Pegasus Today: chrome or arrogate? | Syracusefan.com

Pegasus Today: chrome or arrogate?

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
Head tells me arrogate Heart tells me chrome. 2 horse race. 12 mil purse

Arrogate dominates from that post. Will try to beat Chrome underneath in exacta for some value using Neolithic.

Last edited:
I heard Arrogate training got messed up with foot issus and the rain out west but has been looking good last week.

I'm thinking CC with the shorter distance goes out a bit harder and Arrogate doesnt get it done..

But to make money throwing Arrogate out of the mix completely.

figured of them was gonna be a bust.. threw the wrong one out. might actually pay decent

figured of them was gonna be a bust.. threw the wrong one out. might actually pay decent

Yep I did the same, I had shaman ghost as the #2 but had chrome winning. I figured one wouldn't run just had wrong horse that didn't. Exacta paid $33 I think.

Chrome was empty whole way, seemed odd, something was off for sure

it would have been interesting to see if Chrome had run better what happened in the turn since Chrome had Arrogate in a pretty bad spot down the backside, but CC just fell apart right when it needed to really hold the box

it would have been interesting to see if Chrome had run better what happened in the turn since Chrome had Arrogate in a pretty bad spot down the backside, but CC just fell apart right when it needed to really hold the box

Yeah for sure. Somebody going to have to step up to challenge arrogate moving forward. So so sick of baffert and mike smith. Espinoza as well

Yeah for sure. Somebody going to have to step up to challenge arrogate moving forward. So so sick of baffert and mike smith. Espinoza as well
Will we ever see Arrogate race again?

Will we ever see Arrogate race again?

Sounded like that was the plan, they were going to take a look at the Dubai world cup in April, maybe Pacific Classic this summer, Breeders Cup Classic then probably breeding shed, didn't sound like they were in a hurry to retire him though. Issue will be Arrogate is a Unbridled Sing colt and he isn't known for being the most durable of stallions, I am sure they will proceed cautiously but sounds like we will see him run at least 3-4 more times, who knows maybe more if he stays sound which shouldn't be an issue at this point as he will be lightly raced wherever he goes from here.

Amazing animal to say the least. Have to remember that most of these owners will look to preserve a once in a life time horse and their investment. Which makes what with the owner's did with Cal Chrome the exception not the rule. Be interesting how Chrome fares as a stallion, most are somewhat skeptical but we shall see

Last edited: