Per Brett McMurphy ACC-Pinstripe Deal official now | Syracusefan.com

Per Brett McMurphy ACC-Pinstripe Deal official now

I think I have heard outside of the Big 6 bowls, and the runnerup bowls, the rest of the bowls won't be predetermined and the conferences all want to spread out the selections.
the ACC runnerup is going to the Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando vs. Big XII
Big XII runnerup is going to the Alamo Bowl vs. Pac-12
SEC and B1G runnerups are going to Capital One Bowl
Pac-12 runnerup is going to the Holiday Bowl vs. B1G
Thus, you could see 9 win teams in the Pinstripe Bowl which will raise its profile.

From what recal his bowl has a real nice payout to right? I assume that will become even better now.

if the Pinstripe becomes a decent $$ bowl (its already basically there) then the b1g will be sending 1 of ohio st, michigan, wisconsin, nebraska & ped st.

if not a must attend, it will be a must watch on tv.

nice.

Good. No great. Very pleasing.

That said, my theory is that the ACC's 2-3 week lag time behind the B1G signing on with Yankees/Pinstripe was because DeLaney wanted to keep ACC out of NYC. I could be wrong here. But in some ways, it could make sense.

But perhaps the Yankees/Pinstripe stood their ground (and told DeLaney that his collegiate game of RISK won't fly in this instance) and knew that this ACC-B1G formula was what was best. And if that is the case, it reminds me of one thing ...
  • Just much "bigger" monetarily pro sports is compared to college sports. At least in recent times, if a team went to a BCS bowl, that school "earned" $14-15M (there figures might be a tad old, but you get the point). At present, $14-15M annually buys a big league team (Yankees, Cubs, Phillies, Nationals, does not matter) a veteran 4th or 5th starter (Edwin Jackson is an example ... $13 AAV).
Anyhow, my main point is that I dont trust the B1G and never will.

I really do love the Pinstripe Bowl.

In an era of sun-washed, dome enclosed warm climate bowlgames, its nice to see a bit of old time "hard nosed" winter wonderland football still getting major play.

I can see this bowl getting a prominent place in the overall bowl rotation.

Best part of that McMurphy article
"The ACC also will have a deal with the Capital One Bowl that will allow the league to replace the Big Ten in the bowl if the Big Ten sends a team to the Orange, where it would play the ACC, a source said. In the Capital One Bowl, the ACC would play a team from the SEC."

So, atleast the ACC will get the Capital One Bowl 3 times over the 12 year deal the B1G has with the Orange Bowl.

Of note is that both conferences will get signage during baseball. Thanks D. Gross for your excellent vision. Even prominent conferences are copying our strategies.

P.S. Expect that once the ACC gets a dose of our hardnosed hitting, they copy that too. Then the whole ACC will export it to all of CFBdom. Just another instance of Syracuse leading the pack.

I wonder what this means for the "SYRACUSE - NY COLLEGE TEAM" signage?

I can't imagine they'd want to see our banners flying during the bowl game. I wonder if the B1G and ACC will persuade the Yankees to not renew our agreement...

I wonder what this means for the "SYRACUSE - NY COLLEGE TEAM" signage?

I can't imagine they'd want to see our banners flying during the bowl game. I wonder if the B1G and ACC will persuade the Yankees to not renew our agreement...
It won't effect our agreement. Brandon Steiner who is an SU alum gave up one of his spots for advertising in Yankee Stadium for SU to have a good spot. The Yankees and Steiner sports have a great relationship I doubt that they will ask for our sign to go down as we will be paying for it.

Exc news...A bowl in the Tampa area will be nice for one of our 6-6 or 7-5 teams. The Trop is small at about 35k so it should be mostly full. I would guess the bowl will be early (around Dec 16-22).

you would think that means another lower tier bowl we will be a shared tie in like military or independence with the other getting an acc team every year.

has anyone seen anything about the pinstripe/acc deal having a press conference on yes network like bigten?

you would think that means another lower tier bowl we will be a shared tie in like military or independence with the other getting an acc team every year.

has anyone seen anything about the pinstripe/acc deal having a press conference on yes network like bigten?

I don't know about the Yes Network, but there is supposed to be a press conference in New York on Tuesday, June 25.

http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com/37052/acc-adds-pinstripe-bowl-to-postseason-lineup-in-2014/

Exc news...A bowl in the Tampa area will be nice for one of our 6-6 or 7-5 teams. The Trop is small at about 35k so it should be mostly full. I would guess the bowl will be early (around Dec 16-22).
it will be the ACC team that is 6-6...v whatever the old big east is called, champion.

:rolling:

it will be the ACC team that is 6-6...v whatever the old big east is called, champion.

I doubt it will be their champion but it might be AAC #3 or so. The AAC's champion will probably play the MWC champion or something like that. I assume the Trop bowl will be a minimum payer so it is going to be a money loser most years for the ACC...but hey, going to Tampa/St Pete for a mediocre team will still be good versus sitting home. Getting 15 practices is nice. If the timing of the game is early enough as a fan you might even be able to fly down before XMas airfares spike. Personally I'd rather go to St Pete and play an 8-4 or 9-3 Directional AAC team versus going to Detroit to play a mediocre B1G team.

This deal with Trop Bowl in Tampa is probably for the 3 years the B1G takes the Gator/Music City Bowl slot. It won't matter as with the ACC having 14 members you want 9-11 bowl slots just to protect yourself on a given year. If we are 6-6 I don't care what bowl we get as honestly it won't matter to the SU fanbase.