn't mean to be a .

I just looked at the video again and realized what it was. Sorry, didn't mean to be a .

You Weren't being and . if I saw my post and thought it was serious, I'd respond the same way. I'd be lost without my bartenders and servers.

You Weren't being and . if I saw my post and thought it was serious, I'd respond the same way. I'd be lost without my bartenders and servers.

Then there must be something wrong with me since I got it! My wife always gets pissed when I reply to her with a movie line.

If you know where to look you will find a pay side......

I thought everybody would get that right away. Love that scene.
Same here... Watched that movie last night. Bravo Tarantino... but what have you done to yourself?!?!

Serious question.. Why hasn't a pay side been brought on? Say $100/year. Easily half of those online right at this moment would likely join and pay. Wouldn't that allow the site to add a beat writer full-time, say $60K? Beat writer would focus 100% of their energies on SU and put up articles. Articles drive more traffic to allow for increased ad revenue to offset additional costs for expanded traffic.

I'm not in media or advertising, so maybe I'm wrong, but just a thought.
This a good post OP . Articles in recruiting are always desireable and worth the $ if the news is relatively new.

This a good post OP . Articles in recruiting are always desireable and worth the $ if the news is relatively new.

I'll need 800 people to send me $100 each to get things started. Anyone who wants to send me $100 knowing nothing will happen until 800 people do so ... reply here and I post my PayPal address :)

I'll need 800 people to send me $100 each to get things started. Anyone who wants to send me $100 knowing nothing will happen until 800 people do so ... reply here and I post my PayPal address :)

I hate the pay side.

I think we should charge more. I know the immediate thought is "What you mean We kimosabee"?Think big and lets go to the White House. I will require a chief of Staff and my first choice died last Thanksgiving. I still haven't gotten over that event. A devastating loss in my life.Dave was my best friend.