Penn state and expansion | Syracusefan.com

Penn state and expansion

goodroc

Starter
without any disrespect to the children-

i have to think this puts brakes on all expansion talk -- school presidents will have long pause before adding institutions to their confernce

i have to think this puts brakes on all expansion talk -- school presidents will have long pause before adding institutions to their confernce

you very well could be right.

I don't see how one has anything to do with the other. Because 1 school covered up a scum-bag now the world of college sports will come to a stop? Not happening.

Somehow I doubt that WVU and the Big East will just kiss and make up now because of Penn State, so that needs to be worked out still. Plus we have a lot of people that think the Big East loses it's BCS bid or equivalent soon, and that'll be a legal mess. If things slow down, it'll only be because the power players make decisions they wouldn't have four days ago to try to keep a lid on things. That would be SEC/Big Ten/ESPN.

...not related in the least...however; PSU would never get into the ACC now for a very long time...and the stigma attached may preclude some conferences from taking a school without a long investigative process

Penn State was never going to the ACC. Not now, not in 10 years, not ever.