Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO... the gang mentality on this board. The "office" needs a new game plan. Maybe call off the full court press? Diplomacy? Tolerance? Ya get more bees with honey.

On that note... I hope everyone has a sparkling, amazing and fantastically AWESOME day! Let's reel in Akok!

Last edited:
Yes we should stop recruiting players based upon Crystal Balls.

FWIW The meth ball still has us getting Akok. Corey Evans is the only one picking UConn.

Then he should have capitalized the "O". ;)
5AC1175D-DBA3-48B6-B1C1-02F79631308A.gif

You're right about crystal balls. I prefer data myself. Research. There is way too much ad hominem arguments here.

Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

You're right about crystal balls. I prefer data myself. Research. There is way too much ad hominem arguments here.

Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

Yeah I wasn't attacking you.

Someone else already said that Guerrier was going to Oregon and Girard to BC.

Now one analyst says Akok may go to Connecticut and you think we need to look elsewhere.

People inside the coaches office know more than any poster on this board. So instead of us criticizing their every move why don't we wait and see how things play out. NOT ONE of our targets have signed with anyone.

Not to be a troll but don't sleep on Providence. Akok has played with three current top fifty friars and all three have been making their pitch for him. Crystal Ball and others have been showing some love for the friars lately and gaining some momentum. Ed Cooley and the friars are currently on a ten day, four game trip to Italy and when they return they will open the new state of the art practice facility, the Ruane Center. The friars recently received a verbal from top 60 Greg Gantt, a point forward who plays multiple positions. Akok has been to Friartown many times and would be a great fit for them. I don't have any inside information but this should turn out to be a close race.
I agree. I think PC is a legit contender here. Unfortunately. It’s insane how tiny little PC and Seton Hall, Catholic school afterthoughts in the old/real Big East for most of the last 15-20 years of its existence, have scrambled into its top half and become tourney contenders with all the big boys now gone.

_LR7x1aZ_bigger.jpg

Per sources around the program, UConn is very confident in their chances to land 2019 forward Akok Akok. Dan Hurley and his staff have clearly made him a priority.@247recruiting recently upgraded Akok to a 5-star prospect and 25th overall in the class of 2019.
2:33 PM - Aug 16, 2018

As is our staff
Which means he’s either saying the same thing to both schools or someone is misunderstanding his actions. Based on UConn thinking their in the lead for like 5 top 100 guys maybe they’re not getting a true feel for what these kids actually think lol

A priority for me would be playing time and another would be what are my chances to get to big dance. It’s magical and no one wants to be excluded. Hope Akok thinks seriously about that.

Yes, but my gut only and looking at the potential roster 2020
I think it comes down to who jumps 1st, if Akok goes 1st, i think we get QG as well, if QG goes 1st, i do not think we get Akok, again just my thinking

I think it comes down to who jumps 1st, if Akok goes 1st, i think we get QG as well, if QG goes 1st, i do not think we get Akok, again just my thinking
This is surprising. I think both would start next year as my assumption is Brissett and Marek will both leave. The only other guy would be Hughes as Braswell would probably not pass QG and Akok on the depth chart

You wouldn’t think it would matter. They won’t play the same position. Ones a four and the other a 2 or 3.

This is surprising. I think both would start next year as my assumption is Brissett and Marek will both leave. The only other guy would be Hughes as Braswell would probably not pass QG and Akok on the depth chart
Sorry if I missed something, but what's the thinking behind Marek leaving?

Sorry if I missed something, but what's the thinking behind Marek leaving?

There's no solid information behind it -- it is being highlighted as a risk, more so than something that will tangibly happen.

Francis brought this up as a possibility prior to last season -- on the logic that Marek might opt to pursue playing professional ball in Europe, that he might not assimilate with the culture and opt not to remain long, etc. Those were hypotheticals, not thrown out as fact -- but they've been seized upon by a few board members as a cause for concern.

When Marek opted to head home for the first time in a year to spend the first summer session with his family instead of being at SU, that caused the alarm bells to start ringing again for some. I don't think there's much to worry about.

Last edited:
There's no solid information behind it -- it is being highlighted as a risk, more so than something that will tangibly happen.

Francis brought this up as a possibility prior to last season -- on the logic that Marek might opt to pursue playing professional ball in Europe, that he might not assimilate with the culture and opt not to remain long, etc. Those were hypotheticals, not thrown out as fact -- but they've been seized upon by a few board members as a cause for concern.

When Marek opted to head home for the first time in a year to spend the first summer session with his family instead of being at SU, that caused the alarm bells to start ringing again for some. I don't think there's much to worry about.
Maybe those throwing out hypotheticals didn't see photos of Marek and his (very pretty) SU -cheerleader gf. Doesn't seem like he's slumming it here in the US.

Based on what i have been told, he is not leaving after this season, but kind of early to put that in stone

Based on what i have been told, he is not leaving after this season, but kind of early to put that in stone

Thanks. Whats your thoughts on the current targets, who do you think we have a good shot of landing?

Status
Not open for further replies.