Personnel changes on the OL | Syracusefan.com

Personnel changes on the OL

Dcuse

All Conference
I really don’t want to be that guy after a perceived “one” game but the PFF scores for Bradford and Washington on the season are hideous. I wanted to see the game on DVR again to see if the horror show I was seeing from Washington was as bad as it appeared live……… it was. I counted 3 times that the guy he was blocking was by him before he was out of his stance. Hoping to see Enrique, Wolabaugh or Miller against Holy Cross. Maybe two of them. The OL coach needs to get ahold of this quickly.

I really don’t want to be that guy after a perceived “one” game but the PFF scores for Bradford and Washington on the season are hideous. I wanted to see the game on DVR again to see if the horror show I was seeing from Washington was as bad as it appeared live……… it was. I counted 3 times that the guy he was blocking was by him before he was out of his stance. Hoping to see Enrique, Wolabaugh or Miller against Holy Cross. Maybe two of them. The OL coach needs to get ahold of this quickly.
Enrique better be replacing one of those two tackles or there is issues within the staff recognizing and perceiving reality.

How about we replace the OL coach with this guy since he's doing just some commentating right now for ESPN -

Attachments

• steve-addazio-p1jpg-2035535181.jpg
    steve-addazio-p1jpg-2035535181.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 316
Don’t agree on Weatherspoon. He had some bad moments in this game but overall our best lineman.
I thought spoon fid a bad job especially afterlast week when he graded exceptionally. A kid that big should move people. He needs flexibility and more bend.

You have two starting level guys, a UGA transfer, and a much bigger inside guy In Moeolo. Get it sorted. This team gets average OL play they will be fine.
Also help the line out, use the quick game and throw on first. This offense is better than most at 3rd and long but Friday was too heavy a dose of 2nd and 13, 3rd and 8.

And when you get a 3rd and two don’t roll left, either a straight hand off or a 3 yd curl to the TE. Don’t over think it.

You have two starting level guys, a UGA transfer, and a much bigger inside guy In Moeolo on the bench. Get it sorted. This team gets average OL play they will be fine.
We got above average OL play vs GT this staff should be able to fix this with guys on the roster. Next 2 games I doubt we get blown up NC State will be the test.

The more important thing would be to go back to the GT game and see how Washington performed in that game under similar circumstances.

And if there weren't similar circumstances - then that begs the question why...was GT just not edge rushing, do they have weak edge rushers, were we giving more help, was McCord releasing the ball quicker, were receivers getting open quicker, etc?

That's the starting point for this type of analysis. We all know he had a rough game against Stanford. But is that an anomaly or is that the rule?

I believe USC benched their two tackles at halftime against Michigan. 116 yards and 3 points in the first half. 263 yards and 21 points in the 2nd half.

Possibly would have won if the two safeties could have tackled Mullings on the last drive when they had him wrapped up after 10 yards, and instead he broke away and ran another 53.

I believe USC benched their two tackles at halftime against Michigan. 116 yards and 3 points in the first half. 263 yards and 21 points in the 2nd half.

Possibly would have won if the two safeties could have tackled Mullings on the last drive when they had him wrapped up after 10 yards, and instead he broke away and ran another 53.
There were so many singular plays that could have won this game for us and bad calls that went against us that affected the outcome of the game. I struggle to remember a game in recent memory quite like this one in that regard.

The more important thing would be to go back to the GT game and see how Washington performed in that game under similar circumstances.

And if there weren't similar circumstances - then that begs the question why...was GT just not edge rushing, do they have weak edge rushers, were we giving more help, was McCord releasing the ball quicker, were receivers getting open quicker, etc?

That's the starting point for this type of analysis. We all know he had a rough game against Stanford. But is that an anomaly or is that the rule?

This has been a constant issue for Washington.

GT started to speed rush him in 2nd half

His feet are simply too slow for him to catch any DE with speed, they just blow by him.

If you watch his tape at Colorado it’s much of the same thing.

I’m afraid we won’t make adjustments because this was “the guy” that out OL coach really wanted to help improve the OL.

Every single time fans from other schools have warned us about a coach it has proven accurate. Unfortunately, through 3 games, it appears that’s accurate again. He was the one hire I was nervous about

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom