Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
he had 5 points in the game i watched, it was from the post above, def. a solid athlete, just seemed asleep, i have only see him play this 1x, so he might have been out late the night before
i do not think we watched the same game, #34 was a monster and played basically the entire game where AKOK was on the floor much less.
AKOK took less than 6 shots , probably had 3 boards, #11 correct?

My bad - I thought your were talking about the championship game. In that game he had at least 11p, 4r & 2b. Liked what I saw on both offense & defense. Also - he looks to be capable of playing the wing in the zone. Quick feet, good reaction time, and seems to understand defending an area. If he adds muscle to play the 5 he may lose that, but in the championship game he was a perimeter defender primarily and helped on the inside as needed. Pretty impressive.

My bad - I thought your were talking about the championship game. In that game he had at least 11p, 4r & 2b. Liked what I saw on both offense & defense. Also - he looks to be capable of playing the wing in the zone. Quick feet, good reaction time, and seems to understand defending an area. If he adds muscle to play the 5 he may lose that, but in the championship game he was a perimeter defender primarily and helped on the inside as needed. Pretty impressive.

I would think we are recruiting him as a wing player (although sometimes our wing players do man the 5 in our zone) this kid doesn't fit the bill as a 5.

100% we want him on our squad, i was just saying the center played a WOW game, he got the MVP

Hearing we are making progress on AKOK, not thrilled with it is an understatement, there are 2 other potentials for 18, nothing close though, Gerry on this.

i made a mistake, was thinking he was a different player - duh - sorry bout that

This kid looks like he'd be a great addition. The inside/outside game is something we rarely have. He looks capable of playing the wing and the 5, if necessary.

If we had a 4-man with these offensive skills this year, we'd be so much better.

Osun Osunniyi 2018 |

Putnam Science Academy wins 2018 Nationanl Prep Championship |

Putnam Science Academy won the first national championship in school history on Thursday night with a 74-66 overtime win over Northfield Mount Hermon.

The Mustangs trailed 33-19 at the half but fought all the way back to advance to overtime when Kyle Lofton blocked a potential game winning three-pointer for NMH at the end of regulation. That defensive stand came following a huge three from Jose Perez to even the score with under a minute to play in the half.

Osun Osunniyi took MVP honors, scoring 27 points in the final, while being a menace on the defensive end and the glass all weekend long thanks to his length and athleticism. His frontcourt mates Akok Akok and Josh Mballa stepped up at various points in the week as well as Putnam scored hard fought wins over Scotland Campus Sports and Woodstock Academy (another overtime decision) just to reach the final. DeMarr Langford was an equally important contributor on the perimeter, as he played major minutes down the stretch thanks to his ability to lock down on the defensive end and secure long rebounds.

OSUN is they type of player we should have signed 12 months ago
2ND TEAM ALL-NEW ENGLAND

Jaiden Delaire, 6’9” Wing, Loomis
Nick Timberlake, 6’4” PG/Wing, Kimball Union
Akok Akok, 6’9” Wing/Big, Putnam Science
Dana Tate, 6’7” Wing, MacDuffie
Cormac Ryan, 6’5” PG/Wing, Milton
Osun Osunniyi, 6’11” Big, Putnam Science
Miles Norris, 6’10” Wing, Brewster
AJ Reeves, 6’6” Wing, Brimmer & May
Mika Adams-Woods, 6’4” PG/Wing, New Hampton
Daniel Buie, 6’4” PG/Wing, Gould

Notes: Osunniyi unselfishly stuck to his role as a rim protector throughout the regular season but really burst onto the scene in the postseason. The Lasalle-commit finished his prep season with a dominant 27-point, 13-rebound, 6-block performance against NMH in the National Championship Game. As far as ceiling is concerned, Osunniyi may own one of the highest in the 2018 class and will step into an Atlantic-10 conference devoid of a force of his nature….Timberlake finished his lone season in the NEPSAC by scoring over 620 points on the season and averaging 24 points per game. His recruitment has ticked up a bit but he remains one of the most under recruited players in New England….Buie, a 2019 prospect, strong-armed the NEPSAC to the tune of 25pts/6ast/4reb/2.5stl in his first season at Gould. Buie remains under-the-radar recruit but at the rate he’s producing and the level of play he’s doing it against, that should change very soon….Delaire was sidelined until January with an injury but made the most of his season once he returned. The versatile and ever-improving 6’9” wing averaged 21.3pts/7.4reb/2.5ast while leading Loomis to the #1-seed in the A playoffs. By the time the NEPSAC playoffs rolled around, Delaire was back to full health and the results were almost scary. He was recently named Connecticut’s Gatorade Player of the Year.

i thought the big kid who is going to Lasalle was the best player on the court, for that 1 game, i have no idea how he played previously, he committed very early to Lasalle.
#34 Osun Osunniyi -

La Salle's head coach just was let go... does this open up the possibility that he gets out of his NLI?

Regardless of where this player ends up, I'm going to continue to pronounce his name in "Hervé voice" in my head every time I read it.

Every. Time.

IMG_1490.JPG

Aaaaaaand, we're done.
Sorry. But, is anyone else imagining JB and GMac at an in home visit with this kid and talking about how he would fit in to the offense using stuff like this? High diving each other and giggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom