Per Donna about Tyus | Syracusefan.com

Per Donna about Tyus

Status
Not open for further replies.

20Plus

She was on axe and stated a few notable bullet points.
  • She believes he’ll either be all in the draft or all out of the draft and won’t just test waters!
  • He and his family value the potential to graduate in three years!!
  • He will decide next week!!!

• She believes he’ll either be all in the draft or all out of the draft and won’t just test waters!

The graduating in three years plays a realllll big role imo since hes a fringe at best first rounder. In a perfect world he plays himself into a mid first round pick and graduates. Kill two birds with one stone. The all in and out tidbit is also in line with what cbs said

HE GONE

Did she say why he wouldn't be interested in 'testing the waters?' What is there to lose? Is there a sense that if you do stick a toe in, and the response isn't 'consensus' toward going to the NBA, that you're actually hurting your stock or adding stigma? Like, if scouts deem you not quite ready, that impression would stick next year?

Last edited:
What does Tyus learn by testing the waters? They are going to tell him he could possibly be a late (last 5?) pick in 1st round or he could be in taken in the top half of the 2nd round. Wow, thanks for the insight. I doubt any team is going to tell him he's a sure 1st rounder. It depends what he wants to do and if he's ok being a 2nd round selection without the big 3 year guarantee. Most 2nd rounders end up in the G league scrapping for a contract.

What does Tyus learn by testing the waters? They are going to tell him he could possibly be a late (last 5?) pick in 1st round or he could be in taken in the top half of the 2nd round. Wow, thanks for the insight. I doubt any team is going to tell him he's a sure 1st rounder. It depends what he wants to do and if he's ok being a 2nd round selection without the big 3 year guarantee. Most 2nd rounders end up in the G league scrapping for a contract.

Advisory board will have already given him a very detailed report as well

The disadvantage to testing the waters is the scouts look at you and come up with various things they don’t like, thus labeling you bad at this and that. Unless you use your year back in college to demonstrably improve, that label sticks. I don’t agree with that but it’s a theory.

Tyus coming back would be jaw-dropping and as others have said, I’m not getting my hopes up. He does take his education seriously.

The disadvantage to testing the waters is the scouts look at you and come up with various things they don’t like, thus labeling you bad at this and that. Unless you use your year back in college to demonstrably improve, that label sticks. I don’t agree with that but it’s a theory.

Tyus coming back would be jaw-dropping and as others have said, I’m not getting my hopes up. He does take his education seriously.
Considering he's only listed as a first round pick in one mock it wouldn't be jaw dropping at all . we are just so shell shocked about guys leaving.

If he returns, reserve your Final Four tickets now.

logo-2019-final-four-640-360.jpg

Considering he's only listed as a first round pick in one mock it wouldn't be jaw dropping at all . we are just so shell shocked about guys leaving.

There is a big difference between positioning on random mock drafts and an evaluation from NBA scouts and executives. A less than favorable eval from the NBA could definitely impact him, as iommi pointed out. The NBA doesn't care what the mock draft people think.

No. The plan before the season was for him to leave after this year. It would be very surprising to deviate from that plan.
Plans don't always work out. I had a lot of plans in life that didn't go as planned. Bagley or Ayton coming back would be jaw dropping a projected possible 2nd round pick coming back would be a minimal surprise. This is as close as it gets there is a reason its taking this long. Like I said we are shell shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom