Pete Thamel: Noel is no slam dunk to qualify | Syracusefan.com

Pete Thamel: Noel is no slam dunk to qualify

Pete Thamel @PeteThamelNYT
What you won't hear about Nerlens Noel? He's no slam dunk to qualify and missing 3 days of school to be at Jordan game.

There is NO WAY IN HELL that he doesn't qualify going to UK. This is the coach that got freakin' Joey Dorsey qualified. A member of the SU staff once told me that Dorsey's transcript was so bad that he'd never play a minute of D1 hoops. The dude was qualified and playing for Memphis a year later.

He also said:

My final gut feeling on Nerlens here is not to count Kentucky out. Too many people in Everett said UK for months.

Maybe the story three years from now will be that Kentucky used illegal means to get him qualified and has to forfeit all wins from next year. Meanwhile, Noel and Calipari will both be gone.

Kentucky will get him in. I have no doubts about that.
He could be a microcephalic imbicle and KYjelly would get him to slip right in with the qualifying.

Yeah the Kanter thing has no relevance to qualifying academically

There is NO WAY IN HELL that he doesn't qualify going to UK. This is the coach that got freakin' Joey Dorsey qualified. A member of the SU staff once told me that Dorsey's transcript was so bad that he'd never play a minute of D1 hoops. The dude was qualified and playing for Memphis a year later.
More recent example: Bledsoe.