Penn St faced 4 year death penalty | Syracusefan.com

Penn St faced 4 year death penalty

Orangemen

All Conference
Whoa. Now that would have been harsh.

Wonder if th BOT geniuses will finally shut up.

As a side note, this hasn't been a really strong year for college BoT's in general. First all the quotes about changing conferences and complaining about tv deals, now these PSU idiots.

This really got me:

Another trustee said there is a growing movement among some trustees to attempt to challenge the consent decree in court.
"They've destroyed the school, as far as I'm concerned," this trustee said. "Think of the innocent players hurt by this. They had nothing to do with this and they have to pay the price."

What about the children who were abused who are no longer innocent??! Get some perspective you crazy arseholes!!

Also, if the Ped St BOT challenge this in court and it gets overturned...watch the NCAA come back and say, you guys still don't get it, well maybe you will understand a 4 year death penalty and the BOT will not have a choice in that one!! They need to take their medicine, suck it up and shut the hell up!!!

There's a part of me that hopes they challenge the ruling as they just don't get it. Amazing but they don't. The more PSU alumni / trustee's etc speak the more I think that program should be shut down for "x" years as they just don't understand why the sanctions were imposed.

Warning - this turned into far more of a rant than I expected, but this really is the only place I have to vent this since I don't know many people who are following this as closely as we are here.

I don't know if my feelings are justified, but everything that Penn State and its fan community has done since last November has made me hate it. Beyond just a sports hatred (see Georgetown) which I never had with PSU. Seeing the what true scumbags Paterno and the rest of their leadership were in allowing Sandusky to run rampant for decades, coupled with their students' rioting in support of that pathetic example of a human being, the idiots praying in front of his house...to now. My God, a trustee called the NCAA executive council "pansies." A ing trustee!

And now aside from the video of the moron calling this his "9/11" they have people on their boards comparing this to the Nazis going after the Jews in the Holocaust (to be fair, he was shot down by actual PSU fans and not the fans of other teams trying to bring perspective to the cesspools that is their S, R and Blackshoediaries/SB Nation boards) and a lynching. Morons who want to say "goodbye" to a ing statue. Seriously. These completely clueless idiots feel like they were victimized because they didn't get to say goodbye to an inanimate object glorifying a man who enabled a pedophile to rape dozens of children for God knows how long, though I imagine it was certainly long before 1998. People proclaiming the greatness of Joe Paterno and ignoring common sense and using the most insane twisted logic to proclaim their deity innocent of everything. If there was a video of Joe repeatedly stabbing Sue with a butcher knife these fools would find a way to twist it and argue that Sue repeated ran into the knife.

I hate Mike McQuearey for acting like a boy and running to his daddy and for not speaking up to anyone when he saw Sandusky hanging around the football facilities, going to games, volunteering at high schools. Seriously? I hope the image of that boy that he didn't save in any way being raped is burned into his every night before he goes to sleep and every morning when he wakes up.

I hate the football players at PSU whining that they're being victimized. you. Seriously. The only victims are the kids Sandusky raped. I realize they're young, but they're old enough to have some perspective in life. And if the "Penn State Way" wasn't anything more than bullshit then these guys would have that perspective.

The Paterno family adds to my disdain. My God - they somehow think that this is about them. Honestly, the idea of Sue Paterno weeping over the vacated wins kind of puts a smile on my face. And I hate that because I know that's a shitty feeling to have. Is that what I've become: happy that an old widow is feeling pain? But yes, reading their message boards and the tone deaf family press releases and the insane statements from their trustees to the press has caused me to find a measure of happiness in the misery of an old widow I have never met. I hate that almost as much as I've come to hate Penn State. I'm sure there are some good people associated with that cult, but I haven't seen any. Even a coworker/friend of mine who was reasonable up to monday has now started with the whole "THE NCAA IS EVIL!!! EMMERT IS AN IDIOT!!! WE HAVE TO FIGHT!!! bs that is coming from their internet community and brought on by their trustees.

Not enough bad things could happen to that football program, because that is the only thing that embarrassment of a university (its fans, alumni, administration) cares about.

Warning - this turned into far more of a rant than I expected, but this really is the only place I have to vent this since I don't know many people who are following this as closely as we are here.

I don't know if my feelings are justified, but everything that Penn State and its fan community has done since last November has made me hate it. Beyond just a sports hatred (see Georgetown) which I never had with PSU. Seeing the what true scumbags Paterno and the rest of their leadership were in allowing Sandusky to run rampant for decades, coupled with their students' rioting in support of that pathetic example of a human being, the idiots praying in front of his house...to now. My God, a trustee called the NCAA executive council "pansies." A ******* trustee!

And now aside from the video of the moron calling this his "9/11" they have people on their boards comparing this to the Nazis going after the Jews in the Holocaust (to be fair, he was shot down by actual PSU fans and not the fans of other teams trying to bring perspective to the cesspools that is their S, R and Blackshoediaries/SB Nation boards) and a lynching. Morons who want to say "goodbye" to a ******* statue. Seriously. These completely clueless idiots feel like they were victimized because they didn't get to say goodbye to an inanimate object glorifying a man who enabled a pedophile to rape dozens of children for God knows how long, though I imagine it was certainly long before 1998. People proclaiming the greatness of Joe Paterno and ignoring common sense and using the most insane twisted logic to proclaim their deity innocent of everything. If there was a video of Joe repeatedly stabbing Sue with a butcher knife these fools would find a way to twist it and argue that Sue repeated ran into the knife.

I hate Mike McQuearey for acting like a boy and running to his daddy and for not speaking up to anyone when he saw Sandusky hanging around the football facilities, going to games, volunteering at high schools. Seriously? I hope the image of that boy that he didn't save in any way being raped is burned into his every night before he goes to sleep and every morning when he wakes up.

I hate the football players at PSU whining that they're being victimized. **** you. Seriously. The only victims are the kids Sandusky raped. I realize they're young, but they're old enough to have some perspective in life. And if the "Penn State Way" wasn't anything more than bullshit then these guys would have that perspective.

The Paterno family adds to my disdain. My God - they somehow think that this is about them. Honestly, the idea of Sue Paterno weeping over the vacated wins kind of puts a smile on my face. And I hate that because I know that's a shitty feeling to have. Is that what I've become: happy that an old widow is feeling pain? But yes, reading their message boards and the tone deaf family press releases and the insane statements from their trustees to the press has caused me to find a measure of happiness in the misery of an old widow I have never met. I hate that almost as much as I've come to hate Penn State. I'm sure there are some good people associated with that cult, but I haven't seen any. Even a coworker/friend of mine who was reasonable up to monday has now started with the whole "THE NCAA IS EVIL!!! EMMERT IS AN IDIOT!!! WE HAVE TO FIGHT!!! bs that is coming from their internet community and brought on by their trustees.

Not enough bad things could happen to that football program, because that is the only thing that embarrassment of a university (its fans, alumni, administration) cares about.

Well said. It is amazing that just a few short days ago, many of them were contrite / looking forward to getting this over with, overtly [at least, on the surface] apologetic, that they seemed to be showing proper perspective on how shockingly heinous this issue was, and hopeful that the NCAA wouldn't come down to hard on them.

Adversity doesn't build character--it reveals it. And this indignant reaction from those associated with PSU reveals their true colors--that much like their messiah, JoePa, football takes precedence over crimes against children. And that collectively, they are more concerned about protecting their football program than they are about justice and children not being victimized by sexual abuse. No wonder Paterno was willing to look the other way when he found out his friend, Sandusky, was buggering children--protecting his friend from legal scrutiny and protecting the program's reputation trumped common ing sense back in 1998, the same way that it does for that fanbase in 2012.

I take solace from the knowledge that idiotic outrage being espoused by a vocal component of that incestual cesspool that is Penn State isn't reciprocated by 99.9% of the rest of the world that isn't a Penn State fan.

I wish they'd gotten the death penalty. That's what the program, fans, and apologists deserve, and that's what actions this reprehensible warranted.

But how do you really feel? Just kidding. I share your outrage and I think the NCAA did it just right and all of those Kool-Aid drinking fools will get their just deserts over the next decade. PSU will live with this shame for the rest of our lives.

I wish they'd gotten the death penalty. That's what the program, fans, and apologists deserve, and that's what actions this reprehensible warranted.

I hope Emmert offers to let one of their trustees out of the agreement. Then slaps them with a 4 year death penalty. They seem to be so completely clueless that they probably wont see that coming.

I don't know if my feelings are justified, but everything that Penn State and its fan community has done since last November has made me hate it. Beyond just a sports hatred (see Georgetown) which I never had with PSU. Seeing the what true scumbags Paterno and the rest of their leadership were in allowing Sandusky to run rampant for decades, coupled with their students' rioting in support of that pathetic example of a human being, the idiots praying in front of his house...to now. My God, a trustee called the NCAA executive council "pansies." A ******* trustee!

