Perspective | Syracusefan.com

Perspective

Dodger44

Walk On
Tom Herman: 32-18 after 4 seasons

Dino Babers: 23-26 after 4 seasons, 24-36 after 5 season
Difference ????? Does Texas have higher standards ??? More money from alumni to pay Herman's buyout ???

I'm sure the eternal optimists on this forum will be posting all the excuses and "wait till next year". After all they have been doing it since Coach P, Marrone, Shafer, and now Babers. Optimistism ??? That's why SU fans in October start looking forward to SU basketball and SU Lacrosse.

Does Texas have higher standards ??? Yes, among other advantages, including football culture and a massive alumni base.

More money from alumni to pay Herman's buyout ??? Yes, plus leases off of active oil fields that keep the bank accounts full and an ESPN backed TV network devoted just to them.

I'm sure the eternal optimists on this forum will be posting all the excuses and "wait till next year". After all they have been doing it since Coach P, Marrone, Shafer, and now Babers. Optimistism ??? That's why SU fans in October start looking forward to SU basketball and SU Lacrosse. No one is making you care about Syracuse football.
See answers above in bold.

See answers above in bold.

Those people are nuts. I have UT friends on the facebook that have done nothing but ripped Herman after wins, seen OU fans shake to their core if 5 seats were empty, and watched a human being cry talking about Arkansas football. Huge boosters run those places, the admins are Homer Simpsons pressing buttons.

1609686263751.png

Those people are nuts. I have UT friends on the facebook that have done nothing but ripped Herman after wins, seen OU fans shake to their core if 5 seats were empty, and watched a human being cry talking about Arkansas football. Huge boosters run those places, the admins are Homer Simpsons pressing buttons.

View attachment 193916
From what I've heard, the reason Alabama has been so successful for the last 15 years and Texas has not is because Saban has the Alabama boosters all working for him and his vision of the program, while Texas' boosters are broken into factions that run contrary to each other. The Sark hire is interesting because it may be an effort by Texas to replicate how Saban gets it done.

I heard an interview this morning that said the high school coaches in Texas have a “why don’t I get a crack at this job” mentality, therefore creating an almost impossible recruiting scenario. Hard to build the needed relationships with the feeder system.

Not much to add, except I’m really proud that we’re not shelling out that kind of money to fire a good coach. It’s fair to ask if they’ve blown through “high standards” into “morally and ethically broken pursuit of a thing so much that it is in direct opposition to the stated mission”

But maybe they’ll win a couple of more games in a couple of years

we are not comparable to Texas. I think the below are more peer programs though most have considerably more funds.

Northwestern, KSU, ISU, Minnesota, Indy, Illinois, WVU, Kansas, Kentucky, Mizzou, Maryland, Rutgers, Baylor, OSU, WSU, Cal, Colorado, Purdue etc etc

Texas is with Bama in money and expectations whether its lunacy or not.

Difference ????? Does Texas have higher standards ??? More money from alumni to pay Herman's buyout ???

I'm sure the eternal optimists on this forum will be posting all the excuses and "wait till next year". After all they have been doing it since Coach P, Marrone, Shafer, and now Babers. Optimistism ??? That's why SU fans in October start looking forward to SU basketball and SU Lacrosse.
Wait. You are really comparing Syracuse football with Texas football. Do I have that right? I will say this, Syracuse football is closer to Texas football than you are to a college football fan that has one ounce of common college football sense. U of Texas has their own football network. They have a fantastic hotbed of prospects in their state. It is like comparing the prettiest girl in your school to the best looking actress in the world. Or the smartest kid in your school to the smartest person in the world. Or the best athlete in your school to the best athlete in the world. Get the idea?

From what I've heard, the reason Alabama has been so successful for the last 15 years and Texas has not is because Saban has the Alabama boosters all working for him and his vision of the program, while Texas' boosters are broken into factions that run contrary to each other. The Sark hire is interesting because it may be an effort by Texas to replicate how Saban gets it done.

Also, when interviewed from what I hear, Saban set the tone by telling them how much the program needed to be changed regardless of what any booster thought.

He straight up told a bunch of super rich guys that they didn’t know what they were doing, give me what I need to do it right and enjoy the ride.

There is nothing that can be compared between Texas and SU. Complete apples and oranges in every way.

Sure there is! Both schools possess orange as a school color, just a different Pantone. ;):)

Wait. You are really comparing Syracuse football with Texas football. Do I have that right? I will say this, Syracuse football is closer to Texas football than you are to a college football fan that has one ounce of common college football sense. U of Texas has their own football network. They have a fantastic hotbed of prospects in their state. It is like comparing the prettiest girl in your school to the best looking actress in the world. Or the smartest kid in your school to the smartest person in the world. Or the best athlete in your school to the best athlete in the world. Get the idea?

Yup, I get the idea. You wear orange colored sun glasses and see hope in mediocrity. Stand back from the trees so you can see over the forest. It will be interesting to see how many loyal fans and media say the opposite if Babers doesn't turn this around in a year of two. There will be a lot of selective memory then. I hope Babers is successful but as your stockbroker says "Past Performance (10-2 season) is not Indicative of Future Performance". This is a results orientated world (especially college sport/pro sports). Fans vote thru their wallets and if the results aren't there the money isn't there. Winning = ticket sales, TV appearances, and alumni donations. That's the bottom line. Can Baber's deliver ? How much time is enough time ? The next year or two will determine that. He he does; Great...If he doesn't then we've wasted 6 years.

I heard an interview this morning that said the high school coaches in Texas have a “why don’t I get a crack at this job” mentality, therefore creating an almost impossible recruiting scenario. Hard to build the needed relationships with the feeder system.
I kind of don’t blame the high school coaches

Yup, I get the idea. You wear orange colored sun glasses and see hope in mediocrity. Stand back from the trees so you can see over the forest. It will be interesting to see how many loyal fans and media say the opposite if Babers doesn't turn this around in a year of two. There will be a lot of selective memory then. I hope Babers is successful but as your stockbroker says "Past Performance (10-2 season) is not Indicative of Future Performance". This is a results orientated world (especially college sport/pro sports). Fans vote thru their wallets and if the results aren't there the money isn't there. Winning = ticket sales, TV appearances, and alumni donations. That's the bottom line. Can Baber's deliver ? How much time is enough time ? The next year or two will determine that. He he does; Great...If he doesn't then we've wasted 6 years.
What does Texas firing their coach have to do with people (in your words) still drumming for Babers? Cuse football and Texas football are on different planets financially for a multitude of reasons - commitment from the institution not really being one of them.

I would think the most optimistic among us are in wait and see mode for Babers. Also, anyone who does reads anything or listens to anyone who understands anything realizes Cuse couldn't afford to fire Babers this year.

Stop being a hack and realize that people with more knowledge on the situation than you are somehow wrong because they don't share your under-thought opinion.

Are you writing the first buyout check?

The title and content of your post constitute delicious irony.

Give it a rest. You're embarrassing yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom