Pet Peeve | Syracusefan.com

Pet Peeve

Lawrinson14

Master Image Editor
Preface: No disrespect to any posters here as I'm sure others find this sort of thing useful or entertaining (for what reason I have no idea).

That said, I cannot stand when people try to draw comparisons between players now and players of the past, players on other teams, all stars, flops, etc. Why can't we just watch somebody like Tyler Ennis and appreciate him for he is? Why do we have to say that he reminds us of (insert name here)?

Preface: No disrespect to any posters here as I'm sure others find this sort of thing useful or entertaining (for what reason I have no idea).

That said, I cannot stand when people try to draw comparisons between players now and players of the past, players on other teams, all stars, flops, etc. Why can't we just watch somebody like Tyler Ennis and appreciate him for he is? Why do we have to say that he reminds of us (insert X here)?

Hmmm...trying to think which poster you remind me of...

Just kidding...;)

My pet peeve is restaurants that insist on inserting tomatoes into every thing you order ... even though the menu does not indicate an appetizer or main course contains them. When one is allergic to tomatoes, it is amazing how often they show up in the most un-expected (and un-announced) places. Beet salad? Grilled swordfish? Escargot? All things I recently ordered that showed up with un-announced tomatoes. I next expect them to show up in a chocolate mousse.

My pet peeve is restaurants that insist on inserting tomatoes into every thing you order ... even though the menu does not indicate an appetizer or main course contains them. When one is allergic to tomatoes, it is amazing how often they show up in the most un-expected (and un-announced) places. Beet salad? Grilled swordfish? Escargot? All things I recently ordered that showed up with un-announced tomatoes. I next expect them to show up in a chocolate mousse.

Tomatoes are the worst. Try not liking tomatoes and growing up in an Italian family. :eek:

- Comparisons are fun. Everybody does it in every sport.
- Oy, not liking tomatoes in an Italian family? No red sauce? Fail. ;)
- My pet peeve is when some rube orders an "EX-presso."

When somebody pronounces potable in such a way as to make the word seem like it means "can be put in a pot." All liquids can be put into a pot. Not all liquids can be safely consumed. Tomato juice is potable unless you are CTO, then you want to throw it in the pot.

Non-sports pet peeve: When people at work say that we should "take this conversation off-line." What? When was it ever on-line? Also, "I'll shoot you an email." No thanks, sending it will do just fine.

I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary decent thinking people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. Well I'm certainly not, but I'm sick and tired of being told that I am.

When somebody pronounces potable in such a way as to make the word seem like it means "can be put in a pot." All liquids can be put into a pot. Not all liquids can be safely consumed. Tomato juice is potable unless you are CTO, then you want to throw it in the pot.

Thank you! Drives me batty because the Army guys say it wrong all the dang time.

Non-sports pet peeve: When people at work say that we should "take this conversation off-line." What? When was it ever on-line? Also, "I'll shoot you an email." No thanks, sending it will do just fine.

I prolly say "We can talk about this off-line" about 10 times a day, and "I'll shoot you an email" about 50 lol

Hearing other people smack their lips while eating/chewing is one of my big ones.

I also very much dislike other people's feet. Especially if they touch me with them. I barely let the wife touch me with hers when they are bare and she showers nearly every day.

Hearing other people smack their lips while eating/chewing is one of my big ones.

I also very much dislike other people's feet. Especially if they touch me with them. I barely let the wife touch me with hers when they are bare and she showers nearly every day.
Sister in law. Lip smacker, chews with mouth open. Had to say something the other day.