And now aside from the video of the moron calling this his "9/11" they have people on their boards comparing this to the Nazis going after the Jews in the Holocaust (to be fair, he was shot down by actual PSU fans and not the fans of other teams trying to bring perspective to the cesspools that is their S, R and Blackshoediaries/SB Nation boards) and a lynching. Morons who want to say "goodbye" to a ******* statue. Seriously. These completely clueless idiots feel like they were victimized because they didn't get to say goodbye to an inanimate object glorifying a man who enabled a pedophile to rape dozens of children for God knows how long, though I imagine it was certainly long before 1998. People proclaiming the greatness of Joe Paterno and ignoring common sense and using the most insane twisted logic to proclaim their deity innocent of everything. If there was a video of Joe repeatedly stabbing Sue with a butcher knife these fools would find a way to twist it and argue that Sue repeated ran into the knife.

I hate the football players at PSU whining that they're being victimized. **** you. Seriously. The only victims are the kids Sandusky raped. I realize they're young, but they're old enough to have some perspective in life. And if the "Penn State Way" wasn't anything more than bullshit then these guys would have that perspective.

Here's the correlation...both the Nazi & Penn State Regime's are guilty of crimes against humanity!

Damn...this is the most likes I have clicked in one thread. All I can say to all of you is: AMEN!!!

NCAA winked and gave PSU a little slap on the butt. Good old boys going easy on their buddies. This coverup is the biggest college football scandal ever. It's hard to imagine anything worse, short of Sandusky having killed his victims and burying them under the turf at JoePa Park.

Still fielding a team. Still on TV. Still giving scholarships. Emmett needs to resume chasing those thugs trading tickets for tattoos. D1 college football is a disgrace.

It's tough to even wrap my mind around this. Just try to think about it for a moment: 4 years off no Penn State football? Obviously PSU has resources, but if 1 year death penalty destroyed SMU for nearly 20 years, imagine what would happen to PSU if this had gone down.

It's not close, a 4 year death penalty is worse than 4 years of G-Rob.

The "the players are being victimized!" argument makes me sick. There is a very specific group of victims in this whole mess. The players are merely being inconvenienced.

I hope Emmert offers to let one of their trustees out of the agreement. Then slaps them with a 4 year death penalty. They seem to be so completely clueless that they probably wont see that coming.

I basically agree except I hope they then make it at least 10 years.

This is from a thread about McQuearey:

I agree. MM had a contract. He was paid for the duration of the contract and when it expired, the contract wasn't renewed. He's owed nothing more. I'm not an MM fan. If he would have simply called the police on the night, we wouldn't be in the mess we are now.

So this Ped State cult member is pissed at MM, not because his silence and toeing of the party line allowed more children to be raped, but because they wouldn't be in the mess they're now in. I hope the federal government takes away all financial aid for a year or two.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Huge gap between a 4 year death penalty and what they actually got. The PSU BOT should be building a statue of their President, not bitching and moaning about him.

After having a few days to thnk it all through... They either should taken away more scholarships, or given them a TV ban. I don't think it went far enough, especially if the NCAA was inclined to shut 'em down for 4 years originally.

Huge gap between a 4 year death penalty and what they actually got. The PSU BOT should be building a statue of their President, not bitching and moaning about him.

After having a few days to thnk it all through... They either should taken away more scholarships, or given them a TV ban. I don't think it went far enough, especially if the NCAA was inclined to shut 'em down for 4 years originally.
seriously, they got their bellys rubbed by the tickle monster in comparison (too early?? wrong?? who gives a fluck their fans dont understand)

a 4 year death is what they deserved.

at the end of the day, they will have 100k+ at every home game and they will be on tv for every away game. and last i checked, a bowl game is not a birthrite. maybe in 4 years theyll be indiana, but that will be short lived.

Screw FB I want the Feds to hit PSU with a death penalty. I think the whole university needs to be shut down, not just FB. At this point I hope they lose grants and their accreditation.

Bump...I have been lurking on one of the PSU boards and my brain began to implode. I read this thread and thought to myself, "It isn't just me."

Thank you to the posters in this thread for putting words to my disgust and outrage.

The PSU BOT should be building a statue of their President, not bitching and moaning about him.

Great post, but I'm thinking PSU's statue building days are behind them for now although they do have a prime (recently vacated) place to put one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screw FB I want the Feds to hit PSU with a death penalty. I think the whole university needs to be shut down, not just FB. At this point I hope they lose grants and their accreditation.
yep. This isn't over yet. There's more to come.