Penn State game time | Syracusefan.com

Penn State game time

perfect tailgating time.

Yeah, for you locals.

I have to go sell a solo, or family (prefer solo) Labor Day trip to NYC instead of the beach. Easier than selling a trip to Syracuse, for whatever that's worth.

For this reason, and this reason alone, I'm going to support the "we need to open with a cupcake" crowd. So much easier to get away any...other...weekend.

Yeah, for you locals.

I have to go sell a solo, or family (prefer solo) Labor Day trip to NYC instead of the beach. Easier than selling a trip to Syracuse, for whatever that's worth.

For this reason, and this reason alone, I'm going to support the "we need to open with a cupcake" crowd. So much easier to get away any...other...weekend.
make no mistake, Labour Day Weekend absolutly sucks for a real game. nobody goes to the cupcakes at the Dome anyway, the wagners of the world should be played then.

its not easy selling a trip to Giants Stadium and not taking advantage of the last beach weekend of the year as a local, either. ocean water is the best then.

especially when one will find themselves in that swamp at least 8, could be 9, possibly 10 and hopefully...yee-ha!! 11 more times in the next few months.

Oh Lord

make no mistake, Labour Day Weekend absolutly sucks for a real game. nobody goes to the cupcakes at the Dome anyway, the wagners of the world should be played then.

its not easy selling trip to Giants Stadium and not taking advantage of the last beach weekend of the year, either.

especially when one will find themselves in that swamp at least 8, could be 9, possibly 10 and hopefully...yee-ha!! 11 more times in the next few months.

Oh Lord

"Labour"? I didn't know the Kaiser was British.

its not easy selling a trip to Giants Stadium and not taking advantage of the last beach weekend of the year as a local, either. ocean water is the best then.

Oh Lord
whaaaaaaa...

image.jpg

Beach, etc. vs. football? Are you kidding me?! Suck it up my man, we expect much better from you my friend :)

Oh Lord

It's why the NFL starts a week later. College should too. Or declare it 1AA weekend.

It's why the NFL starts a week later. College should too. Or declare it 1AA weekend.

Come on, the Labor Day start is a huge improvement for college football vs. the days when the Pigskin Classic would kickoff the season on August 20th.

Baby steps.

For the student athletes.

:D

whaaaaaaa...

View attachment 3782

Beach, etc. vs. football? Are you kidding me?! Suck it up my man, we expect much better from you my friend :)
no crying here.

just pointing out the wife isnt exactly going 'yeah, i think you leaving me and 2 kids who cant swim, yet wont stay out of the water, alone on the beach while you go get drunk in a parking lot with your friends, is a super idea!! should i get the big bottle of Jack for you??'

make no mistake, im going. potential divorce and all.

Oh Lord

should i get the big bottle of Jack for you??'

make no mistake, im going. potential divorce and all.
It sounds like you should leave that bottle for your wife and/or the kids. :)

3:30 ABC/ESPN2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Works for me. Have the option of driving back to CNY after the game now, if I want. The late start makes for a nice extended tailgate to celebrate the end of summer and the start of football season. What is not to like about it? Except maybe the location of the game... ;)

just pointing out the wife isnt exactly going 'yeah, i think you leaving me and 2 kids who cant swim, yet wont stay out of the water, alone on the beach while you go get drunk in a parking lot with your friends, is a super idea!! should i get the big bottle of Jack for you??'
Oh Lord

Classic. And so true.

But I, my friends, simply bought tix for the whole family - so we are all going. Eliminates the problem.

My secret?

Labor Day soccer tournaments - where you stand in the broiling sun for hours , first waiting to watch, then watching your kid(s) labor up and down the field in the 90 degree heat...

After years of these, my wife would rather be anywhere else and a football game and a tailgate seems like paradise to her...

Classic. And so true.

But I, my friends, simply bought tix for the whole family - so we are all going. Eliminates the problem.

My secret?

Labor Day soccer tournaments - where you stand in the broiling sun for hours , first waiting to watch, then watching your kid(s) labor up and down the field in the 90 degree heat...

After years of these, my wife would rather be anywhere else and a football game and a tailgate seems like paradise to her...

lol .. guess where I'll be that weekend:
http://www.scbluescup.com/

Real SoCal U13

You in SoCal?

No. North Jersey. With your handle , I thought you were Philly and were going out to Cali with one of the big Philly clubs.

My daughter is also U-13. She played U-11 and U-12 with North Rockland (look them up on GotSoccer). One of that team's biggest riva!s is World Class, who has played Eclipse Cup a couple times and who went west last Thanksgiving to play in the Thanksgiving Surf Cup. NR will probably be in Denver this July for Nationals. I think they need one point in their last three games to win their league.

At U-13, with this team, she had to decide whether to commit to soccer or continue to play hoops and lax and act and dance etc...and she chose the latter so she no longer plays for them.

I don't know that much about Cali soccer. I've heard of Legends and I'm pretty sure that your club is also a very highly rated club, right?

LOL...I kept trying to type "Riva_s" and it kept not appearing in the post and I couldn't figure out why. How absolutely juvenile. What is this? China?

No. North Jersey. With your handle , I thought you were Philly and were going out to Cali with one of the big Philly clubs.

My daughter is also U-13. She played U-11 and U-12 with North Rockland (look them up on GotSoccer). One of that team's biggest riva!s is World Class, who has played Eclipse Cup a couple times and who went west last Thanksgiving to play in the Thanksgiving Surf Cup. NR will probably be in Denver this July for Nationals. I think they need one point in their last three games to win their league.

At U-13, with this team, she had to decide whether to commit to soccer or continue to play hoops and lax and act and dance etc...and she chose the latter so she no longer plays for them.

I don't know that much about Cali soccer. I've heard of Legends and I'm pretty sure that your club is also a very highly rated club, right?

LOL...I kept trying to type "Riva_s" and it kept not appearing in the post and I couldn't figure out why. How absolutely juvenile. What is this? China?

I should have clarified. My daughter will be U13 when the tournament is held. (She's U12 now.)
I grew up in Philly, lived in NYC for many years - and about 4 years ago, moved to Santa Monica.
I am quite familiar with World Class and (of course) PDA. A bunch of my daughter's friends from her AYSO days on the Upper West Side play for Manhattan soccer, and one close friend plays for the Gotham Girls and just made one of the Eastern NY ODP teams. Another close friend had his daughter with NJ Crush Storm at that same age group - but she ended up quitting mid-season. (Lots of attrition at this age.)

Real So Cal is an ECNL club - so even though ECNL doesn't begin until U14, there was heavy competition to make the U13 roster. (She just changed clubs this Spring.) Kids (parents actually) are jockeying for position in anticipation of ECNL play.

My sincere condolences...:eek:

I feel for you though in TX it was usually 102 degree heat! Those days are over for me though and now I get to drive out to my daughters college match on Friday night then take her out to breakfast and be home for kick-off vs Ped State woo hoo!

I should have clarified. My daughter will be U13 when the tournament is held. (She's U12 now.)
I grew up in Philly, lived in NYC for many years - and about 4 years ago, moved to Santa Monica.
I am quite familiar with World Class and (of course) PDA. A bunch of my daughter's friends from her AYSO days on the Upper West Side play for Manhattan soccer, and one close friend plays for the Gotham Girls and just made one of the Eastern NY ODP teams. Another close friend had his daughter with NJ Crush Storm at that same age group - but she ended up quitting mid-season. (Lots of attrition at this age.)

Real So Cal is an ECNL club - so even though ECNL doesn't begin until U14, there was heavy competition to make the U13 roster. (She just changed clubs this Spring.) Kids (parents actually) are jockeying for position in anticipation of ECNL play.

PDA and World Class are both ECNL clubs. The competition to get on those clubs is huge so I know exactly what you mean. You can easily get over 100 girls trying out for spots on the top teams. NR and Crush are NPL.

Not sure what it is like out there, but to play on one of these ECNL teams out here you either have to give everything else up or subjugate it to soccer. Very tough on the multi-sport athlete/multi-activity individual.

My daughter's age group was really the first age group out here where the "Academies" began taking all the best talent from the local club teams. World Class is four years old and Crush is even younger. Prior to that, PDA was really the only Academy in the Metropolitan area unless you wanted to travel to Long Island and PDA is over an hour drive from the city...

Now, every Thomas, Reinhart and Jorge is hanging out a shingle and calling themselves an Academy.

It has become a joke. Unfortunately, many of the parents don't understand the game well enough to be able to differentiate between good and bad training and, as a result, you get a lot of parents shelling out $2500+ dollars for bad training for girls whose talent level will be lucky to make a high school roster, let alone a college one.

One of my buddies kids' made the U12 ODP team and was just at their camp.

You can easily get over 100 girls trying out for spots on the top teams.

yes. we were lucky enough to grab a spot. Next Spring will be even worse.

Very tough on the multi-sport athlete/multi-activity individual.

My daughter plays basketball and tennis, but she really can't be very serious with either one of them because of the soccer. The biggest conflict, however, is violin/orchestra. So far we've managed it but she just got accepted into an honors orchestra - which is somewhat prestigious. If left to her own devices, she'd dump the violin for the soccer ball in a heartbeat, but it hasn't come to that yet. I am going to fight pretty hard to make sure she can do both.

you get a lot of parents shelling out $2500+ dollars for bad training for girls whose talent level will be lucky to make a high school roster, let alone a college one

yep. everywhere you look.

One of my buddies kids' made the U12 ODP team and was just at their camp.

My daughter was named to the Cal South ODP pool this spring but did not make the final roster. Oh well, there's always next year..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom