Petro Done at Johns Hopkins / Peter Milliman hired | Syracusefan.com

Petro Done at Johns Hopkins / Peter Milliman hired

All those Hopkins fan complaints about the AD not caring about lacrosse seem a little off base now. Didn't even give him a chance at a rebound in 2021! This is a big and bold step, but I would be on team #firedesko if our situation got as bad as Hopkins these past few years.

All those Hopkins fan complaints about the AD not caring about lacrosse seem a little off base now. Didn't even give him a chance at a rebound in 2021! This is a big and bold step, but I would be on team #firedesko if our situation got as bad as Hopkins these past few years.

Well keep in mind that this was Petro's final year of his deal so the admin has to either give him a new deal or a one year extension, neither of which I think the fanbase was all that enthused about. He really should have been let go a few years ago. One interesting dynamic is what this does not only to the current team but incoming recruits. Petro was a larger then life guy, have to figure transfers and guys looking to be let out of their NOLI's is coming. Will be interesting to see where they go for a replacement. You would have to think Nadelen is toward the top but Towson was such a dumpster fire this past year that you have to wonder if the alums will be satisfied with that. I don't see Marr being a good fit either. Raymond at Hobart to me is the guy they might try and get.

I’m in disbelief lol. Does this mean that his son Dom will be bitter and not go to Johns Hopkins then? :p

I’m in disbelief lol. Does this mean that his son Dom will be bitter and not go to Johns Hopkins then? :p

There was a rumor he didn't want to go to Hopkins even if his dad was there but this all but seals it.

Hopefully they promote Bobby Benson to help keep the offense consistent...

Their gonna clean house, Dwan and Benson are gone as well. Will be very interesting to see who they end up with and how the job is valued at this point.

Another name mentioned in their FanLax thread was Seth Tierney.

A number there felt they should at least ask John Tillman even though they know going in he'd very probably say no.

I frankly think the move to the big 10 really helped to kill that program. well done.

Not sure if that was the main issue, but I don't know have the knowledge of big 10 nastiness that some on here seem to have. Certainly gave them an insane strength of schedule each year. There strength of schedule is what got them in the tourney the past 4 years, despite 3 of those years ending 8-7 8-7 and 8-8. Then they would immediately prove they didn't belong by getting routed by an ACC team in the first round. With the focus they put on something with circular logic like RPI it helps to be in a top 2 conference. Helps with recruiting too. Not sure if that cancels out big 10 shenanigans but I really am out of the loop on that.

He has 2 sons right? Thought I heard both were really good.
Not sure about the other one but whoever is a 2022 that plays offense for Boy's Latin is a serious talent. I believe Dom is his name

Another name mentioned in their FanLax thread was Seth Tierney.

A number there felt they should at least ask John Tillman even though they know going in he'd very probably say no.

Hopkins better loosen those transfer rules if they plan on going after Tillman. In all seriousness seems hard to believe Tillman would leave Maryland for pretty much any job at this point especially for an in conference team.

Agree. He seems to have alot of flexibility and teflon at Merryland . Wouldn't be the case at JHU

Tillman and Shay aren’t leaving, they have golden gooses with UA and Tsai, don’t bother. Off the top of my head... Seth Tierney, Nadalen, Chemotti and Raymond.

Tillman and Shay aren’t leaving, they have golden gooses with UA and Tsai, don’t bother. Off the top of my head... Seth Tierney, Nadalen, Chemotti and Raymond.

Agreed though it's hard to see the alumni and fabase being fans of Tierney at this point. Nadalen and Raymond are the two that make the most sens to me. I know some want to make a run at Shay but like you said I don't see that at all. Marr to me would be a disaster on both ends, neither fits the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom