Personal foul on Richards | Syracusefan.com

Personal foul on Richards

721Comstock

2022 Iggy Awards: Leading Scorer/Game/Buddy 3s
Richards laid a clean tackle on the QB.

And I’m sticking to it.

Instead of driving thru the QB w his shoulder (greater impact) he basically pushed him down with his forearms instead.

I couldn’t believe the call stuck for that.

Tuazama earned his tho.
Not even in a bad way, but he did lower his head, so they called it.

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
Here’s what I want.

I want to know the proper way for a 250 lb LB who is running at full speed to tackle a qb.

If he stays upright he hits him helmet to helmet.

No bueno.

If he goes low at his legs, it’s a personal foul.

No bueno.

If he lowers his head and tries to go to the middle, it’s a targeting foul.

I get what the rules are but I want someone to actually teach how defensive players, short of slowing down and effectively giving the QB an escape, are supposed to tackle.

Because all we keep hearing about how they are NOT allowed to tackle.

OttoMets

Living Legend
Instead of driving thru the QB w his shoulder (greater impact) he basically pushed him down with his forearms instead.

I'd hope Dino would be more upset about the continued terrible form tackling than the penalty/ejection.

Speaking of which, I loved Dino's halftime reaction.

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American

I couldn’t believe the call stuck for that.

Tuazama earned his tho.
Not even in a bad way, but he did lower his head, so they called it.

If tua stays upright it’s helmet to helmet.

OburgOrange

Living Legend
Here’s what I want.

I want to know the proper way for a 250 lb LB who is running at full speed to tackle a qb.

No bueno.

No bueno.

I get what the rules are but I want someone to actually teach how defensive players, short of slowing down and effectively giving the QB an escape, are supposed to tackle.

^^This^^

PhatOrange

Living Legend
Here’s what I want.

Don’t lower the head. Keep your eyes up and see what you’re tackling. It’s simple really you can’t hit some one with the crown of your helmet. If he’d hit him with his face mask it’s fine.

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
Don’t lower the head. Keep your eyes up and see what you’re tackling. It’s simple really you can’t hit some one with the crown of your helmet. If he’d hit him with his face mask it’s fine.
do You have any idea how hard it is run run full speed into someone with your head up yet ensuring you dont make any helmet to helmet contact? It's a very unnatural angle of attack.

J

JoeySimz

Here’s what I want.

No bueno.

No bueno.

Thank you!

cuse10

All American

It's a bad interpretation of the rule especially when you can use slow mo to make a decision. That's a form tackle. There's not much he could do there.

PhatOrange

Living Legend
It’s below the shoulders so no it’s not targeting, I get that. But Richards hit the kid with the crown of his helmet and that’s spearing, clear as day. 15 yard penalty. He should’ve stayed in the game then...I’ll compromise.

These officials were the worst I’ve seen all year. Where were they from?

OburgOrange

Living Legend
It’s below the shoulders so no it’s not targeting, I get that. But Richards hit the kid with the crown of his helmet and that’s spearing, clear as day. 15 yard penalty. He should’ve stayed in the game then...I’ll compromise.

These officials were the worst I’ve seen all year. Where were they from?
Not what both Head Coaches said

Reactions: FAL

721Comstock

2022 Iggy Awards: Leading Scorer/Game/Buddy 3s
what are their quotes?

They can’t specifically comment on the officiating, or they get fined.

But Dino heavily inferred that he thought the call was weak sauce.

And, he doubled down after the game, careful not to directly critique the officials and possibly draw a fine from the conference office.

“I’ve seen hits like that on Thanksgiving Day in the backyard on brothers versus brothers," Babers said, “and nobody had to go tell Mom and Dad that they got hit that hard.”

PhatOrange

Living Legend
They can’t specifically comment on the officiating, or they get fined.

But Dino heavily inferred that he thought the call was weak sauce.

exactly they werent quoted saying anything. If you’re talking about what Babers said at halftime big deal, he hadn’t seen any tape of the hit. He wouldn’t argue against it being spearing.

kcsu

Living Legend
Disagree.

Tuazama's 100% was, but the call on Richards was poor interpretation of the rule. Very surprised with the ruling after review.
BS i loved the hit.

RF2044

Living Legend
BS i loved the hit.

You loved him launching himself like a missile, and making clear helmet-to-helmet contact with that QB? Okay...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusenj

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom